Changing tent in middle of grow

Oldman2.0

Hi guys, when I was research’n, and look’n into what grow tent to buy back in May, i was drawn to the homebox ambient deluxe 80+, but on the day (19th of May) she was in the shopping basket, but as I had other pages open look’n for best price, I came across the Phantom Deluxe 80, last second, I changed my mind and went for the Phantom over the homebox, they are basically the same tent 600D in all sizes, except the phantom 80 which there is a couple of differences, it zips all the way to the very bottom, the homebox zips stop a few inches short of the bottom, the duct vents have double pockets, and the front door has a huge viewing window, and the big viewing window seemed a no brainer for me, so bought that one :yep:

About 6/7 weeks later I had never received the tent, shop not answering emails, so in the end had to start a dispute, and forgot about it, so chomp’n at the bit to get going, the easiest solution was to buy a homebox, which I could pick up locally, and get on with things, and hopefully get a refund on the other one down the line, but low, and behold what arrived there now, but the phantom tent :realcool: I opened the box, and everything feels, and looks the same, 600d, same weight @11kg, and the zippers move more freely, and are quieter than the homebox, which has become the loudest part of my setup, opening, and closing the door, never seen that one coming (me think’n about extraction/circulation fan noise), it’s the feck’n zips make’n all the noise.

Now been honest, my first 4 girls are 7 days old, but with excitement, and the passion that’s boiling inside me, I’m defo opening my tent way too much, I just love look’n in at them, check’n how they’re getting on, and I know I shouldn’t be, but I just can’t help myself.

Finally here’s the question, :) I would love to change the tents around, and run with the phantom, at least then I can look all I want, without disturbing the environment. Probably look’n at a few hours to strip the homebox, and equipment down, put together the phantom tent, with the trickiest part been, getting the secret jardin duct flange kit fitted to the back of the tent as close to millimetre perfect both in height, and distance from the corner (can’t rush this part, as there’s one shot at it, as the filter/fan connect direct to a wall vent straight out, no ducting).  So if I was to go for this, will the 7 day old seedlings been delicate, be able to handle the few hours out, and if so what’s the best place to put them. Outside I think is too warm at present, and Rh is only 23%, or the room next to this one is just 2 degrees lower than inside the tent, and Rh is about 45%, my gut instinct is telling me it should be sound, but been a newbie, said I’d check here first with the pros, cause no point me cry'n over spilled milk, that i dropped on the floor all by myself :thumsup:

large.20220728_142441.jpg

large.20220728_142617.jpg

• Like 2

@Shumroom:realcool: mate,

and thanks for the quick reply, appreciated. I'm prob over think'n this one, but thought better be safe, so I go for that later after the spuds, :thumsup:

• Like 2

@Oldman2.0 Someone was rubbing their zips with a tealight candle the other day, can't remember who it was, probably helps noisy zips tho :g:

• Like 2

@Head Rose'n'TailYa we use a bees wax and other products on out drysuit zips, but something in me head from a post I read here, can't fully remember, was about been careful what products you use on tent zips, that some could feck them up, than do good, but I think I'll try that tea candle wax, has to help with easier movement on the zip :thumsup:

• Like 2

Should have no problems I did the same just did it when the lights are on so your no messing with dark period good luck mate

• Like 1

Theyll be dandy just hanging about whilst setup takes place

Bit shitty of them just not replying though, a lesser man (me lol ) would be a cunt about that haha.

Atb with the grow anyhow

• Like 1

Thanks guys, all done, and dusted, and the girls safely tucked back in, and look'n none the worse for wear. Funny thing is, now that I've a big view'n window, I prob won't be look'n in half as much :)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Oldman2.0 said:

Thanks guys, all done, and dusted, and the girls safely tucked back in, and look'n none the worse for wear. Funny thing is, now that I've a big view'n window, I prob won't be look'n in half as much :)

You will be stood at window for hours instead I know what it's like mate

• Like 1

@Baron von greenbackha, how did ya know :yep: I didn't get the light baffle done, as I've another coulpe of pc  fans arriving tomorrow, so will do that, with fans, and a tidy up, leads and bits, but right now I have to use the velcro flap passive intake for tonight, and I'm in bed right now, and because the tent is on a wooden box off the floor, I can see straight in through that when lying in bed, and see the girls perfect, only thing is, I'm gona go f**k'n blind, need to get some shades :realcool:

• Like 2

Bollocks to that never get to sleep ha ha I just bought some AC infinity glasses shit hot come with 3 different lense for what lights you got and they were only about £20 

• Like 1

large.20220729_065726.jpg@ShumroomAll went perfect mate :thumsup:

@blerie420ya, a bit shitty alright, but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles, I used to be a fecker for dwelling, and hold'n on to shite, but I got a handle on that now for the most part, in recent years, my moto now is, spilled milk, is spilled milk, ya can't un-spill it, it's in the past, and can't be changed, I just keep moving forward with thing's now, and that's been a great bit of peace for me wee head :yep:

@Baron von greenbackRight again bud, a bit of a restless night, but putting the baffle in later today.

And thanks for the heads up on the glasses, have to get some asap, and will check them out later :yep:

Edited by Oldman2.0
  • Like 2