what are your favorite nutrients & additives?

ControlLED

1 hour ago, greengrocer93 said:

I'm using the full range of remo nutrients working a treat . 

I’ve some remo on the way was wondering how they perform nice to know.peace Goohfy.

Just now, Goohfy said:

I’ve some remo on the way was wondering how they perform nice to know.peace Goohfy.

I was running cyco nutrients from oz before was insane for yields but lacked the flavour for some reason and I always do a 14 to 21 day flush so I made the switch....

From then on I never looked back great all round nuts in my opinion for small indoor grows this is the way to go as commercial its expensive.

I have tried so many over the years plagron,canna,Dutch pro,Mills,advanced nutrients, etc alot and this is what I will stuck with now until I find something to rival it mate  ..:bong:

• Like 1

Just now, greengrocer93 said:

I was running cyco nutrients from oz before was insane for yields but lacked the flavour for some reason and I always do a 14 to 21 day flush so I made the switch....

From then on I never looked back great all round nuts in my opinion for small indoor grows this is the way to go as commercial its expensive.

I have tried so many over the years plagron,canna,Dutch pro,Mills,advanced nutrients, etc alot and this is what I will stuck with now until I find something to rival it mate  ..:bong:

Yeah use what works for you like say I have the remo grow on the way which will be just in time for one veg room.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

Just now, Goohfy said:

Yeah use what works for you like say I have the remo grow on the way which will be just in time for one veg room.peace Goohfy.

Good luck with everything mate the remo line will do u well . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greengrocer93 said:

Good luck with everything mate the remo line will do u well . 

Thanks pal.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Doing a side by side by side MILLS 2 plants.SHOGUN 2 plants.REMO 2 plants what’s the all same cut what’s the bets they all look the same ha ha definitely in veg.I’ve used multi purpose Chemicals in veg and seen no difference but not gone all the way to flower we shall see.peace Goohfy.

• 3 months later...

Rather than creating yet another nutrient thread, Ive been throuhg what everyone is using and although Ive had great results from Vitalink over the years, I never PH and my tank is sat around the 7 mark which I know is too high for coco and also seems waaay too high for  ahard water branded nutrioent line. Never had issues but Im thinking i could improve my results by keeping the ph lower but cant be fucked with ph downs and testing and all that jazz (im lazy) plus isnt ph down a bad thing over time?

I use vitalink hard water but no where can I see that it contains any nitric acid or other element that would soften the water

I see that GA HW has nitric acid in and those users that use it says it keeps ph great.

You pay for what you get and Ive priced in GA at quite a bit more than my current stuff but im not too bothered with pricing as its the quality and eae of use Im after

Also after another method to keep my res mixed as pumps often fur up with all the humate and eventually die

• 3 months later...
On 02/08/2023 at 0:13 PM, sweettooth said:

Rather than creating yet another nutrient thread, Ive been throuhg what everyone is using and although Ive had great results from Vitalink over the years, I never PH and my tank is sat around the 7 mark which I know is too high for coco and also seems waaay too high for  ahard water branded nutrioent line. Never had issues but Im thinking i could improve my results by keeping the ph lower but cant be fucked with ph downs and testing and all that jazz (im lazy) plus isnt ph down a bad thing over time?

I use vitalink hard water but no where can I see that it contains any nitric acid or other element that would soften the water

I see that GA HW has nitric acid in and those users that use it says it keeps ph great.

You pay for what you get and Ive priced in GA at quite a bit more than my current stuff but im not too bothered with pricing as its the quality and eae of use Im after

Also after another method to keep my res mixed as pumps often fur up with all the humate and eventually die

Sealed unit o2 and Athena ppm blasted up to 3-4 boo. You did say price was no object .peace.

On 28/09/2022 at 11:48 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

sheep shit + a bucket of household  piss... lol   i think i best retire fuk me. :hippy:

Do you flush when Finished.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2022 at 1:27 PM, McHazy said:

Coco grower greenleaf megacrop is my preference canna coco a + b when it's unavailable no additives or ammendments as a rule

Bad form to qoute myself i know lol

Greenleaf have changed the recipe for megacrop i found the new version just didnae work for me canna coco A+B for me from now on it just works wi no hassle 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 10:47 AM, blerie420 said:

Currently using plagron coco as it came in at a fiver at my local (end of stock I'm presuming) but normally I'll just use wilko or poundland coco bricks.

Feed has been shogun a and b cos a mate has given up and had major surplus so again, cheap and cheerful. No root stim as such, just blue maxicrop (sequestered iron, fancy!)

Aside that I've got a couple of aloe plants that I grab an arm off once a fortnight or so in veg, pulp the gel of and divide over my girls in their water. 

I did have vitalink silica running for the first 4 5 weeks of veg but ran out, seems to be no issue to the girls though

Hiya mate, hope your doing well, noticed you have used shogun coco A/B - any tips on dosage /usage in coco 

• Like 1

@RUFUS HOUND easy mucka all good hope you are too!

Shogun is very simple, which is good as I am lol

Main thing is low dosing. They advise 2 to 4ml per litre, I managed just fine with 1ml a litre in veg with very good growth, and 2-2.5 in flower, with 3ml at max in the main budding weeks. 

It is prone to crusting up if you let the coco dry too much, more so than I ever found with canna but coco you're meant to keep continuously moist anyhow. Works very well with mixed brands too, e.g. vitamin silica didn't get knocked out the mix, or knock the shogun out. 

Asides that it's just the same rules as any coco feed

• Like 1

Just now, blerie420 said:

They advise 2 to 4ml per litre, I managed just fine with 1ml a litre in veg

I'm using Advanced nutes in hydro and find exactly the same thing, they say 4ml per ltr

but mine are perfectly happy at 1ml per ltr right through veg.

• Like 3