Outdoor 2023 planning.

latitude54

I've been I've been online browsing seed banks recently and have decided what's going in the garden about 3 times in the past week and cant remember any of it! So I'm creating this post as a kind of running document to remind myself what my thoughts / plans are at any given moment. Feel free to join in the madness with any thoughts, tips, or general comments. lol 

Photoperiods

My thoughts are to start in the tent in early April then plant out at the end of April, hopefully ending up with 4-5 good sized photos by the end of summer. I've got an absolute stack of freebies from past seed orders, so I'm going to try and use a few of those in coming grows. Freebies are marked with an asterix.

1. Critical Sour Diesel - Emerald triangle Seeds*
  2. Fast Lemon Drizzle - RGSC
  3. Fast Lemon Drizzle - RGSC
  4. Strawberry Glue - TH Seeds 
  5. Strawberry Glue - TH Seeds

Autos

My thoughts on the auto's side of things was initially to go for 2 crops. However, I think I may have my work cut out come October with the Photos so I've reassessed my options here and am going to aim for a mid summer harvest. Again I'll start these in the tent early April with the aim of getting them the garden around early May and harvest mid July. I don't have a number in my head for these but I think 5-6 would be good.

1. Cream Mandarine - Sweet Seeds
  2. Cream Mandarine - Sweet Seeds
  3. Sweet Cheese - Sweet Seeds
  4. Sweet Cheese - Sweet Seeds
  5. TBC - open to ideas
  6. TBC - open to ideas

I may need a bigger greenhouse  lol 

• Like 5

I might drop to one Fast Lemon Drizzle and add a Blue Dream (BlimBurn Seeds) * 

Thoughts?

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 1

Is there a certain reason you want 2 of each photo .

Last year I doubled up and regretted it .

This year I'm growing single strains for maximum variety.

@B-real Doubling up is more of a cost saving exercise than Anything else. Plus if I kill one (which I’m likely to do) I’ve got one left. lol 

I know what you mean though. In an ideal world I’d have 2 plants of 10 varieties just in case. But sadly the wife would probably divorce me if I did that. 

Come late March, the list will be probably be very different 

• Like 2

I would be tempted to go singles and have a wider variation like B says ,   hedge your bets and if the doubles all romp home thats a lot of the same product to be getting through ,  you might get bored lol       Both the Lemon and Strawberry came up fairly big but no dramas.   

• Like 3

If you want to run two of a single strain, just plant one seed, top the girl once she's at 5 true nodes, root the cut and plant out in the summer.

That's my plan, and I will soon have seeds coming out my ears! :) 

• Like 4

Photos:

1. Critical Sour Diesel - Emerald triangle Seeds*
  3. Blue Dream - BlimBurn Seeds*
  5. TBC

The photos are starting to look very heavy on the Sativa side of things. :disguise:

Autos:

4. TBC - open to ideas
  5. TBC - open to ideas
  6. TBC - open to ideas

I’m keeping 2 Cream Mandy!! lol  

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, latitude54 said:

@Crow River that’s a fucking good idea!! 

You're welcome. :D

Only issue with clones is the lack of tap root. So may need more watering in dry weather, and a stake to support in gusts of wind.

(In a greenhouse, less of an issue depending on how you ventilate the space).

Edited by Crow River

@latitude54     Fair play on the mandys :yep:       Im sure it wont be too hard to find something to offset the sativa majority :yep:

• Like 1

Who the hell am I trying to kid?? We all know that when my seeds get delivered, I WILL NOT be popping just one or two. lol  

My bloody garden is going to look like that scene from The Beach when Leonardo de whats his face ran though mile after mile of pot. lol 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, OldFord said:

@latitude54     Fair play on the mandys :yep:       

my favourite!! And it’s all your fault. :skin_up:

if I’m honest, I’d be completely satisfied with 10-12 Cream Mandy’s filling the garden 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, latitude54 said:

my favourite!! And it’s all your fault. :skin_up:

if I’m honest, I’d be completely satisfied with 10-12 Cream Mandy’s filling the garden 

Guilty as charged but happily guilty lol     It is rather nice !      If it was just for my smoking pleasure then i would & could happily do it and be very happy with it     :yep:     

Sadly its not just for me and i need a broad spectrum for the meds & with numerous of us old gits all in the same boat we all tend to do various to add to the mixes , some do indoor / some outdoor / some do both but it works and we all get what we need :george:

Hoping the SeedStockers Auto Mandarin Panties is similar  a few months will tell mate

• Like 2

On 25/01/2023 at 5:55 PM, latitude54 said:

Photos:

5. TBC

The photos are starting to look very heavy on the Sativa side of things. :disguise:

Autos:

4. TBC - open to ideas
  5. TBC - open to ideas
  6. TBC - open to ideas

I’m keeping 2 Cream Mandy!! lol  

Going for Cream Mandarine myself among others. I've still got a few grams left from last season, and it's a wonderful bit of bud :)

• Like 1

There's a few things going on at home that have made me a little paranoid about planting out a large number of plants so I've decided it's a good idea to reign it in a little this summer. 

Photos:

Autos:

• Like 3