How do you see it going?

Ch@ppers

The guerilla growing game in the UK, how do you see it going next season, the season after, five... Ten years hence?I have seen it go and grow from a spade, a pair of boots, a book chapter on californian growing, and a few seeds from Afghanistan and a pack of sweet purple to drones, Google earth sat images, strimmer and augers, Internet websites connecting anyone nationwide and worldwide with knowledge and discussion, cameras sending pics in real time back to your phone from plots, teams of rippers, LEO and fellow growers wanting to steal your hard work and or imprison you for it,RGSC grew from a concept hatched over a coffee, it's done more for early-flowering UK growers than the Dutch seedbanks, Slippy buds is thinking of quitting the game and moving indoors, that's when you know changes are in the air, Slip did we interact on the original OG or the defunct UDG?Anyone see any future changes on the horizon? large.image.jpeg

• Like 18

I don't know about all that - all I know is I've started my first GG recently, and I'll likely continue to do them as long as I'm able and getting away with it. I can't really adopt an indoor grow, or even a garden grow so it's my only way of getting in on growing at all. Is it more difficult to do now than say, ten years ago? Maybe more people have gotten wise to it, rippers I mean. Drones and shit, well you can't do much about that other than be clever how /where you plant. Maybe a big clearing in the middle of thick vegetation with several obviously spaced apart bright green plants is not as clandestine as you might think, certainly from above :)

• Like 5

Just now, Hashslag said:

I don't know about all that -

It's the way it's advanced Hash, progression, I am wondering the next step for outdoor UK, more people will do it with electricity costs rising, its been getting crowded for the last few years, I can't imagine 5 seasons time. 

• Like 4

hi, guys its the weather ,unpredictable , i had high hope's this season , but i could count on my hands how many days off 7 hrs sunshine we have had up

here ( 7) infact.. i know down south you would need to water every day ! ! 2020 it was the best grow but mould got there in the end . i was so up, for a garden grow

in march this year, 5 cbdreams , a couple pups xxx freebie's ready to go, but it was  no go ,, well maybe next year mates ,. will worry about the lecky bill when it arrives , anyway the groom is choka ,,now in flower.. yaa, hoo,, happy days.  ..alb  

Edited by geogeo
  • Like 1

Just now, Ch@ppers said:

the next step for outdoor UK, more people will do it with electricity costs rising

My thoughts too, used to pay £500ish running a single 600w hps, next year will be at least 6 times that at £3,000ish. :wallbash:

That's half my :med: pension! Pushing me into outdoors growing only, which is more of where I want to be :yinyang:.

As for the next decade Ch@ppers, have you considered climate change, higher temps, droughts? What will be the implications for our game?

Luckily, I've got the land to do it, and if in a few years it's ever legal, I'd like to set up a canna CoOp allotment type thingy, for uk420 peeps.:pitchfork: 

• Like 12

Just now, Mcgarret said:

and if in a few years it's ever legal, I'd like to set up a canna CoOp allotment type thingy, for uk420 peeps.:pitchfork: 

I was in a legal one two weeks ago, huge place, the guy has made a success of it :yep:

• Like 8

Just now, Ch@ppers said:

I was in a legal one two weeks ago, huge place, the guy has made a success of it :yep:

In the UK?

Slight downer to my dream is that I've got a 'record' from over 40 years ago, bit like Paul McCartney who can only grow 0.2% thc CBD hemp on his land, iirc?

• Like 2

Just now, Mcgarret said:

In the UK?

No mate, not in the UK, the places I have been in were all 100% legal, the UK doesn't allow that yet.These people were getting their med-licences and renting huge glass-houses and polly-tunnels on the land, the guy also sells clones. 

• Like 5

Like @Mcgarret I’m fortunate in that I’ve got the space to grow outdoors with little or no need to worry about prying eyes. If it ever becomes legal I’d maybe consider growing more but for now 6-7 autos under a poly tunnel is good enough for me. 

• Like 7

I've no experience of proper GG, though I am doing a sort of stealth outdoor grow in a polytunnel greenhouse. As energy prices continue to rise, I expect a lot of indoor growers will scale back their setups and/or look to do more outdoor growing. That will probably mean a lot of urban dwellers scouring nearby farmland, waste land etc. for potential sites. Thereby maybe discovering existing growers' plots. Inevitably ripping will increase as a result. Those lucky enough to have gardens of their own will do more outdoor growing in the summer. We may end up in a situation like southern Spain, where there's huge amounts of cannabis pollen in the air.....certainly down south I can see that happening.

• Like 3

Just now, Crow River said:

We may end up in a situation like southern Spain, where there's huge amounts of cannabis pollen in the air.....certainly down south I can see that happening.

That's what it used to be like here when I started outdoor growing in the late 90s. I would routinely find at least a few seeds in my buds even when I had no males (or herms) around. Everybody was growing regs back then so I always assumed it was down to some lazy twat somewhere in my neighbourhood leaving their males to spaff, because I couldn't think of any other explanation. And now that everybody grows fems, it almost never happens any more – so I think that explanation must have been right.

Personally, I love outdoor growing. I tried indoor in the early days but felt a bit sorry for the poor plants squashed together under artificial light, never able to see the sun. I know I'm an old hippy but there's something that gladdens my heart in seeing the plants do their thing outside, mould an' all. lol I am lucky enough to have a good sized garden ... privacy is not perfect but I work on the basis that most people don't care too much if their neighbours are growing weed. The more people grow weed in their gardens the more it becomes socially acceptable, and once it's become socially acceptable there's more chance that the law will change. Every outdoor grow is a form of quiet, gentle protest.

• Like 10

Just now, Black Venus said:

The more people grow weed in their gardens the more it becomes socially acceptable, 

I chatted to a lady the other week, she grew legally last year and was doing so this, last seasons harvest yielded far beyond her needs, every time she has visitors she offers them a kilner jar of her crop. large.Screenshot_20211026_201217.jpglarge.Screenshot_20211224_094736.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, geogeo said:

pity about her lawn

Yup, I think she cares more about her "Grass" than her grass. large.IMG_20220728_130241.jpg

• Like 8

That's beautiful to see, @Ch@ppers. The ironic thing about growing in a garden here is that the plants naturally want to grow into big beautiful trees like that (well, almost as big as those, which are quite spectacular), and I have to put most of my effort into restricting their size – bending, topping all the time to stop them growing over the top of a 6ft fence and being visible to the neighbours. This year I delayed starting my seeds until May/June in the hope of keeping the plants small. It's a bit sad really when the plants just want to reach for the sky. But I still usually end up with more than I need, so I give away the surplus.

Aside from our damp autumns, cannabis grows really well here in the UK and the plants can get enormous, with only a small amount of effort to meet their basic needs. Nature does the rest.

• Like 6