Changing tent in middle of grow

Oldman2.0

17 hours ago, Oldman2.0 said:

Thanks guys, all done, and dusted, and the girls safely tucked back in, and look'n none the worse for wear. Funny thing is, now that I've a big view'n window, I prob won't be look'n in half as much :)

My window is covered with a flap and velcro all way round - that makes more noise than my zip lol 

• Like 3

@RUFUS HOUNDYa, something learned here alright, especially when trying to keep noise down.

Regards the new Phanton tent, and I can't say much in comparison to the homebox in the long term, as both are new, and I'm no expert, but for me, I would rate the Phantom a better tent, the viewing window brilliant, the zip noise is much smoother, and quieter, the double duct socks, and far less light leaks. The homebox leaks light through the zips from top to bottom, and some pin hole leaks in the stitching next to the zippers, minor leaks, and prob not an issue, where as the phantom no light leaks in the zippers, only pin hole leaks in some of the stitching next to the zips, which if fussy could be remedied.

Because the tent is in a corner, only 2 sides exposed, the right hand side in the homebox was full of pin holes everywhere on that panel, like look'n at the stars at night, but again wouldn't think it's any issue, where the phantom on that side, I only could find 3 pin holes in the whole panel, and they were in the stitching around the velcro intake flap.

So the homebox is re-boxed, and put away for when I put another kit together, and can use that for seedlings, and vegging. The phantom defo wins the day for me, well happy with it, not that I would say the homebox is a bad tent, as i do like it, and would happily have run with it, if the phantom hadn't arrived out of the blue,  my 10 cents worth anyways :yep:

• Like 3

@ShumroomSorry mate, I've  been finding i miss some replies for some reason, and with others diaries as well, so maybe I need to change my notification settings, will have to look into that.

Ya the light needs leveling all right, been honest I knew it was a bit off, and didn't wire up the new pc fans yesterday but am finishing all up today, but now you point it out, well fuck me, ya she's well off,  looks like a stoner put her up :)

@Military Gradethinking about it now, I have 3 of the short scaffolding levels from when i used to scaffold back in the day, there 8" long, and have a 2" little detachable mini level for hook'n on to builders lines, so thanks for implant'n the thought, I can use 2 of the mini levels and leave them permanently on the light to level both ways for every time i have to adjust it, they are magnetic levels as well :realcool:   like fuck it, sure there's no harm in striving for perfection, looks like I'll have too on here anyways, don't think I'll get away with much ;)

large.20220730_075332.jpg :)

Edited by Oldman2.0
wtf
  • Like 3

On 28/07/2022 at 4:59 PM, Oldman2.0 said:

as the filter/fan connect direct to a wall vent straight out, no ducting).

any chance u could show us the detail on this bro?

mystic

• Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 0:20 AM, Oldman2.0 said:

tent is on a wooden box off the floor,

why thats cuz, save ur back?

mystic

• Like 1

Just now, mysticriver said:

why thats cuz, save ur back?

No, it's off the floor on the purpose build box at an exact height for the filter, and fan to meet the wall extraction vent, so all in a straight line directly out with no ducting 

Just now, Oldman2.0 said:
Just now, mysticriver said:

directly out with no ducting 

got ya, even more interested now. im guessing' the wall extraction vent is already there and ur fitting to it?

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

@mysticriver Here ya go mate, and yes we have 4" block cavity walls here, so every room has a 4" soil pipe in that block work to bridge the cavity gap, so basically 4" block, 4" gap, then another 4" block, and the 4" wavin pipe inside the wall is flush with inside/outside wall. Then in pic no:1 i put one off these in the wall vent, then pic no:2  added the flexible rubber connector from vent extender to secret jarden duct flange, then in pic no:3 on the inside, the duct flange kit is joined by another flexible connector to the extraction fan, and pic no:4 fan to filter, so all in a direct line out, with no ducting used, and my reasoning behind this set up, was after reading about bends in ducting reducing efficiency, and air movement, i thought to myself i would have 3 90 degree bends, and one 45 using ducting, so after a bit of careful thought i came up with this system, and been honest i could have all this wrong, but it's what makes sense to me, and hopefully run the fan at slower speeds to reduce noise, i hope i've explained right mate :thumsup:  

large.Screenshot_20220629-130049_Gallery.jpg

large.20220730_104808.jpg

large.20220730_105018.jpg

large.20220730_104957.jpg

Edited by Oldman2.0
Spacing
  • Like 3

@mysticriver Here ya go mate, and yes we have 4" block cavity walls here, so every room has a 4" soil pipe in that block work to bridge the cavity gap, so basically 4" block, 4" gap, then another 4" block, and the 4" wavin pipe inside the wall is flush with inside/outside wall. Then in pic no:1 i put one off these in the wall vent, then pic no:2  added the flexible rubber connector from vent extender to secret jarden duct flange, the in pic no:3 on the inside the duct flange kit is joined by another flexible connector to the extraction fan, and pic no:4 fan to filter, so all in a direct line out, with no ducting used, and my reasoning behind this set up, was after reading about bends in ducting reducing efficiency, and air movement, i thought to myself i would have 3 90 degree bends, and one 45 using ducting, so after a bit of careful thought i came up with this system, and been honest i could have all this wrong, but it's what makes sense to me, and hopefully run the fan at slower speeds to reduce noise, i hope i've explained right mate :thumsup:  

large.Screenshot_20220629-130049_Gallery.jpg

large.20220730_104808.jpg

large.20220730_105018.jpg

large.20220730_104957.jpg

absolutely spot-on that is mate. brilliant. what were/are those ducts for then - 'air brick'/passive vents?

oh yes and ur right about the having bends in the ducting can ruin performance - what uv got there is prolly the most efficient way of using ur extraction, save for not having anything on the fan

mystic 

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

@mysticriverI jumped the gun there too regards saving the back, yes you are correct sir, it was kinda the brucy bonus, as stealth, and noise is first, and foremost, but at present i can kneel on the floor, and work away with no real bending over which is great, and also as the girls get bigger, i'll be able to sit on a chair, and do most of the caring straight in front of me :yep:

• Like 2

@mysticriver Phairs  4" Rigid Duct Straight Connector with Damper & Wall Plate bought from the UK, £4 i think :thumsup:

Edited by Oldman2.0
Spacing

Phairs 

no I meant what was the hole in the wall there for in the 1st place brother?

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1