Do you use a bloom/flower booster

Darknight420710

I've gone 10wk veg and now 2wk flower and all I've used to date is canna A&B

My plants are looking fairly decent and my intentions are to do a whole grow on only A&B but as im now in flower im thinking should I or shouldn't I. 

The flower sites are gradually forming with white pistils but I do wonder would the benefits of canna boost at £60 be worth it, or a £12 bottle of PK13/14 and trickle feed the whole flower phase. 

Who uses any bloom boosters and would you grow without adding them? 

I don’t use them but I use nutrients that don’t need additives and only two bottles. I add some Fulvic and roots excel early on and that’s it. I’ve only started using Fulvic this round. When I spoke to Yerra Aquatica they said what I use has it in anyway but two or three  times more shouldn’t be an issue. I did used to use some pk and boost but just dropped them out of feed when I went Novamax. :oldtoker:

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add
  • Like 4

My current grow, which is 3 weeks into flower, I have only used GA Root Tonic, Shropshire Seaweed with some Rhunzyme and I did top dress a few weeks ago with some Charge. Occasionally some Cal-Mag and I will start using Intense Nutrients Bloom in a week or so. I will continue with the Seaweed though as I've never had such good plants using it.

• Like 2

This time around I'm not using any boosters myself and my buds look banging around week 9 now, just greenhouse powdered nutrients and then only calcium and hybrid bloom , haven't even touched the grow feed.

They do get a dash of maxicrop here n there on alternating waterings though.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Second @BilgePump re; maxicrop.

Was a tad heavy handed with it in veg which was no drama, just meant more shoots than I could feasibly handle in flower, so every man and his dog around me got clones.

Dialed it back every other watering in flower at half dose, never had such lush, sturdy growth of fan leaves and stems, and the buds were much more compact than I've had before

• Like 5

i used a little pk when i got a tester kit from a site sponsor, i really didn't use much, and it burned the shit out of my beautiful, at the time, plants, won't go near flower booster/ additives now, no need in my experience, just feed them properly

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 12

Most additives available are from seaweed... I just use liquid seaweed for those. Nutes + seaweed + silicic acid. PK and such-like  will just give us more green stuff and not flower weight or thc.

• Like 2

shogun coco a & b; canna trace elements [but thats not a booster] oh & the calmag... + a splash of root stim in growth

so no boosters for me

mystic

• Like 3

I tend to, at very low dose (1/4 strength dose in the last grow), only as I get massive fomo of not using something  (a marketers dream!)    

Loads of the top diaries on this site tend not to use a boost.  

• Like 1

Thanks all, I think my like buttons fecked. 

Anyway I think the consensus is not to bother, im happy to go with that and think I've git the right mix of EC and staying around 1.4 

One thing I have noticed is changes to some leaves, not sure if its my ph pen or lack of phosphorous as ive read that can happen when in flower 

I've calibrated the bluelab and back at 5.8ph so ill.see how things go upto week 3 

I agree with @Fatboy77 in the sense that if you feed lightly then you can make use of additional supplements once you understand what kind of growth you get from just A/B. 

Personally I use a grow A/B from start to finish along with some triacantonol during veg, Mono potassium Phosphate during early onset flowering followed by Epsom salts once a week during later flower for additional Mg and S as I like to keep my plants as green as possible all the way up to harvest (unless genetics dictate purples etc)

i make a mix of 14g of Mono Potassium phosphate with 100ml of distilled water for my PK booster but I use it sparingly from around week 4 of flower.

That point where the pistils stop being just pistils and start becoming stacked calyx’s I find is the perfect time for a PK boost. 

but I also use Calmag to increase Ca for helping the uptake of the additonal P and K along with my Welsh Water which is lacking in Ca anyway. 

when I use a PK boost I tend to increase my Calmag from 0.2 to 0.4. 

i use my mix at around 0.5ml per litre every time I fill up my res during flowering. 

another thing which I do is follow the runoff EC during later flowering as the plants tend to use less EC during that later stage and during ripening I’m usually running around 0.6EC of Base A/B until finish when My max strength would be about 1.2-1.4EC during the grow. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm a fan of additives but it's very important to have your basic feeding down before you add anything else to your regime. I'd advise completing a good few grows before adding anything more than root stim

I think it's also very important to understand the ingredients and roll the additive performs, as well as the diluted costs and whether its worth the outlay

Canna boost is ridiculously expensive... £18 to fill my 150L tank so it's a hard no from me as a tank additive but if I'm not mistaken the main ingredients are triacontanol and seaweed derived substances, both of which are more  effective as foliar feeds so could be used far more ecomically that way

• Like 1

Canna A+B & rhizotonic is all I've used, will probably do another couple grows before I start adding extra stuff. 

I'm trying to learn how the plants are reacting during certain periods first - and I'm no green finger gardener anyway lol

I very quickly learned no matter how much reading/advise you get, it's guna take a fair few grows to get things perfect so just KISS for now, for me :D

• Like 4