Fuckwarp (early)

greengrocer93

Also regarding the Citrus Burst I know @Crow River is running a few so be keeping an eye to see how he gets on with it. I’ve got another one at another plot not seen for a while so fingers crossed. Love to see it thrive personally. Had high hopes. 

ok FWE thread …. But it’s all relevant yea

• Like 2

Looking real nice in here. Some of my plants are molding too. With the mention of EG, Essex Gold is the most mold resistant strain I've ever grown. Tommy tuckers Essex Gold X Lemon Drizzle are looking and smelling killer. Only got two small plants but if they come through which I'm.sure the will I'll grow that as a banker strain next season.

Bet the cheese cross smells killer!

• Like 1

@geo1 your making me salivate… are you talking the Lovelock bonus cheese cross beans ? I only put out the standard Lovelock. Only got the one out.. no rot when I was there last week but was only about half way into flowering 

mate I’m the cheer leader fan boy for the Mighty Essex Gold. Don’t get me wrong. I will get my pom pom’s out in a minute … still a fine beautiful specimen that was looking well chunky and juicy is rotting over in my best plot… indeed bares testament to the terror of the foul and treacherous weather we’ve been having over where I am based.. hence I mentioned the heart wrenching phenomenon for contexts sake   

you been sniffing Tommy’s buds? Sounds like an interesting combo. Boom. Did he cross with the fried chicken Pheno ha?

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 2

Yea man. Slim offered me the cheese cross as testers but I didnt have the room this season. Be nice to see you get some home and in the jars.

Can't believe the Essex Gold are rotting!! Haha he told me about the chicken pheno! Think he used a more lemon skunk leaning pheno he said and crossed with a rogue lemon drizzle male that was a beast and stunk of lemons. They really do smell spectacular. I'll send you some pics tomorrow

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

It’s not a case of not continuing, more the ones I chucked in as freebies were the test cross, where I leave things open genetically speaking to see possibilities & combining ability (fair bit of variation), this way I can go forward breeding the parent lines in certain directions, to eventually land at an ideal F1.  For example, I’m currently selecting for taller, open structure among the RW x UEL F2s, which will eventually lead the that line passing this on in hybrids, and on the MWF side I’ve just done a selection based mainly on mold resistance traits, so I’d expect if anything that the eventual release of Fuckwarp ultras will have greater mold resistance to the comparatively squat and dense standard Fuckwarps - essentially where all plants are representative of the best individuals the test cross has thrown up.   If that makes sense.  

Only just noticed this comment. Fuckwarpingly Interesting. Makes sense. The FWU defo got potential… super early. Flower nugs look/looked tasty and fairly tight. If it was like last summer we prob might not have even noticed the rot issue. I defo think I would have been trimming for less time if I was more brutal stripping off lots more of the lower branching while still early in veg. Plus woulda been more airy for better air flow access 

Salute

Edited by Erbman T

Just now, geo1 said:

Yea man. Slim offered me the cheese cross as testers but I didnt have the room this season. Be nice to see you get some home and in the jars.

Can't believe the Essex Gold are rotting!! Haha he told me about the chicken pheno! Think he used a more lemon skunk leaning pheno he said and crossed with a rogue lemon drizzle male that was a beast and stunk of lemons. They really do smell spectacular. I'll send you some pics tomorrow

Fantastic ! Yea we love pics 

p.s not all my Essex are rotting (better not be) … got a fair few dotted around the place for insurance against the weather. Just this big juicy one that was looking amazing. Sadly last time I saw it about a week ago was peppered with the bot. Hope to see it again tomo… I’m expecting the autumnal colours to be showing by next visit 

peace 

• Like 3

Right

Took down the remaining Fuckwarp Early’s. Had a couple of hours left til dark. Sounds like the starter motor is about to go on my wagon (typical at this most important time of the season). Thought I better get to a plot. Wasn’t sure which to go to seeing my wagon might die soon. Thought about the rot on the Fuckwarp’s. Ain’t seen them for a few days. 

