Next Generation Timewarp

MindSoup

I'm not gonna beat around the Bush, I know RGS hold some banker strains and lovely flavors but the freeze warp were utter shite haha. Mold fest and crap smoke from what I did get. Panik said they were experimental, just the way it goes sometimes

• Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, MindSoup said:

anyone has grown it out and if they rated it at all? 

Used it to make some of my first hybrids about 14 years back.  Good but can rot in later stages.  

The trouble with most TW seed available imo is that the clone is really not suited to backcrossing, its notoriously not a great 'breeder' as a plant and backcrossing with regular seed gives very little room for selection to tweak things like mold resistance (the clone isn't massively resistant).  

What I'm doing is pure inbreeding from the clone with no external genetic material, backcrossing or males involved.  A different kettle of fish.  

what version of timewarp that cross was made from

The pollen donor used in that cross was the main individual I selected from the S1s, S2 of this plant was a very good representation of the clone, confirming it was a good choice.  I was gonna make a bunch of S3 from this and put out into the world, but things changed.  

I made a bunch of different pairings with the S1s I had, still yet to go through all of them properly.  But there are a couple which stood out / have been a focus since. 

'Rubberwarp' is a result of the main pollen donor with a heavy afghanica outlier from the same S1s.  Some very nice plants resulted from that initial pairing, ultra dense indoor type flower. Naturally I selfed the best, and its an early and hardy individual from these which I selected last year that is the mother to the RW x MWF seed which is soon to be in the store here.  

Then there is 'Broadwarp' which has resulted from selfing another afghanica expression from the S1s.  Currently making S4s.  

Any input on Next Gen as a whole would be fun

Only negative would be some germination issues years back, but I think was probably more old stock sitting around in seed bank than anything else. If this is fresh stock I'm sure will be fine.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

Nice mate, well that cross was brilliant, they had a late start in basically unamended soil and still managing to survive and produce some really nice bud, can't remember any rot but they finished incredibly early so the weather hadn't turned yet. I think I'll try amd get my hands on some of your new bits as well if that's where they've come from. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

still managing to survive and produce some really nice bud, can't remember any rot

The RW x MWF I tested last year was hard as nails. I left to go way overripe to test mold resistance and was basically none. 

The seeds currently ripening are made from a slightly different pairing, but I'm quietly confident that they will surpass the former in many ways.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 4:23 AM, Amarillo slim said:

large.63c274462e07d_RWxMWF.jpg

Seems I have seen that rock wall with some MWF growing in front of a while back 

Edited by bfehillbilly

1 hour ago, bfehillbilly said:

Seems I have seen that rock wall with some MWF growing in front of a while back 

Yep, 2019..  

large.DSCF2338.JPG

large.MWFs1.JPG

And 2020....

large_MWF7.JPGlarge_MWF4.JPGlarge_MWF1.JPG

Idea was to test the hybrid in the exact same location as had grown pure MWF for two seasons, to more accurately ascertain the contribution of the RW parent.  Probably stick a few of the new RW x MWF there this year, too.   

• Like 7

growing close to a stone wall is great.....the heat of the sun keeps radiating after sun set....so in bloom it keeps the plant warm and dry.....at harvest... :) 

and a white wall works great to reflect sunlight durning the day... :) double sun for plant :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bfehillbilly said:

I need some MWF in my garden :mellow:

So some news on the MWF front.  Every year from 2019 till now I've been growing out a decent sized population of the same original S1 seed and making selections, taking the plants indoors for re-veg over winter, mothered up, cloned, reversed etc to make seed, only for it to transpire that they are near sterile.  Its the main reason I haven't had seed for sale for a coupe years now.  

Anyway, if at first you don't succeed, try try again. And it seems the perseverance has finally payed off, with my selection from last year being able to produce a good seed set.  She also happens to be probably the best selection I have made from these seeds to date,  and I say that as a mercilessly meticulous perfectionistic prick.  If she was a human girl she would be 'The one', and I'm having her fucking babies :thumsup:

Long story short, her or perhaps one of her S2 daughters will most likely be featuring in some new MWF seeds for next year...  This season I will be testing a cross of her with a special MWF x ZUEL selected last year.  A backcross of sorts - 75% MWF , 25% ZUEL..  I will update more on this project as it develops, don't want to say too much now, proof is in the pudding as they say...   

And before any PMs start coming in asking if I need testers, the answer is unfortunately a NO.    

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

growing close to a stone wall is great.....the heat of the sun keeps radiating after sun set....so in bloom it keeps the plant warm and dry.....at harvest... :) 

:oldtoker:  

MWF x Zuel I need some of that in my garden also :pitchfork: smoking a fatty of your Quick Lime now awesome lime smell and taste sticky af got a good happy high if that makes sense shit I'm stoned 

Edited by bfehillbilly
  • Like 2