Fuckwarp (early)

greengrocer93

@Erbman T

@Amarillo slim

Hi people sorry not been on here had a lot to deal with this year so update on the ladies zero rot on any plants fwe have been a dream to grow stinky compact indoor quality flower done in two weeks,fwu is lovely golf ball buds zero rot and about two weeks aswell the got about 4 weeks  goldilocks x cheese x UEL has one massive man cola prone to rot see how she goes lol But she is a stinker,

Lovelock are crazy sativas and are 3 and half weeks in flower with very airy bud growth at the min but the smell is sour,fruits etc so here they are in order people be safe out there and I hope u all get your goods this year it's been a nightmare for gorilla's

Fwe

Fwu

Goldilocks x cheese x UEL

Lovelock

large.IMG_20230829_060933_356.jpg

large.IMG_20230903_055007_055.jpglarge.IMG_20230903_055022_030.jpg

Fwu

large.IMG_20230903_055012_135.jpg

Goldilocks x cheese x UEL

large.IMG_20230903_054955_859.jpg

Lovelock

large.IMG_20230903_054944_642.jpg

• Like 15

Looking very impressive in here mate :yep:         Very interested to see these play  out !    

I wasnt well enough and missed the launch ,  only just realised they are in the shop on here  lol     

I will join in next season :george:

The very best of luck with them mate and please keep the pics & updates coming :yep:

Edited by OldFord
Spelling ...as usual !
  • Like 4

large.IMG_7809.jpegWent to look at the Fuckwarp Early (x2) & Fuckwarp Ultra yesterday 

Doin ok.. rot spread throughout x1 of the FWE and the FWU more so than one of the other FWE. But not spread a lot more than last visit. Defo a lot more decent bud left on the plants than rot. The other FWE less rot, triggered just a little bit later than it’s sister. Buds are more lighter coloured than her bigger sister which has more darker greens and purple tinge in the flower. Spent a few hours on the plot tidying things up. Did a fair bit of surgery chopping bits of rot out. Hands completely covered in resin from the Fuckwarps. Mus take gloves next time. Real dank skunky type smell to them. The FuckUltra (FWU) is about 8 weeks in flower with the FWE’s about a week or so behind. Hope to keep pushing along til end of Sept. Unless there’s heavier rain for more than say two or three days at which point will reassess. Despite the rot (weather was terrible here to be fair) I will defo run the FWE again. Flowers stinks and v resinous large.IMG_7815.jpeg
large.IMG_7810.jpeglarge.IMG_7803.jpeglarge.IMG_7799.jpeglarge.IMG_7801.jpeglarge.IMG_7800.jpeg

FWE (lighter coloured Pheno below) 
large.IMG_7795.jpeglarge.IMG_7796.jpeglarge.IMG_7798.jpeg
FWU (below)

large.IMG_7819.jpeglarge.IMG_7820.jpeg

• Like 11

Nice update @Erbman T, glad the mold hasn’t spread too much and you’re cropping some nice buds.  

I popped in to check mine recently and all Fuckwarps were mold free bar one, extra squat / dense individual, which had some in the very middle of plant.   So I think as you mentioned previously that in this case the weather coupled with plot selection and possibly damage from defoliation have played a large role in the levels or rot.   Plot I’m testing on is nice and open, with good spacing and native flora removed around plants - when there’s a breeze the plants dance.    Contrast to another plot that I’ve been using to select for mold resistance in pure MWF,  sheltered From winds, morning sun blocked, lots of moisture from surroundings - those plants are speckled with mold.   

The ultra as I said had a couple plants which had low resistance genetically due to it being an unstable test cross. Even though those were the exception as apposition to the rule,  il be changing freebies to something else going forward, either new version of ultras or Fuckwarp x MWF aka MWF BX1.   

Overall I’m very happy with the Fuckwarp (early) and plan to make new batch soon with same parents.  I’ll see about linking this thread to the description so people can more accurately gauge suitability to their situation. 

I’ll get some pics up at the weekend.  Cheers 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 5

Apologies, I know i said id put some pics up at weekend, other stuff swooped in,  such is life...

Odd little bit of mold on some, but given the dense nature of both overall morphology and flowers on these, is to be expected in current weather.   

Fuckwarp (early)

large.Fuckwarp2.jpglarge.Fuckwarp3.jpglarge.Fuckwarp4.jpg

Easy trim and dense buds make it nice and easy for one person to harvest fair bit in a short space of time / single trip.  Dried flower comparable to indoor in terms of bag appeal.  Ive been informed potency is up to scratch too.  

