Killer kush fv Hermies

The green moose

large.190602B4-418F-415C-81BB-75A996263DC5.jpeglarge.332ADA67-B339-4CA6-A440-EA9FBEED8D58.jpeglarge.1B64519D-BA7F-485F-92A4-9FF2280E67D7.jpegI’ve never had any problems with sweet seeds stuff before. I’ve always found their stuff good quality and a joy to grow. I heard good things about the killer kush fv and sounded right up my street . The plants grew very vigorously, healthy and big roots . Everything was looking good untill 10 out of 16 plants wernt hermie about 10 days Into flower :wallbash:. The grow area has no light leaks , no high temps and they didn’t get over pruned …. Very disappointed. My grow room is tuned in pretty well so I don’t understand how I could have stressed them enough too hermie.Can anyone shed some light ? 

:smokin:

Edited by The green moose
  • Like 3

Guest Micromole Hole

The seed game is always a minefield.  

Could of been a sought after strain and had to swap the parents over. Everyone used to do this outdoors with great results. 

I’ve always like sweet seeds stuff man . I’m thinking the killer kush fv must not be very stable . Only 5 look true female  , I have a lonely gigabud by g13 labs along side the kkfv and is looking like a true female too .

You mention high temps,

what were the lowest ever temps(probably during lights off)?

I only ask because this was I believe the cause for my first room with ladyboys making an appearance,

Gorilla Girl.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

The lowest temp is 19c  and the highest is between 26 and 27c. The air cooled hood I have helps keep temps down . I also have a dimable ballast which helps bring temps down lower on last couple weeks of flower.

:bong:

its that  sick felling you get when you see banana's or ball's  m8.. this year was my first encounter with the ladyboy's  2 percy's out off 5  feel for you mate ..g

Edited by geogeo
im a diddy
  • Like 1

That's really a high herm ratio I'd check Temps and light leaks again.

If you run air-cooled reflector check if it leaks from ducting to reflector ,hard to notice unless you look under.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

You mention high temps,

what were the lowest ever temps(probably during lights off)?

I only ask because this was I believe the cause for my first room with ladyboys making an appearance,

Gorilla Girl.

Atb

gorilla genetics are fairly well known as hermie p;rone.

• Like 6

Yeah @badbillybob,

but I'm prepared to believe that had my temps not been dipping down to 16C regularly at lights off then they might not have seeded the whole room lol

@The green moose 19C isn't too bad,

are the plants insulated from the ground,

which can sometimes suck the heat from pots?

There's quite a few of us here,

mostly LED growers(but not only) that struggle with temperatures at this time of year especially,

so heat mats paired with a thermostat controller are quite popular for maintaining good root temperatures.

As mentioned this is a really high failure rate,

so I'd be inclined to think that it's environmental.

Sometimes you've gotta sit in the dark,

zipped up tent for 20 minutes(no mobile phone) so that your eyes can totally adjust to the low light levels,

to be able to spot a light leak,

or lights on fans or heaters/humidifiers etc.

@AustrianToker has run a lot of sweet seeds stuff,

have you run the Killer Kush fv?

Good luck with the rest of the run :lucky:

Atb

• Like 2

@herbalkint the grow room is in a dark room with no lights on and I never even enter the room which the tent is in unless the grow lights are on . Defo no light leeks and the temps are fine . I’ve grown for 15 years and never seen such a high hermie rate either . It’s taken me years to tune my grow room and never had any problems this and before . 

@shumroom cheers bro I fully understand what your saying . The night time temps are fine I think, even at the roots doesn’t drop below 19c. Never had any problems with the set up before . Let’s just hope the last 6 remaining come out tasty ! Can’t wait too fill the tent up again .

:bong:

• Like 1

10 out of 16   :wallbash:

I had issues with the sanfran lemonkush.

REALLY!!! The way folks on this thread are talking it's as if they've been preconditioned into blaming the grower/ accepting hermies because in the last 5yrs or so they have been so common in seed plants.

A plant should not shit itself whilst being grown by an experienced hand in a dialed environment.

A high failure rate in such circumstances is surely genetic!!!

It's not even that you can veg them out to fill the space as your well into bloom before you know any better.

Seedmakers need to do better and growers need to do their homework on what they're buying more than ever before

• Like 10