Sour diesel

CHAN

Try Reserva privada,best to get few 5packs of different ones if you making mum tho only RP crossed my mind,their sour kush was mental so obviously they hold good sour genetics.

Rest I'd look into American seed banks,I never tried but was reading that there is good stuff there as well

I haven't knowingly smoked sour diesel but wanted to try it and fwiw I narrowed it down to karma genetics.

I think it's mainly regs but he's got a few different crosses and bx's using rez's original sour work, I think.

I managed to grab some of his sour bx2s and I've got 3 in flower now, although this is by no means a decent representation of these genetics as i haven't kept on top of them but here's a couple shots at 7 weeks...having not smoked sour I can't say for certain but they definitely stink of diesel/fuel/gas.

large.63ac8369a74b0_IMG_20221227_1845225952_lsJzATUg9o.jpeglarge.63ac8367ad52d_IMG_20221227_1847072602_pKT96Fjr6x.jpeg

Also an Acid dawg same smell as above with abit of dawg in the background.

large.IMG_20221227_184637379_jPvdxyAT0Z.jpeg

Atb with the hunt

:thumsup:

• Like 7

The Harvestmen – Harvestmen’s Sour

Sunsimulators cut which is verified eastcoastsourd x og kush

If you want fems^

Regs I would go lady satuva genetics odv sour

Which is jah hoovers orange d v3 x original diesel(otherwise known as daywrecker or headband)

I have spent far too many hours/days down the sour rabbit hole!!

• Like 3

I've got some Emerald Triangle Legacy Royal Kush X to put a male on RGS's Sour D fems potentially. I remembered a piece by one of its discoverers:

Many of the strains in today's marketplace are poly-hybridized and only exist in clone form. The Sour or New York Diesel is a perfect example, many breeders (myself included) have so loved the Diesel that they have tried to re-create it in seed form. The literature out there would have you believe that you can take any clone and "cube" it, that is take a clone and cross it with a male of similar taxonomy and then back-cross to the mother a couple times and voila, you have a population of seeds that are just like the mother. I am afraid it is not that simple, an IBL like northern lights which has true breeding dominant traits will probably cube easily, and in 3 or 4 generations most of the progeny will show all of the traits of the parent strain, however a highly recessive poly-hybrid strain like the Sour Diesel (13 different distinct traits) has a 1 in 64,000 chance of getting the allele alignment or "linkage" to occur for all of the traits to be expressed. If you have ever grown the true Sour/New York Diesel, and those who have know, it only comes from clone.  Ras Truth

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

I haven't knowingly smoked sour diesel but wanted to try it and fwiw I narrowed it down to karma genetics.

I think it's mainly regs but he's got a few different crosses and bx's using rez's original sour work, I think.

I managed to grab some of his sour bx2s and I've got 3 in flower now, although this is by no means a decent representation of these genetics as i haven't kept on top of them but here's a couple shots at 7 weeks...having not smoked sour I can't say for certain but they definitely stink of diesel/fuel/gas.

large.63ac8369a74b0_IMG_20221227_1845225952_lsJzATUg9o.jpeglarge.63ac8367ad52d_IMG_20221227_1847072602_pKT96Fjr6x.jpeg

Also an Acid dawg same smell as above with abit of dawg in the background.

large.IMG_20221227_184637379_jPvdxyAT0Z.jpeg

Atb with the hunt

:thumsup:

Certainly looks the part. You’ll have to let us know how she ends up. 

• Like 1

Chemdawg/Chemdog, Sour Diesel, NYCD and Royal Kush are sources of the original diesel AFAIK. I have an Emerald Triangle collective diesel  history article somewhere. Will post it here when I find it. Apparently, you'll need top drawer odour suppression if you find the real thing. :) 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Ye hopefully they come out half decent this run but I think it'll take a few to get her to shine properly.

They're definitely fussy, like I've read. Saying that they are 1 of 6 strains on the same feed so it's to be expected lol 

I'll try remember to post a smoke report :thumsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaggy1 said:

Ye hopefully they come out half decent this run but I think it'll take a few to get her to shine properly.

They're definitely fussy, like I've read. Saying that they are 1 of 6 strains on the same feed so it's to be expected lol 

I'll try remember to post a smoke report :thumsup:

If you find a nice pheno , it probably will be some of the tastiest bud you’ve ever smoked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

The Harvestmen – Harvestmen’s Sour

Sunsimulators cut which is verified eastcoastsourd x og kush

If you want fems^

Regs I would go lady satuva genetics odv sour

Which is jah hoovers orange d v3 x original diesel(otherwise known as daywrecker or headband)

I have spent far too many hours/days down the sour rabbit hole!!

Jah hoovers gear was absolute fire. He had an orange diesel male which what ever he put the pollen too , turned to gold. He put it on the amnesia hypro clone and made one of the best hazes I’ve ever seen. His original batch of odv3 was also unreal and he used that male again to create his own diesel strain with London City diesel. Those strains were next level tasting. not sure what he used with his newer gear , the taste just wasn’t there with his newer strains.

• Like 2

large.20210919_233629_1024x1365.jpglarge.20211002_231049_1024x1365.jpglarge.20210926_134057_1024x1365.jpglarge.20210924_230723_1024x1365.jpglarge.20210919_232116_1280x960_1024x768.jpg

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I haven't grown them but if I was gonna,

i'd be looking through these:

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product/bcn-sour-diesel/

So far my limited experience with RGS has been very positive.

Good luck finding what you're after :skin_up:

Atb

:yinyang:

I wouldnt have a clue!

Edited by Phoenix
Pic.
  • Like 1

Solid and reliable but its a f.v. so has ruderalis genes and will be no mother.

Is it holy grail stuff, nope, is it bulletproof reliable, lovely, strong good genetics. Yes. Has never let me down.  I dont think ive ever had a seed not germ off @panik

I got a 25 pack of the fast diesel and it worked out, hands down probably my best bang for buck from any seed breeder/retailer.  Every plant has popped. And done fine duty.

• Like 3

HSO had the best sour deisel i grew, but they are few and far between.

if you find a pack of amherst sour deisel, grow them out. 

it stinks of fuelly gas iit was too much for me, the smell of them, it was honestly like sticking my hooter in a deisel tank.

potent too.

• Like 4

Karma hasnt long dropped some sourD bx' at various banks,  not sure if theres any left,  his version is highly sought after.

:yinyang:

• Like 2