Il get some better pics and smoke reports up when I have time.  cheers 

• Like 8

looking good @Amarillo slim. I took down the Fuckwarp Ultra yesterday, took quite a while sat in the rain processing it cutting out the rot. Some nice bits where it hadn’t rotted. Shame it weren’t a bit more resistant cause it is indeed Ultra Early and rather nice flower I’d say. Anyway know you’re not continuing this strain. But not all of it was lost and it was pretty much ready.
large.IMG_8262.jpeglarge.IMG_8265.jpeg
Out of the two Fuckwarp Earlies I just took the tops off the darker shade of green/purple tinged one as insurance against total loss as could do with another week+ or so I think … There is rot throughout but nothing like there was with the Ultra. Also it seems good at not letting the rot spread easily at least in this specimen. The nugs themselves are extremely tight and hard on this one and yes indeed very quick to trim. Think this one is around week 7 flowering, give or take. 

large.IMG_8267.jpeglarge.IMG_8268.jpeg

The other Fuckwarp Eariy (below) that triggered around a week later and has a lighter whiter appearance. I left to cook some more as even though it’s had some rot for over a week or two now it’s still bearing up with little extra significant spread.  I will prob go check on them tomorrow or next day or so as we’ve had major downpours last few days and I’m gambling a bit leaving them more than a few days at a time without a check. Same way don’t wanna take too early if I can avoid it, not if I can get to a fuller maturity. 
large.IMG_8269.jpeg
Just to say next door to these is a Citrus Burst that contains Serious 6 in its genetics. I just planted one out at this plot for a trial of the strain. So sad to see it’s totally turning to mush at around 5 weeks into flower while just getting nice.. every single top bud is rotting out, might just be a weaker Pheno. But to be fair I’ve even got a big Essex Gold rotting out in quite an open good spot elsewhere. Of course Essex being renown for it hardiness. I do think it could be a more susceptible Pheno tho as some other Essex I got elsewhere are still holding up. Totally minging weather here though and crap season in general. The Fuckwarp Early defo seems to show good resistance, triggers early and the quick to trim bit is an excellent feature.. 

large.IMG_8280.jpeglarge.IMG_8272.jpeg

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Anyway know you’re not continuing this strain.

It’s not a case of not continuing, more the ones I chucked in as freebies were the test cross, where I leave things open genetically speaking to see possibilities & combining ability (fair bit of variation), this way I can go forward breeding the parent lines in certain directions, to eventually land at an ideal F1.  For example, I’m currently selecting for taller, open structure among the RW x UEL F2s, which will eventually lead the that line passing this on in hybrids, and on the MWF side I’ve just done a selection based mainly on mold resistance traits, so I’d expect if anything that the eventual release of Fuckwarp ultras will have greater mold resistance to the comparatively squat and dense standard Fuckwarps - essentially where all plants are representative of the best individuals the test cross has thrown up.   If that makes sense.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Also it seems good at not letting the rot spread easily at least in this specimen.

The fact it’s remained relatively localised hints that perhaps open wounds at peek moldy blackberry time could have invited in a heavier load of botrytis,  though could also be explained by reduced temps etc.   

I’ve not grown them, but I know citrus burst & Essex gold are normally particularly mold resistant, which - even accounting for variation - suggests environmental factors.  Are you in Cornwall? I think you may have mentioned so before.  I’ve heard recently from another grower down that way that weather has been awful, leading to rot in stuff adapted to his location.    Shame you haven’t got some plain Serious 6 on the plot, would be a good datum point to gauge resistance from. 

Anyway, thanks for the update, and glad you’re still pulling in some near fully cooked buds.   Looking forward to what you think of the finished product.  

Cheers 

• Like 3

@Amarillo slim all good man. Ain’t complaining and yea like I said before I’ve been transparent with things I might well have contributed to the rot. The plot itself is pretty good. Could give a bit more gap between plants to be optimum. I also placed yours at the most southern facing end of the plot, thinking ahead as I planned to be harvesting these before the later finishers. As the Sun gets lower in the sky the Early’s should be harvested and out of the way so not to overshadow the later flowerers. They were certainly all dancing in the wind when I was down there trimming. Weve been having nuff wind recently.

Nah not Cornwall. Lovely place that but a lat or two further up. The weather has been diabolically here tho no joke.

You see that Green Gold Bx1 in the random Guerrilla photos. It’s on the same plot as these (plus some other things from my own cooking). No rot (when I was last there ha). Hacked the Green Gold to hell defoliating it as I did yours somewhat (as I did everything on the plot). The FWU needed lots more defoliating than the FWE. In fact FWE didn’t really need much as ‘the easy to trim’ bit suggests.. The Green Gold is at least 3 / 4+ weeks behind yours in the earlier stages before rot becomes so much of an issue. Saying that though the Citrus Burst at 5 weeks is rotting out big time  All over. It’s everywhere. When i was plucking rot out from it I was also giving the flowers an inspection and a gentle squeeze to feel the bud density and textures. They are very soft buds, feels prime for the bot (I also ran Cream Mandarin auto this year, the auto that Citrus Burst is crossed with, it had similar soft flowers, that rotted out to fook in July). Again without running a few of them I don’t know if it’s just a weaker Pheno so it’s not a balanced judgement on the strain as a whole but just my observation also for sake of comparison especially seeing it contains S6.

