Looking ahead to next season

Crow River

Sounds like you’ve done you’re research. Im not far off as north as you are and have run quite a few strains outdoors now. The key up here is weighting strains towards early and mould resistance and then putting a few later ones and a few wild card strains out too. I did a mix of photos and autos this year and both have produced but with the amount of wet we can get, it’s a case of studying the weather and getting out there bang on time to check or to harvest. Also, the obvious stuff,  security, sun, soil and strains.  Sounds like you’re half way there though. 

edit to mention that photos mainly tend to be fast versions or have some auto genes somehow bred in. 

Edited by Clean Green
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Crow River said:

Danish and Finnish strains

+1 for the Nordic Genetics, you sacrifice a bit of bag appeal, there'll be a bit more trimming work and you sometimes get a few runty/auto phenos. but they're hard as nails and beans are cheap as chips so you can just add numbers. 

• Like 1

@Ch@ppers great looking forest of buds! Can only dream of that kind of space. I imagine my plots will be much more modestly sized and hidden away in wee corners... :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnonyMice said:

@Ch@ppers beauties mate.. I definitely missed out there. Next year I won’t be leaving my compost to soak in the rain that’s for sure lol 

S61 were thoroughly tested before release, they were bombproof :yes:

• Like 6

@B-real I think most likely mate. The bag of compost spent a while outside before I brought it in. The first bag I used was great, all seedlings loved it. The second bag every single seedling wilted away before 1-2 weeks old. 

@Ch@ppers rot resistant? If they are on the market next year I’d deffo invest in some. Facing a few rot issues atm

• Like 1

@B-real never thought about using native soil with indoor seedlings. The first uncontaminated bag worked great but was stored indoors. Think next season i’ll try again with clean compost as it worked for me this year & 90% convinced it was the poor soil that killed em. Will look into coco option too, it’s fairly cheap in the local shop . Next years on my mind a lot. Need to get this year under my belt first lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnonyMice said:

@B-real

@Ch@ppers rot resistant? If they are on the market next year I’d deffo invest in some. Facing a few rot issues atm

Yup, we cropped last year up to October 22'nd,bombproof. large.Screenshot_20221020_171240.jpglarge.IMG_20211018_175347.jpglarge.02745DE7-4AE5-4E63-9CA0-DA6813A2A3AC.jpeglarge.36047CB7-9143-441B-8345-087896CEF76E.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AnonyMice said:

@B-real never thought about using native soil with indoor seedlings. The first uncontaminated bag worked great but was stored indoors. Think next season i’ll try again with clean compost as it worked for me this year & 90% convinced it was the poor soil that killed em. Will look into coco option too, it’s fairly cheap in the local shop . Next years on my mind a lot. Need to get this year under my belt first lol 

God noes m8 I never thought u got root rot in the seedling stage thought u meant outdoors .

Not root rot in that stage called dampening off I think again I might be wrong who noes.

But bit of coco at any stage always goes down well ;)

@B-real my other guess was the first bag was older & lost nutrients. maybe second bag was too hot. Never know now lol. 

Will make sure I have a decent medium next year :D might just include some coco :) 

Edited by AnonyMice