My first grow!

kerser

I'll just add my 2p..

I started growing autos indoors. Never really had any stunt growth, and decent yeilds, yes some were stronger than others but I think that goes for all plants grown from seed.

However since turning to photo period plants, mainly regs (Subbies) the overall quality has increased I would say. Plus as has been said up there, you have more control over size. I can now grow more plants in smaller pots in the same space as autos with bigger pots. Photos would be my go to now, still chuck the odd auto in the garden every year though, they normally produce something worth consuming.

• Like 5

@kerser, just to add that once you've got your space set up to your liking, there's no substitute for just getting on with it! :) You'll soon get the hang of things. If you have grown any other plants, even just some house plants, then the experience will stand you in good stead. Ultimately it's just gardening. Enjoy!

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Crow River said:

If you have grown any other plants, even just some house plants,

This was the first thing I asked the OP lol

I'm out of here :skin_up:

• Like 1

Indoor, there's one situation where autos are superior to photos methinks : growing in a cold room, you can keep lights on 24/7, avoiding night period and its low temps and RH peaks.

Still have to finish my 1st photo run to make my opinion but I'll probably continue with photos next time to learn to grow  them better.

• Like 3

Gorilla Zkittlez

large.Jpgpro_out_03a4b312e8ad7ab31d13237d70483a87.jpg

large.Jpgpro_out_40e3820064a7a238097c65c149dac9b3.jpg

Amnesia Zkittlez

large.Jpgpro_out_ee7ee694bec3338dd6ab35d4c4bb43be.jpg

Tuesday:
Planted seeds in small pots.
- Filled up a 1 litre bottle with water and added 1.5ml Biobizz root juice to it.

Thursday:

Went to check on them in the morning, the Gorilla Skittlez had popped up and looks well, the Amnesia has now showed up aswell!

I've been spraying them both throughout the days a few times to keep the soil looking moist

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Shumroom said:

This was the first thing I asked the OP lol

I'm not sure OP understood your question though, maybe thought you were asking about growing weed?

Edited by Crow River

@purepotstill  I used to think the same. Long as the roots stay warm the plants can tolerate fairly low temps. I keep my insulated cupboard warm with a couple of small tube heater through the dark period. This is in a cold garage, through winter. Occasionally lows of 16, more likely 19-20c. You have a point about humidity spikes though, I've never monitored they.

@kerser Looking good! You got the heat mat yet? It will need controlling also, via a thermostat of some sort. Be wary of over watering!

• Like 3
On 4/14/2023 at 9:56 AM, Openairbud said:

@purepotstill

@kerser Looking good! You got the heat mat yet? It will need controlling also, via a thermostat of some sort. Be wary of over watering!

I havent yet but I will try to sort that today -

Do you keep heat mats for the whole grow through to flowering?

Isit worth getting an oil radiator?

large.imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Fkf7fQPdGQx.jpglarge.imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-yaJ62cvA1NUhIT.jpg

I put that little humidifier in to raise the humidity and it worked instantly went up to like 70+ but it looked so steamy and I thought the water might affect the light so I turned it of.

Ive just stuck a damp flannel in hanging on the top pole, now the humidity is always around 42ish

Do I need to raise it?

Ive had the lights on 24/7 since putting them in the tent, Ive got the dimmer mode at 50% about 20" away

Isit ok to have them uncovered now???

I haven't set up my filter or fan yet but plan to do it over the weekend..... does that help with humidity?

I havent attached my clip on fan yet.….. should I or are they too small?

I probably got more basic questions so I hope you dont mind !!?

• Like 2

Mm it is a little on the cold side considering there is no heat for the roots. They will be a few degrees below the ambient air temp. Get that heat mat and stat! :) Get the pots to 23c.

Don't worry so much about humidity at the moment, that will rise as the plants grow. I prob wouldn't bother with extraction just yet, BUT set it up and see what effect it has on your environment.

Yes keep them uncovered now. As they are autos they are on a built in timer so the faster you can get them growing from the start the bigger the plants will be.

Is that a root in the upside down pot pic? That's good.

As I said be aware of over watering. It's hard for me to give advice on that through a screen, but I would say don't water now for a day maybe. Feel the weight of the pots, make a mental note(if they've just been watered) and then feel again late tomorrow. All being well they should feel noticeably lighter. You don't want to keep the pots soaked all the time, they need to use up 50% ish of the water given before giving more.

Lot of waffle there! Hope that helps somewhat, others may be along to add more soon :yep:

• Like 3

large.Jpgpro_out_6a010f1d89e5abf8e063848a5a025df9.jpglarge.Jpgpro_out_6a36877ca488bb701eb0500fd171566d.jpg

Day 8

The amnesia died :thumbdown: !!

The last 3 days didnt grow at all so Ive just got rid.. I was proper down for the day but I should get used to things fucking up i guess

large.Jpgpro_out_7f926a6fb8e11a0e50a3aa16feb0fbce.jpglarge.Jpgpro_out_8753b279edd708644fc90d59683a5a43.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez is looking ok, when should i be looking to transplant?

Is bat guano ok? Do i need to use it?

I was told to mix some of that in with the biobizz light mixand and sprinkle some Mycorrhizal fung on the roots/where placing plant

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kerser said:

Gorilla Zkittlez is looking ok, when should i be looking to transplant?

Look for roots poking through the holes at the bottom of the pot. If you see some, before watering, carefully put the root ball out to check. If you see lots of roots circling around, it's time to pot up.

Is bat guano ok? Do i need to use it?

I won't use it yet. Too hot of a soil can burn young roots. Later, when roots are well established, you can mix some to your soil.

Day 8

The amnesia died :thumbdown: !!

The last 3 days didnt grow at all so Ive just got rid.. I was proper down for the day but I should get used to things fucking up i guess

You could have wait a little. Runts are surprising sometimes.

• Like 3
On 09/04/2023 at 10:34 AM, purepotstill said:a shitload of stupid mistakes... lol

I’m not that great at navigating this site so I hope this gets seen.

i have 10+ plus experience in dealing with autos. It is pointless using a pot much bigger than a 5/6ltr. When I see them in 10/15/20 ltr pots it’s such a waste. If your in a tent,I guarantee you will end up with more product by adding more plants to use the space the whacking great ott 20 ltr pots take up.

They do not respond well to potting on,you have to (my way) start them in a pellet then put them in the only pot it will see and don’t pot on!! It’s pointless. They don’t respond to topping in an advantageous way. 
i look at Autos like a countdown timer and it’s started ticking the minute it’s germinated. 

snyway-goodluck peeps.

On 09/04/2023 at 10:34 AM, purepotstill said:

I’m not that great at navigating this site so I hope this gets seen.

i have 10+ plus experience in dealing with autos. It is pointless using a pot much bigger than a 5/6ltr. When I see them in 10/15/20 ltr pots it’s such a waste. If your in a tent,I guarantee you will end up with more product by adding more plants to use the space the whacking great ott 20 ltr pots take up.

They do not respond well to potting on,you have to (my way) start them in a pellet then put them in the only pot it will see and don’t pot on!! It’s pointless. They don’t respond to topping in an advantageous way. 
i look at Autos like a countdown timer and it’s started ticking the minute it’s germinated. 

snyway-goodluck peeps.

• Like 1