What's everyone's seed selection for next summer

ILoveMyPlants

9 minutes ago, Celtic voyager said:

The issue I have at the moment is, to much choice of beans, lol, trying to whittle down what to go with, I keep changing evey day lol.

I hear you all too well sir !!     I went from planning to be healthy and planning to do way too many as usual lol   

Now im trying to do as little ,  as in effort , but still score a decent grow and leaning on tried & tested for a session of tough love. 

Too many beans is never a bad thing !   Decisions decisions mate lol 

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

I hear you all too well sir !!     I went from planning to be healthy and planning to do way too many as usual lol   

Now im trying to do as little ,  as in effort , but still score a decent grow and leaning on tried & tested for a session of tough love. 

Too many beans is never a bad thing !   Decisions decisions mate lol 

Hope all goes well for you.

It's the excitement that gets the better off me, can't grow them all unfortunately, I'm sure my plan will change countless times be now and when I start lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Now im trying to do as little ,  as in effort , but still score a decent grow

This was me last year.. I don't know if our definition of "little effort" is extremely different, but all I can say is effort = rewards IME. However, my less than satisfactory results from last year motivated me to move 1.5 tonnes (literally) of soil this year, as well as 500L odd of coir, into the plots this year. I've been left with a yearning for nothing but amazing results this year. No fucking around lol 

E2a: I hope you get that decent grow, maybe your "little effort" is different to mine, which was tbh 1% effort at best lol no plot prep, no watering, 1 feed. I literally rocked up in May at a plot I hadn't been to since last years harvest, with 20 plants, no tools, no nothing, just weed plants and an overgrown bush. Hacked it back, planted, no cages were set up. Went back 2 months later, fed. Went back to harvest. 8 survivors produced about 4oz... 

Edited by HullFeltMashematician
E2a
  • Like 5

Seeds arrived, and Firefox works for photo uploads! :yep:

Some naughty freebies as well :naughty:

large.09876.jpg

Edited by HullFeltMashematician
E2a
  • Like 11

• 1 month later...

I have got my beans sorted for this years grow on the farm plot I'm going to make it a bit bigger instead of nine I'll be putting twelve they are Panama from Ace SAD and Cream Carmel from Sweet Seeds Strawberry Glue from THseeds Ghost of NYC Lemon Citron and Fast Ice Cream Cake from HSO Goldlock x Zuel MWF x Warlock from Slim Fast Lemon Cake Fast Zkittlez and S61 from RGSC one of each for variety I have three cornfields that will have different bits and pieces from RGSC looking forward to a great season hope everyone else has a great season too be lucky 

• Like 5

Mine is changing all the time. lol

Got RGS stuff pretty much sorted but got something on its way from seedstockers not sure what left it upto mark plus i got 10 regs mostly subbies that i already started god knows what i am going to do with them yet if any are female.

• Like 3

Durban Dew x Auto Gelato - Homebred Hack

Maroc x Red Purps  - Homebred Hack

Inala#1(Auto) - Homebred Hack.

some RGSCs left from last year.

and we will see what else.

My Lemon Sorbet hacks aint germing , but I thought these were a bit immature , so not too gutted .

Might get one if im lucky . 

• Like 2

Red Purps personally isn't all it's cracked up to be, stem rot and a mediocre toke. It's quick to flower but finicky with wet weather where some indoor-ish types might not be so scabby.

My seed selection is limited, but autos are easy and fast enough to reproduce.

I've a few Mephisto hacks made. A UEL X 24 Carat, and just a few KC Brains Mango and Afghan. SS Killer Kush FV, and a few less ,one or two Hindu Kush,a DG X UK Cheese seed that's old and one in seven germinated. 

