New Baby Growtent

handysmoker

As mentioned, those black orchid axial flo pocket fans are false economy and in all honesty not up to the job of pulling air through a CF , you can get some really cheap 4in e.c fans on scamazon lately , I saw an agyrochy a.c infinity copy for about 50 notes with a manual controller, been eyeing it up for the drying cab if I'm honest.

Also yeah bagged Coco is definitely less hit and miss compared to bricks (I like the jiffy pro Coco in bags... When I use it)

And sorry for derailing yer thread :bag:

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@anarchycamp Yeah I clocked that too , I'm a bit of a dinosaur though and like knobs to fiddle with rather than some computery gimcrack, doubt I'd know how to work a c67 lol.

Bet they're all off of the same production line in Shenzhen..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BilgePump said:

As mentioned, those black orchid axial flo pocket fans are false economy and in all honesty not up to the job of pulling air through a CF , you can get some really cheap 4in e.c fans on scamazon lately , I saw an agyrochy a.c infinity copy for about 50 notes with a manual controller, been eyeing it up for the drying cab if I'm honest.

Also yeah bagged Coco is definitely less hit and miss compared to bricks (I like the jiffy pro Coco in bags... When I use it)

Ok there's a few different ideas here, so the black orchid fans are not much cop (it's was a 5in i order not 4in) so ill keep a close eye on that. how does the black orchid fan compare to a 5in PC fan ????

next coco will be a bag will give Jiffy a go :yinyang:

• Like 1

Thise fans aren't comparable, ones for ducts and the other just throws air with no real focus.

For a duct fan you need something capable of fully exchanging yet tents air every couple of minutes and be powerful enough to pull through a CF at the same time (too little CFM and the air will sneak around the carbon in yer filter, especially cheap ones)

A pc fan is more suited to mixing air within a small tent and that's what you'll find we use them for round ere.

Most folk are moving away from ac fans and upgrading to ec fans as they're quieter and more efficient for their extraction set up

• Like 3

Finally, got my grow tent delivered and set up, building the tent was easy however installing the equipment was a pain in the back, 5'11 (1.8 m) bloke working in a 4'5 (1.35 m) tent

large.642537c92f030_Lightfan.jpg

Installing the carbon filter was not easy due to small space. The fan pulling in cool air is there to cool the LED driver.

large.642537cb9212e_coolairduct.jpg

Duct is pulling air from outside.

large.642537cad92a2_LEDLight25.jpg

Room for 3 Plants ? May be taking 1 pot away to replace with floor fan. Light on 25%

large.642537ca048a9_LED100.jpg

Nice and shiny, light on 100%

Now just waiting on the most important component, the seeds :cowboy:

• Like 3

On 25/03/2023 at 11:21 PM, anarchycamp said:

@BilgePump 100%.

Dont usually say go for copies, but OP should get one bought! 80 with manual dimmer/120 with 67? controller 

That's what I payed for an actual S4 and C67 about 18 months ago ??? 

Edited by MindSoup

@handysmoker you'll want your intake and extraction on opposite ends of the tent, in winter it's better to have extraction at the bottom and Intake at the top to help keep the warmth in. In summer it's the other way round for obvious reasons. 

Also if it's a budget tent it's probably not very light proof (I know mine isn't, and TBH some expensive ones aren't much better) so a blackout curtains or 2 draped over it might be in order, light leaks = all kinds of problems. 

If you want to save a bit of space you can push your air through the filter which makes it possible to mount it outside the tent, it's not ideal though, it can cause premature failure and has a higher risk of leaking smell. I prefer to use this little hack. 

As people have said that fan will likely be pants, but it will get you through the seedling stage, start saving for something a bit better like an AC Infinity S4 (don't be tempted by the t4, the included controller isn't designed for grow space management). If budget is an issue and sound levels aren't then you can go for an AC fan like the "Blauberg TURBO-E Mixed Flow Inline Fan - 100mm" which you could run off a wac1 controller (optional but very handy to have) , they're noisy and use a bit more power but they're more than capable to getting the job done. You can quiet the fan by wrapping a duvet round it our mounting it in a box full of foam, it's a bit more ghetto but many thousand of tonnes of top shelf bud have been grown using that kind of setup. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MindSoup said:

Also if it's a budget tent it's probably not very light proof (I know mine isn't, and TBH some expensive ones aren't much better) so a blackout curtains or 2 draped over it might be in order, light leaks = all kinds of problems. 

I'm very lucky that me storage cupboard where the tent is placed is pitch black when the door is closed.

3 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

If you want to save a bit of space you can push your air through the filter which makes it possible to mount it outside the tent, it's not ideal though, it can cause premature failure and has a higher risk of leaking smell. I prefer to use this little hack. 

So you're saying put the carbon filter outside the (on top of the tent) and reverse the airflow ?

I've already started looking at new fans for the CF, looking at EC fans. Think I will us old PC fans at the bottom of tent.

:cowboy:

Happy days on the cupboard. 

Yeah mate just stick the filter on the exhaust side of the of the fan and blow through it, you can then mount the whole lot outside the tent with the lip of the intake side of the fan poking into the tent, that will give you a bit more headroom. Make sure your seal is 100% air tight though as it will be under positive pressure and any leaks will be stinky air. You will also fill you fan and filter with dust and crap after a while which will cause premature failure, so keep that in mind, the diy inline option solves both the issues mentioned above. 

You could repurpose that little fan as a circulation fan or an intake fan once you've upgraded. If you want some PC style fans as well have a look for "eluteng 12v 1a" ones, they're all wired up ready to go, quiet, reliable and much more powerful than any USB powered counterpart. 

Oh yeah, another tip for getting a few more inches of headroom, grow in washing up bowls with a few drainage holes drilled into them, they're usually about half the height of the equivalent volume pot.  

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Oh yeah, another tip for getting a few more inches of headroom, grow in washing up bowls with a few drainage holes drilled into them, they're usually about half the height of the equivalent volume pot.  

Yeah, was worried about that, think I will do that, I got a bunch of PC fans I can daisy-chain them together around the tent.

I was looking at the BioBizz starter pack, what u think.

Thanks for the knowledge :gossip:

Got my 1st set of seeds, 5 Northern lights auto and 1 Banana dance (freebie)

Have started to germ 2 northern lights in the old traditional way (anyone guess what that is) before putting in propagator.

READY TO GO...... :woot:

large.64259c5cc49a3_Seeds1.jpg

:woot::woot::woot: