Making a hash of it

rumplestilskin'n

@Translator thanks bro cheers for chipping in, should I just keep it in tupperware and sealed up, cling film it or leave it out on a plate just? fridge, freezer or larder which is warmed with heat that would come off heating pipes which pass through it? heats up a bit, like 25 degrees or so quite a bit of pipe runs in there. 

Why are you blending it? It turns the trim into dust. You're making hash out of powdered leaves and some heads. That's why your sift is green AF. Tumble, sift or ice hash it but ffs don't blend it.

No need for high temps or crazy pressures to make it stick together either if it's a cleaner product. Definitely no need for heating/decarbing it.

It's a highly complicated way of making highly contaminated and less flavoursome hash as it stands.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, rumplestilskin'n said:

always a school day when i make hash. 

Not to shit on you but i'm absolutely shocked tbh.

Your using the word hash very loosely here in the same way sweeping up a kitchen floor and putting it on a plate would be called food.

There are guides to make good hash. Why not follow one of them??

• Like 2

@FarmerPalmersNT hello bud was hoping you'd pop in mate. appreciate your advice. i just kind of did what i thought was right ignorantly not reading up much on how to do it. hoping that the tumbler would do the business for me.

so help me out please bro. 

i read somewhere if you leave the hash long enough it converts any plant matter into useful stuff or am i expecting too much

no decarb? what if people want to it eat, cook with it and thats the decarb then? 

no blending and just put in freezer and ruffle it into tumbler. 

sorry Frenchy if your crying up in heaven reading this :(

and sorry for bombarding you with questions

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rumplestilskin'n said:

@FarmerPalmersNT

i read somewhere if you leave the hash long enough it converts any plant matter into useful stuff or am i expecting too much

no decarb? what if people want to it eat, cook with it and thats the decarb then? 

You're better off buttering or BHOing that plant matter. It will get you high formed into 'hash', but it won't be nice smoked. 

My lazy method is to freeze and tumble in the freezer (I've got a small tumbler that fits in a freezer drawer). This will make average hash. But it's quick and high yield. Some contamination which you can clean up if you're bothered. It'll be an acceptable smoke.

If you want really nice, clean hash then best to bubble hash it tbh. It's the simplest although laborious. If you want to make edibles only then just budder all your trim from the get go. If your hash is decent then you won't want to be eating it.

There's loads of other methods but get a handle on how to make decent sift and bubble first before introducing any other steps.

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
  • Like 5

thanks very much FPNT bro! 

the less labour intensive the better for me mate though the , wish i could tumble it in the freezer that would be awesome. 

so ok guys im gathering ive made a dogs arse out of it

large.IMG_20221019_075028.jpg

hoping to do better next time round with the chelato trim. 

thanks a million everyone for pitching in, quite humbling at the end but needed to hear it guys 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, rumplestilskin'n said:

@blackpoolbouncer thanks for popping in, just rolled the sleeves up and got on with it. 

Always sort of learnt from my mistakes just and went from there. 

Sorry if I sounded dead negative. I have a tendency to type like that first thing in the morning. We all learn. I'm no artisan hash maker myself but I like to take a bit of pride. 

Like I said. There's lots of good tutorials to make nice clean hash without all that green material in it. 

I'd def recommend getting yourself some bubble bags of you want something considerably nicer. 

• Like 7

@rumplestilskin'n

As said above miss out the blender and the oven heating and you would have had some decent hash. Also no need to add veg oil into the mix as it’s just another contaminant. You would have been better served if you stuck it in the freezer then gave it a “gentle” tap to release.

See where you pressed the heated mould and the oil squeezed out, you pretty much squeezed all the power out of that hash bar. 

When we make hash we essentially want to separate the trichome heads/stalks from the plant material. Hash is basically a load of trichomes mushed together so they rupture and then stick together ready for ageing / curing.

If you want stuff for edibles I tend to stick all my trim in a slow cooker with 2 jars of coconut oil and leave it overnight on low strain through a Muslin and then re jar to allow to set.That however is not hash but a teaspoon still fucks me up lol 

There are many many ways to separate trichomes from plant matter for hashmaking.

Most of them are documented in this sub forum.

Willingness to learn and to be able to take criticism to improve your technique is a great trait to have and I’m sure the next attempt will be much improved!! 

:bong:

• Like 15

Still love the tumbler design ;)  Trying to work out how I would get one to work in a freezer.  Presumably just leave the door / lid slightly open while it is operating to allow the power cable in...

• Like 1

@MidgeSmith im sure some clever cookie has done a thread or FPNT could point you in the right direction if you ask politely. thanks for your nice words about my tumbler bro. 

• Like 1

If it was running on just 12v then the wires would be very thin compared to those required for a 240v motor :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2