Panty Punch, Mack & Crack, Apollo Black Cherry in coco under LED

iShouldCoCo

6 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

I took these the day after I ordered an AC Infinity s4 and 69 pro to try and get my environment sorted :unsure:

I've got a 67 running an S4 and a 69 running an S8. I haven't dug too deep into the settings. I've only had a humidity trigger set during my first run.Other than turning the fan speeds up a couple of times as the plants got bigger and things got moister ...... I haven't really had to worry about my environments at all

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

Only just saw your diary.. doing nicely in here :)

Hah yes! I was worried about it all but turns out I probably didn't actually need to spend another £200 but I am still excited. I've got the manual out now

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh hello!

I am still here, the Seedstockers girls are still patiently vegging waiting for this Auto to finish... 63 days from seed to finish they say.... it's day 84 today and possibly another week to go :ermm:

I managed to get clones of all of the Seedstockers apart from Apollo Black Cherry - despite two attempts! I may have to build a bubble cloner... or try air layering!

Some observations so far...

Apollo Black Cherry - this has very interesting genetics. It's got three leaves and an extra side shoot for a start but it also looks sat leaning but is very very bushy, would be an absolute killer patio plant - very stealthy. Probably didn't need topping.

Panty Punch - the most vigour, having to train it to stop it growing into the veg light. Also the thirstiest

Mac and Crack - very tidy squat plant, very nice to look at! Satisfying that it didn't make one of the other 4 topped tips dominant unlike the other two strains.

Side note - the OGKZ has leaves about twice the size of all the others.

large.PSX_20230421_011452.jpg

Edited by iShouldCoCo
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Right then, game on!

Netted and flipped 3 days ago.

large.DSC01030-edit.jpg

Back left - Panty Punch, she's a beast. I am pretty sure she started flowering before flip! She's the biggest and most vigorous of the three Seedstockers ladies. Guest  appearnace back right from OGKZ. Front right is the very tidy looking and compact growing Mac and Crack. Front left on the Tom Cruise stand is the shorty Apollo Black Cherry with whorled phyllotaxy.

They are currently on Canna A+B 1.2 EC with regular cal/mag supplements under around 600-700 PPFD at ~40cm depending on where they are. They are in slightly too small a pot - I've never finished plants in pots this size before, but I didn't want monsters. Trouble is they're too thirsty to last lights out. I guess Auotpot or Bluemat Trompf is on the shopping list if I keep doing this.large.DSC01031-edit.jpg

Next job is a good trim downstairs. Let me know if you spot anything awry.

Tomorrow I pop the Seedstocker Auto seeds...

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

Looking good. It's going to get real busy in there. 

God yes, I don't seem to be able to resist doing multistrain grows in a teeny tent! The one after this will be from cuts of this grow. Hopefully I'll have whittled it down to two or one by then based on fondness.

17 hours ago, Shumroom said:

What’s the tray you’ve got them in and what size is it?

Atb

:yinyang:

Aha you spotted that, I was well chuffed to find that in the shed. I'll have a measure when lights are on, and try and get the not very memorable or pronounceable IKEA name for it. It's an under bed storage tub without the split lid. It fits nicely in an 80x80cm with room for a tube heater at one end, so I reckon 75x60cm or there abouts.

• Like 3

Dilling under bed storage box :yep:

It doesn’t look like IKEA sells them anymore,

but I see them on other sites.

It like it’s nice and strong.

It might be a good solution for my Secret Jardin DR150W.

Thanks very much :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Oh hello!

I've been AWOL from the PC enjoying the weather, I hope you have been too.

So things have moved on a bit since I last posted an update. I did take pics along the way but all that vegging and early flowering stage is boring so I'm not going to post them retrospectively here.

Here's the ladies tonight (just noticed the shit focus sorry!):

Top left - Panty Punch (def stretched during veg and autoflowered before 12/12 - it didn't move when flip and is waaay ahead of the others)
Top right - OGKZ - different pheno than the last one I grew out, that looked more like PP in this grow - big fat chonky spheres. Frosty. It's the only one not on a stand. Very stretchy.
Bottom right - Mac & Crack, being bullied by OGKZ for sure. This is still a tidy compact plant.

