Is this Calmag def ?

bigbawz66

On 11/04/2023 at 4:32 PM, bigbawz66 said:

End ec is 0.8 , ph 6.0 ish. Noticed a couple lower leaves going yellow.

As already mentioned above your feed is probably too light.

Making up your 0.1ec water to 0.4 with calmag should go a big way to getting closer to the optimum ratio. Close enough I would think.

You make no mention of the ec of the run off when watering.

This is a good way to get a handle on what's going on.

Run off ec much higher than going in; reduce feed strength and vice versa.

Your coco may also need a bit of buffering and could be robbing some of the little feed you are giving them. Boosting feed strength will help with that.

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

As already mentioned above your feed is probably too light.

Making up your 0.1ec water to 0.4 with calmag should go a big way to getting closer to the optimum ratio. Close enough I would think.

You make no mention of the ec of the run off when watering.

This is a good way to get a handle on what's going on.

Run off ec much higher than going in; reduce feed strength and vice versa.

Your coco may also need a bit of buffering and could be robbing some of the little feed you are giving them. Boosting feed strength will help with that.

I’ve never measured my ec run off to be honest. I have been setting my ec to 0.4 with Calmag then adding rest of nutes and that brought it to 0.8. As I understand it I should be setting Calmag to 0.8 then adding rest of nutes should bring it to 1.2 ish. 

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

A photograph of the affected plant/s might help with diagnosis :thumsup:

Atb

Edit: How’s the temperature and Relative Humidity?

Do you have a grow diary you can point us to?

:yinyang:I’ve tried to add a photo  but I’ve no idea what I’m doing. It’s been 7 years since I last t posted. 
temp is 27 and  rh is  65 ish 

thanks 

Edited by bigbawz66
  • Like 1

Just now, bigbawz66 said:

understand it I should be setting Calmag to 0.8 then adding rest of nutes should bring it to 1.2 ish. 

Calmag to 0.4 and add feed up to 1.2.

And yeah. Make sure to keep an eye on run off till you get to grips with it at least.

Coco for cannabis dot com have a good beginners guide. Well worth checking out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigbawz66 said:

As I understand it I should be setting Calmag to 0.8

you can do that bro, ive done it myself, got the idea from ########## site

but you dont need to go that high. going that high doesn't leave you with much EC room for much else

what I did/do, that makes a huge difference, is pre-buffer my coco with calmag, so that the coco is not affecting the feed by 'stealing' the Ca & Mg elements

- rinse & calmag to 0.4EC, then add round-about 1.5ml/L coco A & B to get the EC to 1.2

and it works for me, before this I had terrible problems with coco

going to 0.8EC with calmag + nutes on top, you might notice toxicity (too much nutrients)

mystic

edit-### means the coco for cannabis site it did that automatically 

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

you can do that bro, ive done it myself, got the idea from ########## site

but you dont need to go that high. going that high doesn't leave you with much EC room for much else

what I did/do, that makes a huge difference, is pre-buffer my coco with calmag, so that the coco is not affecting the feed by 'stealing' the Ca & Mg elements

- rinse & calmag to 0.4EC, then add round-about 1.5ml/L coco A & B to get the EC to 1.2

and it works for me, before this I had terrible problems with coco

going to 0.8EC with calmag + nutes on top, you might notice toxicity (too much nutrients)

mystic

edit-### means the coco for cannabis site it did that automatically 

Thanks fella. I looked into pre buffering. I’m in canna pro plus and I believe it is lightly pre buffered so didn’t bother. When I pot up to final pots , I’ll pre buffer I reckon. 

Edited by bigbawz66

21 hours ago, bigbawz66 said:

canna pro plus and I believe it is lightly pre buffered 

that's what I use

id nutrient-buffer it

because iirc when they mention thats its buffered they are on about pH buffering

mystic

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbawz66 said:

Here is the offending plant  Magnesium deficiency?large.4EBB00C1-0509-4871-9B73-B87389A2FFDE.jpeg

not sure. let it progress for a few days n have another look

mystic

• Like 1

It should sort itself out in a few days with the advice given about feeding :) 

Remember to make sure you water/feed to run off.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Hungry. 

I thought soft water feed was meant to deal with cal:mag deficit, otherwise, what’s the point in it?! 

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I thought soft water feed was meant to deal with cal:mag deficit, otherwise, what’s the point in it?! 

i use GA's soft water nutes, if i don't use at full dose i get cal def, takes the piss tbh, and use terra aquatics cal/mag to boost it

GA also sell cal/mag lol

• Like 1

@ratdogI’ve never used them like coz my water is okay but if I had to and I was getting started up and didn’t know any better it’d piss me off that it didn’t cure the deficit. I dunno maybe I’m just moaning and want me arse wiping. I’ve just noticed soooo many questions on water, calcium and magnesium recently. Last thing you need when you start out is to begin studying a chemistry A-Level 

• Like 2