Tent Size

Caly

Hi All,

I've been looking for a new tent, I want a bigger one that is 1.8 or 2m x 2.4 x 2m, I can't seem to find any of that diamenion, are tents actually made to that spec at all?

Thanks

There's a few at 2x2x2/2.4, @Ledgrowlights-Adam has the Homebox but the bigger ones are all 2.2m height.

If I had that space I'd be building my own shell and using insulated plasterboard,you could put it together in a way that taking it down & putting it back up would be easier than a large tent (1 man job).Normal plasterboard would be a lot cheaper but if you look for insulated make sure you check a place called materialsmarket,it's much cheaper that in wickes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

If I had that space I'd be building my own shell and using insulated plasterboard

Is there anymore info on this? Sounds interesting.

@Caly It's easy to do mate,use stud work timber for your frames,could split each into 2 or 4 sections for ease of storage and then fix the choice of plasterboard to it.I would check and double check before cutting and then you could have all your holes pre cut.I'd then just white wash them as it's cheapest or line the inside.

All you need to do it (off the top of my dead)

Stud work timber (comes in 2.4 or 3m lengths) enough for from,sides,support & floor if you go for a raised one)

Plasterboard of choice (normal stuff with some of the rolled insulation in would be cheapest)

Hinges for doors

Quality screws

Heavy-duty Angle Brackets

And tools,,tape,jigsaw,drill & level.

I'll price it up when I've finished putting my cuttings in but it's not a hard job.Lots of members have done their own.

Will be doing the same when my tent finally gives up the ghost.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

'll price it up when I've finished putting my cuttings in but it's not a hard job.Lots of members have done their own.

Mate if you could that would be amazing 

@Caly not forgot,just busy atm.

Are you able to use one or two (back,1 side) of the walls in the space ?

That would cut the wood and plaster board needed by half straight off the bat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Are you able to use one or two (back,1 side) of the walls in the space ?

I'm going to use 3/4 of the room to make a square so it will run from one wall to where the door is, this will make a box, so it will have a back and 2 sides and I'll build a partition wall to make the front. I was thinking to stud around the box and then attach the insulated plasterboard all the way round to line the box and make the front wall and also use the rolled insulation inbetwen the gap that the stud timber would make when attached to the walls...

What thickness insulated platerboard would you recommend?

If you're going to use the rolls then you won't need the insulated stuff mate,you could use the moisture (inside) or vapour panels,even getting those would save a fortune compared to the insulated stuff.

Thickness would depend on what you wanted to hang off it,but you can pretty much hang anything off 12.5mm,you'll also be able to hang the heavy shit off the studding.I'd defintely be getting it from that materials market,the same moisture panel plasterboard from Wickes is £26.50

https://materialsmarket.com/products/12-5mm-knauf-moisture-panel-tapered-edge-plasterboard-2400mm-x-1200mm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Thickness would depend on what you wanted to hang off it,but you can pretty much hang anything off 12.5mm

Thanks mate, so its the stud plus the 12.5m would be the total thinkness of the wall :)

Yeah if you're only lining the inside,you don't even need the thicker timber if you're not putting a roof on it.

You going to do it in 2 sections or 4 (to be able to get it out the room) and how you thinking about fixing it to the existing structure ?

• Like 1

Just a heads up,once you've priced it up on the materials market don't forget to add the delivery on top,then go and price the same up on Wickes as they have free delivery over £85,the other site whilst cheaper probably won't be for you as you'll not be bulk buying.

That's probably the reason why I didn't get my last lot of wood from them,knew I had got the cheapest online but had me puzzled why that was Wickes and not the other place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Yeah if you're only lining the inside,you don't even need the thicker timber if you're not putting a roof on it.

You going to do it in 2 sections or 4 (to be able to get it out the room) and how you thinking about fixing it to the existing structure ?

It won’t be move able, I’m pretty much just lining 3/4 of the existing room and ceiling to make it more insulated and more efficient at holding heat for when I’m using LEDs 

Was thinking more about you having to take it down if a tradesperson needed access.If your house is well insulated you could use bathroom paint on the ceiling.

Can't wait to see the finished space.

• Like 1