Tent Size

Caly

1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Was thinking more about you having to take it down if a tradesperson needed access.If your house is well insulated you could use bathroom paint on the ceiling.

Can't wait to see the finished space.

I grow in a log cabin that used to be a sound proof studio, it’s insulated reasonably well enough for a shed but creating another layer or shell inside will help massively 

Nice.

I'd use this if I were you

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Knauf-Moisture-Panel-Tapered-Edge---12-5mm-x-1-2m-x-2-4m/p/190540

with

(cheap) https://www.wickes.co.uk/search?text=Kay+Metzeler+General+Purpose+Polystyrene+EPS70

or (depends on size of your stud wood)

https://www.wickes.co.uk/search?text=kingspan

If you're buying online then I'd guess Wickes is about the cheapest,used to be.

• Like 1

I'd get the moisture board plasterboard for inside,cheap for outside and then insulate the cavity,can insulate with the rolled stuff or one of the above.Whatever you go for,you're still going to be saving a fortune compared to buying a big tent.

I'd seriously think about raising the floor if it were me & stick tube heaters underneath.

• Like 2

foil back board could be a good option if it’s cheaper than moister board + no spends on reflective material internally? 

just a thought.. :stoned: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2023 at 11:47 PM, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

I'd get the moisture board plasterboard for inside,cheap for outside and then insulate the cavity

Hi mate, how thick should I make the cavity as a minimum? For example 10x sheets of 50mm kingspan will be £520

On 02/02/2023 at 11:47 PM, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

I'd get the moisture board plasterboard for inside,cheap for outside and then insulate the cavity

Hi mate, how thick should I make the cavity as a minimum? For example 10x sheets of 50mm kingspan will be £520 (that’s how many sheets I need)

47 minutes ago, Caly said:

Hi mate, how thick should I make the cavity as a minimum? For example 10x sheets of 50mm kingspan will be £520 (that’s how many sheets I need)

Ok mate I just building my veg room again all I have done is put up 2 by 2 stud work then stapled reflected mylar on the inside and outside mainly because it's in the flower room as well and done the joins in reflective tape  then in flower room screwed some tung and grove to walls and stapled the reflective mylar to it it will cost you less than what your paying for just the kingsspan the wood 2 by 2 is about £3 a length from b and q and for a massive roll of mylar it was about £250 I think there is more cheaper stuff and more expensive I bought a roll of white orca stuff that's not cheap can't remember the name of the stuff but I have a look if you need it mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caly said:

Hi mate, how thick should I make the cavity as a minimum? For example 10x sheets of 50mm kingspan will be £520

It depends what you going to fill the cavity with usealy the thickness of cavity will be the thickness of wood you make your stud work out of like 2 by 2 or 3 by 2 lengths of wood mate

• Like 1

If you building inside a log cabin which I would assume would be pretty warm and insulated already al you need to do is separate it into individual boxes if your temps and humidity are right now then you don't need to reinsulate mate

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Baron von greenback said:

If you building inside a log cabin which I would assume would be pretty warm and insulated already al you need to do is separate it into individual boxes if your temps and humidity are right now then you don't need to reinsulate mate

To be honest I would like to insulte the box inside the cabin, it does lose heat quickly because I had a tent in there before plus I'm going LED so need to trap that heat in if I can.

5 minutes ago, Caly said:

To be honest I would like to insulte the box inside the cabin, it does lose heat quickly because I had a tent in there before plus I'm going LED so need to trap that heat in if I can.

Ye mate you need some heaters as well if you going down that route in the cavity you might as well put loft insulation in it make your stud work out off 3 by 2inch wood also look into underfloor heating I don't think them do it yourself pre rooled stuff is that expensive if you going to buy them tube heaters and put them in floor any help you need just txt me mate 

• Like 2

+1 for 3ft tube heaters. They seem a cost effective way to heat a small grow. Invest in an Inkbird. Forget convection heaters they're history (£££).

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 10:16 PM, Caly said:

50mm is plenty but kingspan is the most expensive option mate.If you used polystyrene you could get 10 for £260 or if you made the cavity 25mm you can get 10 poly for £134.

• Like 1