My first grow!

kerser

Hi guys im starting my first grow, (seeds arrived yesterday) so hopefully all goes well with germination.

Seeds: Fast Buds Gorilla Zkittlez + FB Amnesia Zkittlez

Tent: Mars Hydro 60x60x140

Spider Farmer sf1000

Rhino pro 4" with rvk 100 carboair 4"
(got a smart controller that plugs in with this to adjust temperature and fan speed)

Biobizz light mix
Clay pebbles
vege grow

Temperature/Humidity meter

6 inch clip on fan

11L fabric pots

Anything else Im missing or need to get? heat mat or tube?

Can I use water straight from the tap for watering? (let it sit for 24 hours and good to go)?  
This is one thing that im concerned about. :mellow:

Should I have my fan and filter outside the tent to save space or keep them in and see how it goes? Isit as effective outside?

Thanks

• Like 2

Aye, a heatmat is invaluable to keep their bums warm. Also leaving water for 24hrs is a load of poop. Just use a bit of warm water to take the edge off. I get mine between 21 and 23 degrees using an IR Thermometer. 

Good luck :) 

• Like 4

Hi mate, welcome. 

Don't fret on the water, out the tap, or stand, bubble whatever & leave for hours to get rid of the smell, judging by previous comments on here, it doesn't matter. I let mine stand, it stinks out of the tap & gets it up to temperature. 

Ambients will dictate annual heating requirements, I have a tent area smaller than yours, with heat mat & tube heater, inputting from an internal room with additional heating next to tent inlet& it only just managed to hold temps over the winter. 

• Like 3

Welcome to UK420 :thumsup:

Do you have some experience growing plants? 

I constantly see new growers falling foul of marketing people :(

they constantly say that autos are simple(in one way they are) to grow. 

Autoflowers are more difficult to get right than tradition photoperiod plants :yep:

Some people get the wrong idea, 

thinking I'm a hater. 

Check out the link below:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/76-problem-solver/

Autos do have a place,

Eg. they are great for outdoors, 

where light pollution might be an issue, 

or where photoperiod alternatives might not finish etc. 

I encourage you to put the auto seeds away for now, 

get yourself a pack of photoperiod seeds,

that way you can be in control of the grow. 

Also autos aren't as quick to finish as usually stated in the marketing info, 

so you don't really get a fast run with them,

but who are you going to complain to lol

We can help you to pick a strain if you want :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 10

@mikeydoughnuthas said the most important. Keep your filter inside the tent, it's better to suck than to blow through it.

Another thing, if you stay with autos, don't start them in the 11L pots. Even if you don't pot up as often as photos, it's easier to sow them in very small pots (1/2L max) and to put them in their final pots once they have rooted the small ones.

Other things : if you struggle to keep your environment stable, you can run the lights 24/7 with no harm. You don't want to top them so you need to learn to bend them if you want bushy plants making an even canopy. Search for Low Stress Training, aka LST, for more infos.

@Shumroom's right about the grow control thing : if you fuck the veg period, you will end with small plants because autos have an internal clock and will start to flower when they decide to. Photos are more forgiving because you can extend veg time til your plants are the size you want them to be. That said, I'm currently doing my 1st photos run, and I struggle more than with my previous autos runs. But I've made a shitload of stupid mistakes... lol

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 4

Hi

just started my 1st auto, so I'm a bit nervous.

I use filtered water, maybe invest in a filter, it removes a lot of crap and good for drinking :rolleyes:

Good luck

• Like 2

Sorry I missed your question about tap water.

Yes you can give straight from the tap,

but I add some hot water to make sure it’s around 24C,

you don’t want to give them cold water :) 

It’s all about trying to keep them within certain variables and root temperature is an important one ;) 

Atb

• Like 4

Thanks for all your replys! I was working earlier then watching the match!

COYG!:hippy:

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Welcome to UK420 :thumsup:

Do you have some experience growing plants?

Autoflowers are more difficult to get right than tradition photoperiod plants :yep:

I encourage you to put the auto seeds away for now, 

get yourself a pack of photoperiod seeds,

that way you can be in control of the grow. 

Also autos aren't as quick to finish as usually stated in the marketing info, 

so you don't really get a fast run with them,

but who are you going to complain to

We can help you to pick a strain if you want

Thanks mate appreciate the advice, this is my first grow attempt - no experience whatsoever.

Ive just been looking at videos and reading the forums to try and understand it all as much as I can for the last few months

I think your probably right I should do photos, thats what most people say.

What seeds would you recommend?

I just want something strong that taste good

I dont know much about different strains ect, I just know I like to get high but for the last year or so of smoking the weed I've been getting is complete shit and barely gets me light headed and I dont even consider myself a big smoker. 1-2 spliffs a day

So thats whats brought me here plus I think I willl enjoy this new hobby!

I could still just run the autos in some little pots without paying much attention and see if anything comes of them?

7 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Just a heads up on the controller front, rvk is an ac fan, check your controller isn’t for ec fans. Some of those controllers make your fan buzz like fuck. Have read through this thread more info :yep:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/111960-variacs/

Is this ok?

large.IMG_20230409_185748.jpg

If I was to go with the photos how many strains would you recommend for my size tent and what pot sizes?

• Like 2

Id like to try a variety all different strains over time, but my first grow I want something hard-hitting and something abit more mellow I guess.

38 minutes ago, kerser said:

Is this ok?

There’s a thread about those somewhere mate, I think you get a buzz. Give it a go, but keep the box :yep:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kerser said:

What seeds would you recommend?

I just want something strong that taste good

A couple of popular choices for a late evening smoke due to the type of high/stone are Sweet Seeds Mohan Ram and Cream Caramel,

they’re easy to grow and are usually done flowering in around 8 weeks of 12/12 and they yield well.

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/sweet-seeds-mohan-ram/prod_1208

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/cream-caramel/

A great daytime/early evening smoke with fantastic flavour I’d highly recommend Lemon Drizzle from Real Gorilla Seeds.

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/lemon-drizzle/

Atb

• Like 2

@kerser

Welcome bud, seconded on the photo plants over auto...have a read through some of the diaries,  give you an idea of what to get.

I wouldn't use that so called 'smart' controller, I had one years ago and it just stopped, damn near cost me a crop.

• Like 2

Don't forget the promotion section on attitude. 

I checked out the price of the Fastbud strains and they are just shy of 50 notes for 5, or 11.50 each on there! 

Just as an example, stick a pack of UGORG Ghettoblaster in your basket, and change the selection of fem freebies to regular, and you bag 29 seeds (24 regs, 5 fems). Ghetto is turning out a solid strain and you'll net 16 of them. 

£4.10 per seed if you average it across the lot. 

Or subbies, the guys on here know the score with those :hippy:

I almost forget you can still use 420 in the discount code section on attitude!!

*drum roll*

£3.72 per seed.

:pitchfork:

• Like 3