Do psychedelics connect us to some deep spiritual plane or are we victims of the limitations of our own minds?

oldleafybeard1

Psychedelics are ace cos when you're tripping you can see the whole of creation in a shit kebab (and I have, more than once lol )

• Like 1

It's a good topic/concept, are these chemicals letting us see the world for what is really is, like lifting a veil to reality??

Our perceived reality is vastly different from universal reality. Colours may appear to be colours to us, but the truth about colour is in the wavelength it gives off. Our minds can differentiate between green and yellow, but that's just evolution of our minds. Different colours are simply different wavelengths and perceived as colours by our human brain. How much of this concept goes for everything else is unknown. Are the stars just a hologram? What is universal reality? Is our own (human) reality just a conditioned trip that we now call baseline? Is taking acid/shrooms etc lifting the veil to what reality really is? 

Who knows. :yep: 

• Like 2

I saw a fox, he had the face of Rolf Harris and spoke to me and my friend at the time - my friend saw him too. It walked up to us only about 5 feet away.

He told us (complete with Aussie accent) to get the fuck out of his field - single most bizzare psychadelic experience I've ever had.

This was before we knew he was a nonce (not the fox).

• Like 2

It’s funny how I’ve just come across this thread, I have only ever used cannabis and nothing more mainly due to fear but I’ve just recently watched a new documentary on Netflix called how to change your mind which documents psychedelics being used in a controlled environment to help with mental illness and I must say it has changed my mind towards psychedelics but I’m still a shitbag who would love to try but I would have to have a ‘sitter’ with me and I don’t know anyone lol but i do enjoy reading other peoples experiences. 

I did a lot of dmt a couple of years ago just because it's a fascinating experience and after shrooms and lsd I thought dmt would be the one to give me the 'answers'. It did in so much as helping me realise I don't need answers, and that 'meaning' is mine to create not something external. 

@Joolz is right about how many folk how are into psychedelics and its made them more egotistical. I've been guilty of it. Feeling superior over another because I had ego devolution. Ego goes very deep I think. Down to your perception of existence. 

• Like 10

The battle with your own ego is a constant for sure. It's an important lesson to learn to be aware of your ego creeping in. 

Without a loss of an ego and an understanding of the freeness of being without it. I think it's quite hard to keep it in check. 

I truly believe they hold the power to connect people to a higher consciousness/the universe/earth and mother nature. But so does yoga and any other path that leads you to an end that can't be forced. A monk can spend a lifetime of hard work trying to find "it" and not find it. 

The pieces to the puzzle must already be in your head I think. 

I'm not gonna proffess to be some spiritually pure being. We're all human. But I'd like to think taking psychedelics made me realise a lot of powerful stuff that left me feeling intrinsically linked and one with the universe and that love ultimately is the only answer.. So much so It changed my life completely and I've since dedicated my life to giving back to nature and changed my whole way of life. 

My first big trip was the singular most meaningful experience I've ever had.

I will say though. I've probably only met a handful of people that I've felt like they really got "it". I've listened to "shamen" women and their words make my skin crawl.

The words of Alan Watts ring true as a way of verbalise.

It's no coincidence that going back over thousands of years, across continents and through many mediums both entheogenic and not, the message in its original form is exactly the same.

Or it could just all be in my head......

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Is our own (human) reality just a conditioned trip that we now call baseline?

Short version

longer version

An interesting theory for sure.

• Like 3

I don't think psychedelics provide you with 'the answer', but what I think they do is perhaps point you in the direction of the right questions :) I never really thought about consciousness, existence, the really big philosophical things until I took psychedelics.

E2A Though I guess it's a personal thing, when I was tripping I got all philosophical and shit, but the two people I did most of my tripping with when I was a teenager mostly just talked nonsense about painting badgers purple and stuff lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

I dropped acid at school once lol That was a proper fucked-up day lollollol Best physics and chemistry lessons I ever had, though lol

• Like 5

I’ve had my fair share trips.
For a few years I used to extract my own supply of Dmt from mimosas hostilis root bark.
When I found it, it seemed like a calling form beyond , I’d go to free parties and find folks that wanted to try it and blow their minds( not very responsible behavior I know but I was young and Dmt is a hell of a drug) .

Looking back now, my ego was massively inflated I thought I was special, a fucking messenger from fucking God or some shit lol .if I was a bit more charismatic I could probably have started a cultlol.

Long story short.
After some absolutely ineffable Dmt trips, I finally for me, got the message and hung up the phone. Not tripped for a few years now.

Anyway to answer I definitely think psychedelic’s, especially Dmt and mushrooms connect us to something Devine, the source ,god, the inner self whatever but they’re not to be messed with, and the message can get lost in all the laughter and pretty colours, and you could just keep taking these substances for fun but end up just going round in circles.
Ultimately these substances never gave me the answers to anything but I do feel they’ve eventually after a hell of a ride put me on the path self realisation and helping me look at myself and how to improve myself without beating myself up about it. 
Personally I do feel there is something to be connected to , what that thing is exactly, who knows. But the right substances and settings can certainly open the door to experiencing it. 

• Like 2

I remember people talking about 'acid casualties' and shit when I first started doing drugs. Apocryphal tales of so-and-so who did so much acid that he went mad and shit like that :rolleyes:

I did a LOT of hallucinogens in my teens and 20s and they never adversely affected me, I'd do 3 or 4 acids on a Friday night, come down on Saturday, spend Sunday getting my head back together and by Monday it was all cool again :)

Speed, on the other hand, fucked me for days :ouch: amphetamines proper messed my head up, even after the comedown was over, just nasty paranoia shit :doh:

• Like 1

LSD was my weakness back in my youth,i`d be boiling / simmering proper bedlinog shrooms weekly in season for several yrs,me + 5 mates would trip out most weekends from september through till chrimbo ....dry them out see we would store them,we usually  boil then simmer 1500 shrooms between 6 of us reducing the liquid from 1 pint down to half a pint then simmer for a while...we`d end up with a big spoon full of sludge each... lol   tasted like fuk all ya ever tasted before pure earth :yep:  anyway i must of done 40 shroom trips then they turned on me :thumbdown:  acid i swallowed a fair few blotters + micro dots,i remeber once my butty brought these flying saucers home from amsterdam...the were large micro dots green in colour now them fukas had me strapped to the bed for 11 hours...but i did take a few lol   i had a mohican in my curtain with a dagger looking at me all night lol   evo stick was bonkers i`d sniff a bag end up passing out for 3 to 4 hrs where ever i fell in the field lol  TRIP ewe aint tripped until ya sniffed the tin 4 hr`s unconsious tripping ya mind off,+ honest to fuk ya  wake up thinking what just happened is real,....but at the end of the day them bedlinog shrooms will set ya rite off. :yep:   i now am to scared to trip ever again as i had several bad 1`ns last going off...... im done. :yep:  my last trip was 1989 glastonbury that was bart simpson blotters 4 tabs made his face ....so i had the whole pic on the head,nothing visual like the shrooms but i was up there. :hippy:   never ever again for i. :sadwalk:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
fag ash in keyboard