Think I did good. Finished trimming on site the one I’d took the tops off the other day. By the time I’d done that light was fading so ripped as many fan leafs off the other one quick as I could as the light was fading. Bundled everything in bin bags. Totally stinking. Lucky the wagon started. Got the hell out.

Just had a bath after trimming the other one backbreaking style at home. I much prefer trimming on site, Also much easier when fresh off the plant. 

My room fooking stinks. I’m really impressed with this. I don’t recall any others I’ve harvested before stinking this much. Wagon was stench’ville on way home. If I got stopped there would have been no explaining it away. It’s not just the fresh though. Cause the tops I cut off other day I had drying on the lines, mostly dry now were stinking out my room for the last few nights. Sleeping in skunk stench paradise. Literally wake up in the night and inhale large nose fulls of delightful skunky stench then go back to sleep.

Erbman recommends a carbon filter at home for this stuff. Got mine running and damn glad I do cause it honks.@Amarillo slim I’m very impressed with this so far. Not smoked any yet but the smell. No hay smell just skunk (how I’d describe the smell). How many more of these in the store? Might have to buy another pack. 

Just took these close nug shots. Kinda made things look more pretty than I could have cause there was fair bit of rot peppered about. But what’s survived the bot does seem top notch to me. And was way more decent flower left than bot.

This is the more dark green / Purple tinged one (below). The buds filled out a bit more with this one. Like I say I took the tops last visit and they were rock hard super dense nuggets. The lowers were a bit more time consuming to trim compared to the trimming the tops but that’s standard really 
large.IMG_8363.jpeglarge.IMG_8365.jpeglarge.IMG_8364.jpeglarge.IMG_8366.jpeglarge.IMG_8372.jpeg
Below is the more lighter coloured ‘Pheno’… before I cut it into sections bagged it and got the hell out. Buds were a little less dense than the other one with a bit more crystally leaf making up the bud. I mean there was hardly any Sun. With more Sun like a normal Summer prob be a bit more packed out.  But still Peng …(below) 

large.IMG_8367.jpeglarge.IMG_8370.jpeglarge.IMG_8369.jpeglarge.IMG_8368.jpeg
I would say this gets the Erbman seal of approval. Not tried the smoke yet but it looks and smells Peng to me. And it’s Early and takes the shite weather well. Buy them up before Erbman does. It’s despicable. 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 7:59 PM, Erbman T said:

Could just be generalised speculation ‘superstition’ on my part as you often hear people say loose airy flower is better with the mould as the moisture is less likely to get trapped. So it’s not a one nug fits all kind of situation

Breeding for mold resistance can be complex, no plant is entirely 'resistant', its not a qualitative trait which always comes about via the same way in different plants,  rather there are multiple smaller traits, which is various combinations lead to the character of being resistant / less susceptible or not.  

For example, as you say loose flowers can help reduce chances of mold because of increased airflow reducing moisture, and slows the spread due to bracts having less contact.  

Another trait which plays a big role in mold is older bracts dying off - something common in a lot of dutch indoor bred lines - the presence or absence of this trait alone can make a huge difference.  

Now, say you want to make a hybrid which has good resistance, first thought might be to simply cross together two lines which already have this quality.

But, lets say you have plant A, which has good resistance due to loose flowers, and plant B which has good resistant despite it having denser flowers, because the older bracts stay live and green till the end.  On the face of it, sounds good, but lets say the healthy bract trait of the denser parent is recessive in the F1 offspring, and the now medium density flowers don't have the airflow and space which gave the loose flowered parent its resistance.  See where thats going...?

--   Ahhh,  wrote a bunch more but lost it , took to long and site signed me out , hate it when that happens! 

Maybe for the best, I don't think people even attempt to read posts longer than a paragraph or two lol  

• Like 4

A Fuckwarp bud from about a week ago...

large.6519b066b4d83_Fuckwarp(early).jpg

Zero mold on this one, with nice greasy, stinky flowers.  If testers approve I'l use for F2s.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 7