Gorilla Garden Bakery 23

latitude54

20 hours ago, latitude54 said:

Fast Lemon Cake final weigh in: 397g

big ups my man, the fast lemon cake is a fin favourite in my armoury now!! Solid nugs next to rot free at a lot of lats and different situations, amazing stuff!!!!

• Like 5

@Stigofthedank it’s a great smoke too!! 

Next time I fire my tent up I’m planning on trying the FLC indoors.. although being so heavily Sativa, it’ll need a lot of training. lol  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, latitude54 said:

@Stigofthedank it’s a great smoke too!! 

Next time I fire my tent up I’m planning on trying the FLC indoors.. although being so heavily Sativa, it’ll need a lot of training. lol  

I like the sound of an indoor run, see how it compares ;)

• Like 1

And just like that the season for me is done. :thumsup:

With storms and 60mph winds predicted today, I decided to chop the remaining PCP yesterday. And I’m bloody glad I did!

Firstly the wind has been so strong it’s been pulling down massive trees. Secondly, if I’d left her any longer I’d have lost the lot to rot! 

Despite daily inspections I think I lost about 1/2 the plant. She’s just so dense and leafy much of the rot was hidden deep inside the foliage and buds so I couldn’t spot it. That being said, what I have salvaged is big, sticky and rock hard! So I’m confident of a decent weigh in when she’s dry. Had the summer been better I think she’d easily reach a kilo. As things stand I reckon I’m in for 400-450g which is still an awesome result. 

That coupled with my estimated 300g from the other PCP should see me through winter nicely. lol 

Photo dump of the last few weeks is coming very soon!! 

**edit**
I said I was going to have 12 months off after this season BUT I’m really keen to see how the FLC and PCP go indoors without the crap weather, so I’ll more than likely be firing the tent up in the coming months. :naughty:

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all. I've been MIA for a little while but figured I really should get the final pics from this grow uploaded. It's a bit of a photo dump as I've been sat on the pics for so long, I can't actually remember when they were taken.

I've still got a bit of trimming left to do but both Pink Cherry Pie's combined are going to come in at around 350g. The more foliage I cut away when I chopped the big PCP, the more rot I found and coupled with not being able to get everything defoliated and hung the same day lead to even more rot creeping in. :wallbash:

With better heath and better weather I know she'd have been a monster yeild. But hey ho, that's life I guess. The buds I have salvaged are absolutey rock hard so I'm happy with that.

Thank you to @panik for running the comp, it's been great to try the new strain and discover the FLC too (she's a firm favorite of mine now) and I'll update you all on how they run indoors..

large_pcp1.jpglarge_pcp2.jpglarge_pcp3.jpglarge_pcp4.jpglarge_pcp6.jpglarge_pcp8.jpglarge_pcp7.jpg

• Like 13

Glad to see you back dude, 350g is nothing to be sniffed at. Trees are fun, but as you've discovered they're not the easiest to deal with and tend to be more prone to rot, I do miss sitting under a giant ganja tree though, those were the days.... 

• Like 4

@MindSoup think my first outdoor grow lured me into a false sense of security (absolutely no rot). But this has been a serious experience! lol 

Ive loved having the big girls in the garden but I think next summer (if the wife lets me) I’ll aim for a couple of more manageable plants. 

• Like 4

Yeah it does ruin your day when you realise a nice fat spear is rotting from the inside out, but it's good that you planted enough so that you still got a decent chunk from it all. Plants started mid-late june stay nice and manageable, average 1-2 oz a plant maybe more if you get a perfect season. So easy to move around and tuck out of the way etc, plus if you get a plant you don't enjoy smoking you're not stuck with 12oz of it lol. I remember one season having 2 giant tupperwares full of headache inducing Frisian Dew that tasted like crayons :puke:, couldn't even give it away lol

• Like 6

All of the above aside… I WILL be running the PCP and FLC in the tent in January!! :thumsup:

FLC I adore and want to get her big buds rock hard. 

• Like 3

Good diary dude and great job growing them monsters especially at your latitude big plants can be a pain in the ass but most times you also get big yields congratulations on your harvest 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Definitely keen to see how they do indoors

I’m planning on germinating in my little tent under fluorescents in mid December and hopefully the FLC will be hitting the tent in early Jan. I’m not 100% sure yet but I might use one of my big pots from the garden and try to scrog the hell out of one plant. (Obviously not the 50L pots but maybe a 20 or 30)

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 4

Final weigh in..

FLC: 379g

PCP: 346g

Super 61: 97g 

Total: 822g (29 ounces)

Thats enough to keep me going for a very long time. Although the flower I’ve harvested has actually got me really excited about running the strains indoors. 

There’s been some awesome diaries in the comp and some beautiful looking plants. So once again thank you very much to @panik for his generosity and for running the comp. 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 12