Biobizz coco original mix

Shed-Grower

40 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

What’s your water like? Have you checked the repot from yer local water board n that? It should tell you how much calcium and magnesium is in yer tap water. 

Hiya mate thanks for your advice. My report says:

Magnesium is saying <1.26 ųg mn/l 
Calcium is 10.8 mg ca/l

I have no idea what that means!

I'm just going to soak some coco in the solution over night and then again tomorrow morning for another 8 hours. Once that's done, I'll make a week mix of coco A&B with a bit of rhiz and then water the pots til run off before putting the seeds in. Hopefully they'll have enough of a root on them so I can do it tomorrow 

• Like 1

It reads to me as cal:mag = 10:1. But I’m a fick cunt so, aye, fuck it, forget i mentioned it. But maybe @Oldbear could help you out on that front. 

Sounds like a plan there owd lad. Good luck :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shed-Grower said:

Magnesium is saying <1.26 ųg mn/l 

mn = manganese which is why the number is so tiny, it's in micrograms not milligrams.

Magnesium = mg so see if you can find that, for some reason not all water companies list it though.

• Like 2

Just now, latigid aikon said:
mn = manganese which is why the number is so tiny, it's in micrograms not milligrams.

Magnesium = mg so see if you can find that, for some reason not all water companies list it though.

Yeh your right I've given the reading for magnese instead of magnesium

The actual levels are:

Magnesium 1.76 mg mg/l 
Calcium 10.8 mg ca/l

• Like 1

I could get water from my dads. A few 20l buckets a week should do the trick! 

His cal/mag readings are:

Cal 16.9

Mag 3.12

Not ideal but whould save me some money on supplements I recon! I wonder what levels are required so you don't have to supplement at all..?

2 hours ago, Shed-Grower said:

I could get water from my dads. A few 20l buckets a week should do the trick! 

His cal/mag readings are:

Cal 16.9

Mag 3.12

Not ideal but whould save me some money on supplements I recon! I wonder what levels are required so you don't have to supplement at all..?

You ideally want 3:1 ratio, yours above is 5:1 ish. A soft water nute should sort you out. Speak to the guys at Growers Ark

:yinyang:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shed-Grower said:

solution over night

hi mate, yes soak it in a 2.0EC, ~6.0pH calmag solution overnight

I used to do the 2 X 8hrs but next time im gonna do just overnight for about 10-12 hrs, as I think why won't it have buffered after 8 hrs

when I was growing auto's I had problems wit calcium deficiency

mystic

• Like 2

yo @Shed-Grower, just a quick point that I forgot to make, [it caught me out last time I buffered]

make sure ur buffering is ABOVE the levels that ur gonna feed at

for example, if ur going to be feeding at a max EC of 1.6, then u want ur buffering to be at least 1.8. I'd go 2.0EC to be sure (of calmag)

that should see the coco buffered to well within the range u will be getting to in ur feed

mystic

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mysticriver said:

yo @Shed-Grower, just a quick point that I forgot to make, [it caught me out last time I buffered]

make sure ur buffering is ABOVE the levels that ur gonna feed at

for example, if ur going to be feeding at a max EC of 1.6, then u want ur buffering to be at least 1.8. I'd go 2.0EC to be sure (of calmag)

that should see the coco buffered to well within the range u will be getting to in ur feed

mystic

I've done this mate, I did it last night. I made a mix with calmag and water the ec was 2.0 and ph 6.0. When I rinsed it off this morning it was 2.0 ec and 5.2ph. My seeds are almost ready to put in so I've made a solution with 10l water, 20ml rhizo and 20ml canna start. The ec is 0.5 and the ph is 5.7. I'm thinking just water with this til run off before putting my seeds in?

• Like 1

You want the coco ready to supply that seedling with some munch when it’s proper leaves turn up. So, aye water through some feed first.

As a guide (I can only give you my experience. I don’t claim to ‘know’ anything) I tend to start at 0.8 from a base reading of 0.5 but it’s not much longer before I’m giving 1.0. It’s hard to over do it at those levels so dont be scared of creeping the feed up a point at a time. But just steady away though once the seedling is up. I tend to just give them a squirt with a pipette.

One thing I have to make clear is that to hit the ground running is an unrealistic ambition. Be prepared to have to piss about here n there and soak up the odd disappointment.

Been my favourite phrase today but I can’t stress enough Steady Away. Don’t do anything drastic. Small tweaks. Don’t fucking stress or sweat owt. I blag every single grow owd lad lol Just feel my way about in the dark. 

The most important thing this time of year is keep them toasty. You’ll be reyt bud :yep:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I tend to start at 0.8 from a base reading of 0.5 but it’s not much longer before I’m giving 1.0

I used to be quite strict about mixing up weak batches for seedlings and cuttings. Fuck em, they get the same 1.4 ec mix my mums get nowadays and tbh them and me have never been happier. I am harder water like you though, so soft water bois ought to exercise a bit of caution. 

• Like 3

Ahhh yer see @Shed-Grower me n thee are learning together bud. 

I’ll give it a go @GSZZ. I give the cuttings the same as everything else but I’ll try n be a bit braver on the seedlings. Cheers :yep:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

As a guide (I can only give you my experience. I don’t claim to ‘know’ anything) I tend to start at 0.8 from a base reading of 0.5 but it’s not much longer before I’m giving 1.0. It’s hard to over do it at those levels so dont be scared of creeping the feed up a point at a time. But just steady away though once the seedling is up. I tend to just give them a squirt with a pipette.

Hiya Mikey thanks for your advice. My base water is 0.2ec so its pretty soft! I'm gona start low and build up like you said. I've watered my coco in the small pots using the rhizo/canna start mix and my run off is 2.0ec. Seems a bit high for a seedling but if you guys are saying that's right then I'll just go with it and get my seeds in there!

Edited by Owderb
Text size