what are your favorite nutrients & additives?

ControlLED

hey peeps we would like to discuss your preferred nutrients and additives :) 

please include reasons why you like them and how they made a difference for you :) 

• Like 2

I use nothing for 2 weeks in veg then Shropshire Seaweed, Rhunzyme and GA Root Tonic. When I pot up its Ecothrive Charge and top dress every 3-4 weeks. When I flip, I continue with these for 2 weeks then GA Grow and Bloom and ditch the seaweed. Nothing else. It works for me but don't ask me why

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1

Medium 

80-100% coco/perlite 

base nutes 

Dutch Pro Hydro Coco Grow A/B (SW)

some of the best base nutrients on the market Imo for coco. 

additives 

Plant Magic MagneCal - 0.2EC Increase for every feed due to source water lacking in Ca with lower levels of Mg. This Includes Ca Mg N Fe.  

Mono Potassium Phosphate (MKP)

14g dissolved into 100ml of distilled water = PK booster for pennies. Used around week 4/5 of flower at 0.5ml per litre of solution for additional PK hit. Helps to sustain good flowering response when correctly used. 

Epsom Salts

Pinch on top of coco once a week during flower for additional Mg and S for helping terps. 

Triacantonol

Derived from beeswax and used once a week as a foliar spray during veg as it promotes veg growth. 

I use coco with Mainly Terra Aquatica at the moment Novamax and fulvic . I’ve also used Tri part when Novamax wasn’t available after they split from GH . I’ll prob go back to the Dry part powders now that’s available again. Only additives I use would be roots excel and Nitrozyme. I like most of TA products and used to use dry part mainly as less packaging etc same with Novamax less bottles. only ones not used yet is their two part coco and their organic line. 
The Novamax is very dense as a slurry mixture but works well. 

• Like 3

medium: ecothrive coco 70/30

reason: cheaper than my previous brand canna, plus the extra aeration means I can fertigate more often

nutes: vitalink. Use thier base nutes, buddy, root stim, finale to finish now and then fulvic. gro genius silicic acid. buddah trees pre flower boost 

reasons: vitalink, always used them as started with an easier 1 part feed but then they changed to a 2 part A & B and the results have been good so why change something that ain't broke!

gro genius silicic acid: its the most potent mono form of silica there is and coco plants benefit from silicon

biddah trees: thier pre flower boost works well, certainly notice mote fruits earlier on

trid other freebies and offers but always settle with my selection above. I do like the techboost ex-el foliar spray, great for cloning 

Edited by sweettooth

medium coco and rdwc

nutes ionic grow and bloom, one part nutes, cheap and very effective

also canna cal mag ionic silicone and ph down, thats it

• Like 2

In soil (any old soil I'm not massively bothered)

Maxicrop seaweed through veg if needed then

Greenhouse seed co. Powder feeds , just hybrid and calcium because anything else is unnecessary.

Reasoning... A kilo bag of hybrid lasts around 2.5 years so it's probably the cheapest cannabis specific fertiliser around and it works in my ridiculously soft water.

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Ecothrive Ecolife enriched soil, Biobizz nutrients and calmag. Ecothrive Neutralise for my water dechlorination.

Started off with compost / potting soil years ago.  Started mixing in coco and perlite, then moved to Biobizz Allmix and found that good but needed high doses of nutrients for the plants I was growing then.  Finally moved to Ecothrive Ecolife soil in conjunction with a little Allmix.

Seems to be working well for me so far, growing organically. Yields have progressed in a kind of linear way and I am happy that what I am using now is close to as good as it gets while I am still improving my organic growing skills.

Edited by MidgeSmith

Mineral salt, cannabis fertiliser - not paying for water, not destabilised and fucked before I open it.

Tribus - its awesome.

Seaweed extract - a staple of any good root product.

GG mono -  potassium silicate is nasty, a twat to use, takes forever to breakdown and raises K to unhealthy levels.

Fulvic acid - Natures little problem solver.

superthrive - 1940 worlds fair gold medal winner and still recovers a fucked plant today.

clonex - Still has a place in my heart as a go to for cloning

Formulex - Subtle 

hypochlorous acid - keeps my roots nice and system clean(ish)

Edited by zen-ken
spelling as per usual
  • Like 1

Growers Ark, always! 

The more I use them, the more I have learned about making nutrients, the more glowing my opinion of Growers Ark becomes. Bar the odd sprinkle of epsom salts in areas with particularly funny water, as long as I have matched the food with the water type its always worked, irrespective of the lighting type which further, in my mind, de-bunks the whole "LEDs need more cal-mag" myth. Stunning yields, stunning quality, healthy plants, and best of all super easy to use. 

If I had one criticism, is its not as concentrated as it could be, but on the flip side its cheap which ultimately is what concentration in nutrient boils down to: Do you pay a lot but use a little, or pay a little use a lot? 

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 6

They don't have the best rep but after using Canna, Dutch pro, Plant magic, Biobizz & Advanced nutrients my favourite for results and ease of use is sensi a + b from AN and essentially nothing else although i do use silicon during the 2 weeks stretch and maybe rooting stim if i have some handy but you can't go wrong with just the base nutes

• Like 2

Synthetic

Medium

100% Ecothrive COCO

Nutes

Canna A/B 

House and Garden root elixir

Vitalink PH Down

Organic 

Medium 

Ecothrive Eco soil for life

Nutes 

Biotabs water only kit

Dry amendments 4-4-4, 2-8-4 from Dr. Forest

Ecothrive Byosis

Liquid Seaweed from Dr. Organic

Edited by CDF20

Guest Micromole Hole

Just canna A n B and generous lighting :cowboy:

Every time you water with a nice dose of canna A n B,  it's like a 3d printer at play building green lego over time . The profile of the plants gets huge with lot's of bushy growth - it really is childs play.