• Like 4

On 16/02/2023 at 8:50 PM, HullFeltMashematician said:

This was me last year.. I don't know if our definition of "little effort" is extremely different, but all I can say is effort = rewards IME. However, my less than satisfactory results from last year motivated me to move 1.5 tonnes (literally) of soil this year, as well as 500L odd of coir, into the plots this year. I've been left with a yearning for nothing but amazing results this year. No fucking around lol 

E2a: I hope you get that decent grow, maybe your "little effort" is different to mine, which was tbh 1% effort at best lol no plot prep, no watering, 1 feed. I literally rocked up in May at a plot I hadn't been to since last years harvest, with 20 plants, no tools, no nothing, just weed plants and an overgrown bush. Hacked it back, planted, no cages were set up. Went back 2 months later, fed. Went back to harvest. 8 survivors produced about 4oz... 

This year im only playing in the garden mate ,  wont be fit enough for much ,  i got the 1st of 3 neck / face surgeries end of this week ,  it will be garden only and very limited input.

Not by choice lol       I wont be able to move the noggin for a while and will be rockin a swollen face & panda look lol   

I wont be allowed out in the sun for a while either so its going to be a very limited effort.

So its put the fems out with the help of my brother and leave them to it until the autos are ready to go out ...then leave them all to it ... what will be will be sir.

I would kick myself for not trying to grow something ,   neglect is still a form of growing lol   

Nice selection of Sweets mate , never had a drama with them ,  all the best with the run mate 

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Red Purps personally isn't all it's cracked up to be, stem rot and a mediocre toke. It's quick to flower but finicky with wet weather

that sounds like the purple pheno . They are shite .

This is one of the green phenos that did quite well last year crossed with a Maroc .

Gotta be better than them purple phenos. 

Only chose to breed them for practice and an inclination they may be decent hashers , especially after they get some fruity dna this year.

CC

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 7:22 PM, Celtic voyager said:

The issue I have at the moment is, to much choice of beans, lol, trying to whittle down what to go with, I keep changing evey day lol.

I literally started a whole thread for this exact problem! lol And I’m still only 80% sure I’m done. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, latitude54 said:

I literally started a whole thread for this exact problem! lol And I’m still only 80% sure I’m done. 

lol

I'm the same, my problem is, I keep checking out seed banks, saying to myself they look and sound nice, then buy them, which just adds to my problem of choosing what to go with lol

• Like 2

@Celtic voyager I've got probably 30+ varieties in the fridge, most of which are freebies from past orders. So I really want to grow some of those, but then I get distracted by the thought of a specific strain. So I go buy that strain, as well as whatever else catches my eye in the seedbank.. And then I've got even more freebies and cant decide what to grow!! lol 

• Like 2

On 21/03/2023 at 9:14 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

Red Purps personally isn't all it's cracked up to be, stem rot and a mediocre toke. It's quick to flower but finicky with wet weather where some indoor-ish types might not be so scabby.

IMO they were bankers before whatever changed a few years ago.

2019 and 2020 the Red Purps was the nicest finished product for me, as well as one of the most mould resistant.

I think it copes better with my amateur drying/curing methods - retaining more flavour and smell in the finished product - than many other strains I've grown. Other competitors for this pleasing trait have been MWF from Slim and Jack 47 FV Sweet seeds. I don't know why but all these strains smoked well after a quick dry even before the cure and once cured were the most pleasant smokes.

On the mould resistance, in 2021 I had a couple plants over ripen by about a month. All their leaves had died and some buds had moulded here and there, but 80% of the buds were mould free after 2 weeks of downpours when I visited to clean up in November. Over ripe Red Purps has some serious couch lock stone..

The mould resistance has proved consistent over 25+ plants in wet autumns, mould just doesn't seem to spread on these plants like others. While you find the odd mouldy bud here and there, that's all it seems to be, as opposed to 5% mould - 100% mould in a week like we've all seen before with many different strains outdoors. 

I don't know any specifics and can't really verify the claim that the Red Purps genetics changed at some point, but I've seen it being discussed before and IME something definitely changed. I've seen some promising results with the new beans from the purple pheno, but also some very disappointing from the green pheno, which presented something that barely resembled its ancestry. I threw the green pheno plants in the bush the year before last as I lost the will to live 5 mins after taking them down just trying to remove the fan leaves, never seen anything so leafy lol

Anyway, I've still got faith there's something I like in the strain and IME the mould resistance is some of the best.

• Like 4