Next Generation Timewarp

MindSoup

Hello Chums

I did think about putting this in the strain talk section but you guys are the ones I really want to hear from on this one. 

I grew out a timewarp cross a couple seasons back that @Amarillo slim was kind enough to gift me and I still think about it to this day. It was a half arsed grow due to my shite back but the smoke was still top notch and I had to try really hard to savour it. 

I've just been emailing with Next Generation and they're saying their Timewarp will be back in stock in time for this coming season so I was wandering if anyone has grown it out and if they rated it at all? 

Slim mate do you know what version of timewarp that cross was made from (if you even remember the cross (rdxtw iirc)? I know true timewarp is clone only but even something fairly similar would be nice. It definitely brought another layer of depth to the RD. 

Any input on Next Gen as a whole would be fun TBF, they've been around donkeys years and as far as I know they have a good reputation, but I've never really given them a proper look. Some of their stuff looks banging.

Grew loads of next gen strains out in late 90's early 2000's,i am sure they had Bonkers and suchlike, a good romulan, time warp etc, company has been around 20 odd years in vansterdam as it was known, I used to buy the seeds from Marc emerys magazine, there used to be 8-10 pages of seed adverts. 

• Like 2

Yeah they're one I remember from when I was a more prolific guerilla but I never got round to trying them, I might have to give it a go because they seem like they have their hearts in the right place. 

I did spot the Romulan, thats another one I've always wanted to try, did you used to run it outdoors? 

• Like 1

Just now, Skit Rat said:

Romulan I wanted to grow this out indoors forgot till now cheers

There was another called Champagne. 

No @MindSoup, I didn't try romulan outdoors, but if you remember there were loads of romulan crosses, lots of them for outdoors by companies like JOTI and all of the Canuck seed companies that sprang up at the time. 

• Like 2

Jordan of the Islands! No way I'd completely forgotten that name.

Yeah I remember Romulan being pretty popular when I started growing (2005/6ish), didn't realise it was even still available. Might have to give it a go at some point, in fact I have been thinking about a good strain for making some RSO and it probably fits the bill quite nicely. 

Edited by MindSoup

Jordan of the island seems to have Texade on offer.... I had a cross from RGS Freezeland x Texada Timewarp. Vigor very good but the flowers molded from the inside, I had to throw the whole plant away, and there would have been easily 250g of dry stuff on it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

He started up in the 90's when emery gave everyone inspiration, quite a few seedbanks did the same. 

6 minutes ago, murzyn said:

Jordan of the island seems to have Texade on offer.... I had a cross from RGS Freezeland x Texada Timewarp. Vigor very good but the flowers molded from the inside, I had to throw the whole plant away, and there would have been easily 250g of dry stuff on it.

Grew quite a few of them, did well, the timewarp side was from a clone sourced in vancouver. 

• Like 2

What bud looks like is pretty much the last thing on my list of priorities TBH. IME it's not always a good indication of the quality of the smell/flavour or the high, it's like the high THC percentage (although that might be more of a factor for medical extraction in some cases)or total terpene content lab results. Exodus Cheese tests at  something like 16% and still destroys me for hours and from what I gather a lot of the odours it gives off are from esters (or however that's spelled). So yeah don't judge a book by its cover, I've smoked plenty of glistening "cali" buds that looked incredible but the high was bland and dropped off almost as soon as I put out my bifter, whereas you get some equatorial sativa that looks like a dogs dinner but makes you think you've been spiked with acid/speed after a little one skin :smokin:lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

@Ch@ppers

Maybe you have drier spots, more airy? To me it seems that Freezeland is susceptible to mold, I once took a lot of seeds claiming after the description , that it is the king of swamps so it will be perfect for my area.... I was wrong, every flower was infected. This year I gave it a chance again, this time spot airy, south side on the edge of the swamp, sun from morning to evening, in early September I cut a few infected flowers, in a week when I came to cut the whole plant there was a lot of mold inside, the only thing I like about it is the smell that remains after drying, the flower already looks average when it dries. I have Freezeland from Tanska Seeds, he did not mold at all, I have a dozen seeds left so I will try to propagate it to pick something interesting in the future.

• Like 1

@mindsoup 

I get what you're saying terpene file or other genetic traits that are more important than bag appeal.

I was more referring to the calyx's didn't look nice and not very big also the pistils didn't look developed maybey the pic they took was of premature weed not fully matured .

10 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

I used to buy the seeds from Marc emerys magazine, there used to be 8-10 pages of seed adverts. 

I remember those days first seeds I spent money on came from there I have a couple Bonkers seeds I am hoping germinate my favorite I got from them was from Federation I it was called Donkey Dick big skunky plants and no rot 

12 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I haven’t grown it but their Ambrosia is a lovely smoke. 
I always fancied growing next generations Grapefruit Kush.

• Like 1