Cal Mag

Thai Stick

Cheers @ratdog

So if mine is 100.1 

With readings of 

Calcium           102 parts per million
Magnesium     1 parts per million

Then in my head I need to get the Magnesium up to 34 parts per millon as conformed by @Shumroom (nice one)

So I need to get 33parts per million of magnesium to get the 3.1 ration 

If I was growing hydroponically and 

Every bottle of mono magnesium is 7%

This equates to 7ppm per 0.1ml 

Every 1ml = 70ppm

Then I would need to add somewhere around 0.4, 0 5ml of that stuff

But if i need to concider oxgen 
7 x 0.6031 = 4.22% @ 0.1ml/l 

Then I would need 0.8ml of that product

If im not usig that product as im growing in allmix im guessing ill need epsom salts.

I wonder if ppm can be converted to grams 

If 

So, 400g of Mg would require:

400 • (120.3 + 18m) / 24.3 grams of magnesium sulfate

Could I cheat and go 

400/23.3 = 17.16 so 17.27 as in sure thats what you use to do at school 

So 17.26 of magnesium in a gram of espom salts 

So say about 1.5g of epsom salts if I need to find 33ppm of magnesium  per liter of my water.  

If it was legal you could probably start a perfect water for cannabis plants comoany and peoe like me would sign up as all this trying to work it out scientifically is hard when you dont have a clue what your talking about 

Edited by Pot of soil

The molecular weight of an atom or molecule describes the number of times it is heavier than a hydrogen atom. An Epsom salt molecule  is written MgSO4.xH20, where x is the number of water molecules attached to that salt. Just use 7. Our molecule now looks like: 

MgSO4.7H20

The molecular weights: Mg24 S32 O16 H1

From summing the above formula the MW is 246.

The % of magnesium is 24/246 x 100 = 10 approx

To make a stock solution that will add 32mg/L, add 1g of Epsom to 4L and dispense in 1ml units.

Magnesium requirements are 1ml or 2ml. If I wasn’t sure I’d use 2ml.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

A total waste of money IMHO if ya growing medium is in sync wether it's water / mud it's not needed unless ya water is in drinkable :smokin:

Also it fuks tge uptake of other much needed trace elements fact.... In fact I've seen the shite hinder a decent flower. Flourish :skin_up:

Close to 40 years growing dope I've never used the stuff it's all about reading ta plant not over killing the dope stuffing it with summit peeps ain't got a clue about :wallbash: cal mag is a money spinner IMHO not needed if ya can drink ya tap water ya good yo boot :hippy: us hippys use horse shit and a tad of TLC.   :hippy:. God bless the avarage hippy.

9 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

if ya can drink ya tap water ya good yo boot

how very scientific, you need to learn about soft water    lol what's your water make up look like then bud?

you can drink hard and soft water, but from what i have heard over the years many don't like hard water, soft is nice to drink, but it's shite for plants without adding calcium or magnesium.

i have no/zero magnesium in my water, where do you expect my plants to get it from when many feeds have fuck all calcium or magnesium?

as for reading a plant, well, that's what all this is about ;)

• Like 6

Yeah i I have to admit I wasnt sure if he had read the water report.

Because I to have have got no magnesium in me water but where as your in a soft water area mines a hard water area 

• Like 2

@Pot of soil it really pisses me off mate, some people just don't realize how fucking lucky they are with their water, they just assume they are a magnificent grower lol

• Like 5

12 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

Close to 40 years growing dope I've never used the stuff it's all about reading ta plant not over killing the dope stuffing it with summit peeps ain't got a clue about :wallbash: cal mag is a money spinner IMHO not needed if ya can drink ya tap water ya good yo boot :hippy: us hippys use horse shit and a tad of TLC.   :hippy:. God bless the avarage hippy.

Funnily enough:

Horse manure typically contains about 0.25% Mg.

lollollol

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 4