Bottom left - Apollo Black Cherry - I didn't expect this diddy lady to come to much due to the whorled phylotaxy but it's putting out the frost. No idea if it will be true to form. Very sat leaning.

large.DSC01054-edit.jpg

Keeping things fairly tidy downstairs

large.DSC01052-edit.jpg

Clones of all apart from ABC (tried several cuts, all failed to root) are doing well

large.DSC01057-edit.jpg

Overall, and I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch and all that but so far this is a breeze of a grow. I am giving it a lot of my attention and am measuring everything apart from pH, the environment is pretty stable (very stable compared to in a loft!) and really am wondering how I managed to grow anything worth inhaling when I was doing it in the land of fibreglass.

I am at the gasping stage when I open the tent.. "I grew these!"

If I start detailing everything about the grow, I'll still be on here typing tomorrow but if you want to know anything other than the raw data, ask away!

Since flip:

PPFD max 1000 (OGKZ ffs) average 800

VPD avg0.96 (now at 1.2)

Max temp 30c

Min temp 21c

Avg temp 25.c

Max humidity 66%

Min humidity 44%

Avg humidity 58% (aiming for 57% currently)

1.2 EC Canna A+B (I pushed it to 1.4 but backed off again)

Ad hoc CalMag dosing

Water temp ~20c

It's nearly time for frosty budshots!

• Like 6

I took a few phone snaps of the developing buds for you...

large.IMG_20230620_214615-edit.jpg

Apollo Black Cherry:

large.IMG_20230620_214628-edit.jpg

Mac and Crack:

large.IMG_20230620_214637-edit.jpg

OGKZ:

large.IMG_20230620_214648-edit.jpg

Panty Punch (a couple of weeks ahead of the others!):

large.IMG_20230620_214704-edit.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! The little under the canopy fan died a couple of days ago, I ordered a new chonky 8" Honeywell and while I was swapping the 6" with the new one, I noticed some yellow leaves at the top of a Panty Punch bud NOOOOOOOO

It got top heavy and was leaning against something so a combination of that and the lack of fan probably provided the perfect micro environment for botrytis. I cut that bud off and also took a few others that looked a bit to close to other stuff. I also have the intake duct sat on top of a dehumidifier exhaust so 45% RH going in. I've reduced the humidity trigger to 55% so the extraction has picked up. There's also a very decent breeze going. I am going to keep a VERY close eye on the Panty Punch buds as I switch to flushing and intend to try and reduce the RH even more as the other three start to fatten up.

Trichs on the Panty Punch are mostly cloudy but very few ambers on flowers. Rather racy than composted though.

• Like 3

Fuuuuucks sake :( I'd chop the panty punch now and get it out of there.. I took mine with no ambers and it still sends me off to kip. Looks like the same pheno anyway!

Great shot of the buds though, hopefully you get away with it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

Fuuuuucks sake :( I'd chop the panty punch now and get it out of there.. I took mine with no ambers and it still sends me off to kip. Looks like the same pheno anyway!

Great shot of the buds though, hopefully you get away with it

I know right! I really thought I'd manage to avoid the rot this time around but it seems that's something I really need to work on. Multistrain with different canopies is a PITA to manage also with different plants needing different lighting due to different stretch, bud density, stronger/weaker nutes and at different stages of flowering... the main PITA is the net not supporting the heavier buds! Next grow eh... I want to run a clone or two of this grow but only one cultivar with an nice even canopy....

Oh! I shall go check out your PP grow right away.. .thanks for dropping by marra

• Like 3

Man that is a nightmare.. I know what you mean about the multistrain grows.. i'm at a point where I want to grow as many strains as possible to find keepers, but what a ballache! Something I did with the air movement issue is to buy two USB pc fans that are daisy chained (the ac infinity ones, or is it eluteng you use @MindSoup?).. you can suspend them in the canopy for some gentle air movement :)

We'll get an even canopy one day marra ;) nice to touch base with you

• Like 1