Biobizz coco original mix

Shed-Grower

and another thing that I forgot to mention is to rinse the pots through after u have buffered them

what I do is sit the fabric pot in the bath, under the tap and run water thru' for about 90 seconds

that washes all the calmag 2.0EC out and down to a more useable EC for ur seedlings. of course, the calmag effect on the coco, the reason u have done the buffering in the 1st place, is still intact 

edit- if u have an EC pen, look to have an EC of ur tap water + 0.4 max, as a guide, [the EC of the coco after u have washed it]

at that point u can run some nutes through to give ur seedlings/cuttings a start

mystic

Edited by mysticriver

Just chucking my 2p in aswel cus why not...

I've tried buffering and not, although this was when I first started out in Coco and I actually buffered with a small amount of feed, rather than a big amount and then fed like Normal.

After a couple times doing it I came to the conclusion that you don't need to do it and the ill effects I witnessed that I thoug

ht was due to deficiencies was mainly down to my poor watering and feeding practices and once I got the hang of Coco it sorted itself out, took a while though lol

I think there's abit of over thinking going on here  in regards to all this buffering and faffing around. Use cal/mag if it's needed and then just chuck your base feed in, voilà. If you get decent Coco out of a bag you should have no problem, I stuck to Canna Coco but I'd imagine if you've got Coco blocks you'd need to pre buffer.

I say all this with hard water, 0.7 ish, loads of cal, no mg so opposite of the OP but still, it's weed man, it'll grow.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I only got in to buffering because I’ve started using dry bricks. I’d heard of ecothrive giving folk myther so thought it might have been a thing. As @Shaggy1 said and I’d said at the start. Just buy the canna stuff. Never had a bother and despite my relative newness to coco I’ve gone through a fair few bags. A penny saved is a penny earned though so I just wash n buffer it me sen.

• Like 1