Victoria Q

Just now, Victoria Q said:

How do you decarb?

this is why your previous attempts didn't work, you didn't do this?

you need to stick it in the oven at about 120-140oC for half an hour, don't trust your oven stat as it may burn off the thc, i used an oven bag

• Like 1

Yes I've been decarbing. I'm wondering if it's my oven temperature and I need to use a thermometer perhaps 

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

This is what I do and the result is usually pretty potent with extra yawns lol 

I however just throw it in my slow cooker with a couple of jars of coconut oil on high for a few hrs then low for up to 8 hrs. Strain through a Muslin or at worst a T shirt lol 

Edited by lildaveham
MUSLIN
  • Like 5

i suggest you stop firing random confusing questions and read a lot.

start with anything and everything that @Graywolf has written on the subject ie; https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/9-diy-cannamed-production/9-4-extraction/9-4-8-isopropyl-extraction/9-4-8-1-qwiso/

then you will be much less confused and we can answer specific questions.

• Like 2

I don't know what's random and confusing about my question. I just wanted to know if anyone knew a tincture recipe that worked. 

There's no need to be condescending. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't bother with a tincture, especially if you don't usually drink alcohol - it just seems to be adding unnecessary bad ingredients to what could be a really simple recipe.

I take 2000mg a day which is a bonkers amount really but I have it spare and it does me a lot of good. I use my own food grade hash, pressed into rosin and then decarbed then dosed into capsules.

If I were to make a simple oil for eating, I would take the dry flower, wash it with isopropyl alcohol for about 10 mins, then boil off the alcohol in a rice cooker then decarboxylate the remaining oil in an oven, (or I use a magnetic stirrer). Add half coconut oil, and a drop of sunflower lecithin to help absorption and while the oil is still hot syringe it up and dose into empty capsules of your choice. I use 000 size but I think size 5 is the smallest.

Takes me about 2 hours to feel anything but I don't get much effect anymore as I've been eating this amount daily for years, it just keeps my blood pressure down and keeps me mellow.

Good luck.

• Like 1

@Victoria Q hello and welcome. As others have said you need to read alot then read some more, theres a wealth of information on here, it can be daunting at first but it is worth persevering.  I use a Mighty vape daily, I clean the cooling unit with iso roughly every 2weeks,  then I evaporate the iso scrape up the residue then decarb in oven leaving me with roughly a gramme of oil which I put in capsules. I've just tried doing an iso wash with my AVB for the first time and result is very pleasing, another nice sized blob of what I call 'fuck my shit up' oil. Also I don't think anyone has been condescending to you it's just differing opinions stated in different ways don't always come across as they're meant. Hopefully you'll find the recipe you're after. Giggle search it with uk420 at end of search and it should give you more specific answers 

:bong:

• Like 1

If you got a bit of cash spare then get a Magic Butter Machine or something like it, there are other brands. 

Decarb your weed in the oven at 120c for 30 mins (make sure the oven is preheated) 4 or 8 hours in the MBM and you've got some very potent tincture. There are other ways I've seen online which involve freezing it but for ease of use a botanical extractor makes it really easy and consistent.

• Like 3