Is this Calmag def ?

bigbawz66

Not grown since 2017, thought I’d give coco. I’m not quite getting my head round the ec thing. Seedlings are 17 days since they popped. Been adding Calmag to my tap water which is 0.1 out the tap. Getting it up to 0.4 then adding canna an and b and Rhizo. End ec is 0.8 , ph 6.0 ish. Noticed a couple lower leaves going yellow. Should I be upping my Calmag at this point. 

is this Calmag def and if so what should my plan of attack be. Thanks for looking. 

Edited by bigbawz66
  • Like 1

@bigbawz66 - Hello mate, Im on my first run in coco, Total novice but the best lesson Ive learnt so far is to get your water tested properly so you know exactly what is in it! Mine came back with a ratio of like 26/1 cal - mag when it should be 3/1 !! Ive been massively helped along the way , Ive linked my diary below but im guessing they are hungry without seeing photos? 

Check page 3 onwards is when mine started going yellow (mg deficiency) !! all recovered now thanks only to the people on here!! 

Good luck! Maybe start a diary for the best help!

e2a - up top you need to go to "create@ and create a gallery for images to upload to ! Images need to be a certain size too.. 

Edited by L3D
  • Like 1

Up the EC to 1.2. Also, you need to check the cal:mg ratio of your water first. Adding cal:mg is pointless if all you need is mg. Correct ratio for plants is 3:1. London tap is 19:1. Mg every watering. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Up the EC to 1.2. Also, you need to check the cal:mg ratio of your water first. Adding cal:mg is pointless if all you need is mg. Correct ratio for plants is 3:1. London tap is 19:1. Mg every watering. 

This is exactly what my issue was, Ratio was way out, got my water checked and they advised exactly how much mg to add to my water, i have cal mag but not used it, just adding mono mg, can use epsom salts too but you need to know how much otherwise as above, its pointless, you'll do more harm than good... Check my diary, I've made the mistakes so you don't have to lol 

Start a diary imo, the help and advice on here is amazing! 

• Like 2

10.03 mgCa/l. And 0.64 mgMa/l

no idea how to calculate thus. But looks like I need magnesium. Dunno how much tho. 

Edited by bigbawz66
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigbawz66 said:

But looks like I need magnesium.

you need both, i would just get some terra aquatics cal/mag, theirs has the lowest amount of N i have found so won't fuck with your regular feeds

add at 1-1.5ml per ltr

Edited by ratdog
add ltr
  • Like 4

If that report is correct, it’s still way off the golden 3:1. Add cal mag if you think that’s low, but you’ll still need to boost the mg. @Oldbearhelped me with the dosing math, I’m no expert on soft water.. 

• Like 3

What are you feeding them? my mineral content is similar, when I moved over to coco I went with Dutch Pro soft water and haven’t seen any signs of a cal mag deficiency since.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

What are you feeding them? my mineral content is similar, when I moved over to coco I went with Dutch Pro soft water and haven’t seen any signs of a cal mag deficiency since.

Canna an and b and canna Rhizotonic. Half strength. 

Canna a and b is suitable for a background ec between 0.4 and 0.7 so if your tap water is less than that you will need to add some cal mag as there is not enough in the a and b. You are also feeding at half strength so you will see some deficiencies, you could add cal mag or Epsom salts, but I would go for a soft water/ RO feed 

Edited by The Green Manalishi
Adding bits
  • Like 2

Canna do mono cal and mono magnesium if you want to dial in yer water properly :yep:

Rather than just scatting cal/mag in and hoping it works.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

A photograph of the affected plant/s might help with diagnosis :thumsup:

Atb

Edit: How’s the temperature and Relative Humidity?

Do you have a grow diary you can point us to?

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Rather than just scatting cal/mag in and hoping it works.

it will work mate, his water is similar to mine ;)

• Like 1