Essex generally produces denser nugs like yours (big up Flighty btw. I love me Essex). All in all i’m being positive about FWE. I look forward to run larger numbers of them next year. Defo be my no 1 choice Early flowering strain. Your own pics and Greengrocer’s are testament to it being most likely things I’ve done or enviro’s my end (or a combo most likely) concerning the bot. Like I say the rot appeared weeks ago during a particular warm humid wet period and it doesn’t  spread rapidly. Just stays in little localised sections it seems. That’s Kind of what you want rather than a rapid rotter (lol) the Citrus had no rot on the last visit but on return it’s everywhere. It’s basically doomed. The other FWE is still down there now fully intact and I’m not feeling worried. Maybe go back today, tomo or after weekend….

The buds on the lines have got a nice stink 

Nah. Ran Serious 6 & 7 last year. Amazing plant that produces chunky full buds, but boring as fook smoke with weak potency. The holy grail of strains would be a plant that delivers the goods with resistance like Serious 6 but has dank juicy buds. 

I think your creation is not far off meeting the criteria. Woulda like to have experienced the original MWF. People seemed to like that one. 

cheers 

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 4

@Erbman T thatnks for the details,  really helps to paint a picture of the environment / situation so can figure out what’s going on when there’s so many variables at play.  Rarely black and white or just one thing.  Can see why people resorted to superstition for crop failure back in the day,  but I’m not gonna recommend you burn 5oz of last years weed in spring as a ritual sacrifice to the ganja gods,  what I am now thinking is holding off on new batch I was gonna do with same parents, and instead try using the new F4 S2 MWF I’ve selected this year in a particularly wet plot,  very similar to previous parent but with better mold resistance might be enough to tweak the F1 offspring to stand up better to in bad weather..   I might also drive it home more in the description that these are not supposed to be bullet proof, and plot selection should be based around limiting mold - one thing I can think is different in your case to mine or greengrocers is the presence of lots of blackberry’s,  something past mid flower towards end of august (warm and wet)  in presence of the rotting fruits being a perfect storm mold - as you say, often the croptober finishers are better off when these pressure have reduced.   

Now you mention it I did some creme mandarin in a greenhouse one year and they all turned to mush, shame as the actual flower was A+ .  Perhaps the citrus not as good as the trusty Essex golds.   

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, really is invaluable data.  Letting me know where things need improving.  

Indeed it’s always a trade off breeding both for things like resistance and quality of end product.. with these things are often being particularly hard to get in high levels in the same plant.  Can make breeding for outdoors a bit a tightrope walk,  trying to find the perfect balance of something which will come in, & fill the jar, as well as those jars being filled with something that was well worth growing.  

Wouldn't be fun if it was easy :oldtoker:

Cheers 

Ps sorry just read that back and bit of an ADHD tangent filled ramble :bag:

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

@Amarillo slim hey man. Yes indeed with the superstition. Sometimes when I press the post button I think later on about what shite i typed and ranted and let off and possible other angles it could be viewed from and interpreted as and I might even change my mind about it later on after thought but the typing and posting is already done…

sometimes things get lost in translation when it gets out from the mind and being put into the written word,

like when I mentioned hard nugs vs ‘soft’ flower. Could just be generalised speculation ‘superstition’ on my part as you often hear people say loose airy flower is better with the mould as the moisture is less likely to get trapped. So it’s not a one nug fits all kind of situation lol. In fact my Purple Freeze x UEL is pretty good on the rot and has soft fairly loose flower (harvested the last of it lastnight early hours of the morning). So God knows what is actually going on deep within the genetics to stop de rot….

But sure thing is, with careful selective breeding like you’re doing one sure can work to keep the good resistant traits and keep breeding out the crapper traits. So Carry on sir. 

I'm glad my ‘rants’ are of some value. I mean who wants a ‘yes man’ in this field if one truly desires to create something great … of course with so many variables i think it’s good to try and keep the evaluation and speculation somewhat open and balanced exploring various possibilities, rather than be quick to blame the breeder or the grower …

anyhow …. Err blackberries rotting yeah. Old @CheechChongReturns often warns of this terrible phenomenon. Cornwall. You can usually see a bit of bracken growing ha

i think you were pretty clear in the description regarding ‘bullet proof’ from what I remember reading. Mentioning air flow and what not …

im not ruling out my ‘wounding’ especially with the FWU. If I don’t ‘wound’ the FWE next year in same plot, same position then we will know for sure lol 

Glad you got someting useful out of my speel. I’m excited for your future creations. But I’m still happy to be in possession of a few more of the FWE (and even a few FWU) beans 

ah cream Mandy . Yes indeed. I didn’t like it in comparison to my trusted Acid Kush for rot resistance but yes indeed. The little bits of flower that survived the rot exceeded Acid Kush in quality. But for me was not suitable for my low maintenance/ minimal visits GG situation. Where as the Acid ticks all my boxes 

I will prob post a few more pics as I finish off with poss some dry shots

no worries about the ramble. It’s interesting 

Cheers

Edited by Erbman T
  • Like 1