Victoria Q

Hello

I'd really like to make a potent THC tincture. I currently use a dry herb vaporizer but want to give my lungs a rest!

I've tried a few different tincture recipes but so far none of them have worked! There are various ways to make it and I'm wasting precious greenery!

Does anyone know a tried and tested recipe?

Thanks so much!

Victoria Q

I use MCT ,  i can drop it in just about anything i want and its very low on the taste scale. 

I drop it in my cuppa,  on my dins , under the tongue ,  relatively easy to make and stores well.   

Im an amatuer at making it but theres not a lot to it and theres way maore experienced makers on here than me to assist :george:

You can blend strains or go single  ,  just make your mix until your happy.    

• Like 6

Liquid essences for the food grade ethanol. Giving your lungs a break from dry herb vape? How much are you vaping? Anyway, with food grade ethanol you just evaporate until it's barely a liquid et voila, green dragon. Hammer you liver instead. Other option is to evaporate all the ethanol, leaving behind just the canna oil, perfect for eating. :yep:

• Like 3

Thanks! I vape every day. I want a tincture because it supposedly works quicker than edibles. And it's discreet. I've got 88% proof vodka. Would that work? I don't even drink but guessing a little bit in a dropper can't hurt. 

Could you tell me a step by step guide at all please? Some recipes say keep in a jar for six weeks, some say to freeze it, heat it up.. etc ! 

Thanks so much! 

Edited by Victoria Q

MCT stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides.

That basically means it's a fatty acid which is liquid at room temperature(even during colder months).

It's derived from coconut oil,

the one that's solid at room temperature :) 

Using high proof alcohol is extremely dangerous unless you take all safety measures possible.

Some people think that alcohol is safer than say Butane gas,

not true,

both are equally dangerous if handled incorrectly,

their vapour is invisible and highly flammable,

in the wrong conditions it can be explosive.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 7

I think that's all a bit too pro for me but thanks! I just want a tried and tested recipe for thc tincture that works. Hopefully someone out that can enlighten me lol! Thanks for your help 

• Like 1

That's why I gave a response with details about MCT and alcohol. 

MCT is perfectly safe to work with,

without any safety issues :)

Atb 

• Like 5

Victoria. If you use MCT 8 oil, as per Shumroom, you will improve the absorption and speed. It's around about 15 quid for 300ml.

• Like 3

Tinctures don't work fast taken sublingually, it's mostly in the liver. Might as well make edibles as it takes over an hour. 

Other than that, maybe try vaping less? If most of the tincture is processed by the liver anyway so you might as well make edibles using oil in a slow cooker, zero risk of explosion if you use a slow cooker. 

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 1

i have made tinctures using the magic butter machine, made a decent one first time, took 10ml, and it fucked me right up, way too much for me tbh, i've fine-tuned my dosage now lol  

it takes about half an hour to start coming on nicely ime

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

i have made tinctures using the magic butter machine, made a decent one first time, took 10ml, and it fucked me right up, way too much for me tbh, i've fine-tuned my dosage now lol  

it takes about half an hour to start coming on nicely ime

@Victoria Q

Hi and welcome to the site, if you want to mention a member In a reply rather than quoting please use the @ followed by the members name then click it. Multiple quotes in threads and posts makes for a messy user experience having to scroll through lots of pages. 

I hope this helps and you find the answers you are looking for here. 

cheers,

Edited by lildaveham
Spelling

Hi! I've just been looking up the magical butter machine.! I think it's the way to go. How do you decarb? Thanks so much! 

Just now, Victoria Q said:

Hi! I've just been looking up the magical butter machine.! I think it's the way to go. How do you decarb? Thanks so much!