How many vapes....

mmmm...nice!

4 hours ago, mmmm...nice! said:

Banned myself from Vapefiend for two months so the coil kit sits in my basket along with a load of other goodies...  

Japanese cotton is (ime) better than the coil. The coil needs to be cleaned frequently else it tastes shite. Cotton you just bin.

Urbanistic have some from trww on sale at the moment. Just search for organic vaping cotton.

• Like 4

I was gonna say that ^^^ (Japanese Organic vaping cotton)

or 

Rayon 

or

Washed hemp 

It's my new fav way to vape rosin atm as it's so quick and there's no cleanup, you can just take it out to check if it's dead and put it back in for another heat cycle or chuck it  :thumsup:

• Like 3

i started with a flowermate aura. pretty cheap and rubbish but kinda does the job.

then went dynavap.  plus mad heaters revolve, which is pretty much esential.

then went crafty plus plus, which is now my daily. just remember to charge it.

BUT by far the best money spent on vapes was the FMJ. Holy cow.

and now i physically restrain myself from vapefiend. its all too easy.

i followed the link for the sand castle thing. pretty typical. two glass tubes and loasda little videos of a guy vaping just off camera - this is typical stuff - completely pointless and indecypherable unless oyu realy study it - which i cant be arsed with, so that really helps me not get a habit!!!  please dont anyone explain and ruin it!

i do fancy the pink tig welder thingy.......

• Like 2

Bought a Volcano when they were pretty new, must have been 2001 and it lasted 10 years, bought another one right away and still have it.

• Like 2
On 16/08/2022 at 7:32 PM, mmmm...nice! said:

That's like saying you have too many guitars....  lol  

Love your style mate, the number of guitars/vapes you should own is simple maths, take the number you currently own and then add 1 lol

My very first vape was a Nebula Titan (not great, it cost £80 from Amazon, bought before I really looked into the world of dry herb vapes) I actually setup a return after a few day when I realised what was out there. Was tidying up the other day and found a box all packaged up with a returns label, opened it up to find I never got round to posting the vape back lol 

Since then my collection has grown and I still want more, but now I have said to myself I will only buy during the sales, so either 420 or Black Friday are the main times I will be adding to the collection.

My wanted list currently - FlowerPot B2, Stache RIO, Ispire wand, Vestratto Anvil and possibly a Sticky brick Junior. Im going to have to look into the Japanese Vaping Cotton as I want to try doing concentrates etc now Im growing my own and can experiment a bit since I should have plenty bud.

My vapes that I got rid off - Nebula Titan (turns out I didnt actually return it so I still have this one for now lol) Airizer Extreme Q (Solid vape, great for someone looking to dip there toes in the water) S&B Plenty (Pretty good vape, a little unique design but I getting rid of it to help fund a Volcano Hybrid 

My current collection;

Storz and Bickel

Crafty + (Handy for out and about or if I meet mates at the pub but I dont really use it much tbh)

Volcano Hybrid Onyx (Was a little underwhelmed with this to be honest, but recently used it for having a quick smoke of some recently chopped tasters and it was excellent for that, so maybe it was an issue with the weed I was using. Not keen on bags so use more with the whip)

Sticky Bricks

Flip (one of my favourite vapes, love this little things. Small and pretty cheap, needs to be used with glass. I like to use it with a mega globe and whip)

Runt (Took a while to get used to the taste, or for the taste from wood to ease. This one is in Padauk wood, which I think has more effect on flavour than some of the other woods. I tend to use this with the water pipe adapter as much as I do natively, but both ways are good and hit hard)

Maxx (I do like this one as well, packs a punch alright lol. I do find it a bit awkward sometimes when moving about to reload or empty and the tension from the hose connecting to a bong can tip it over. I plan on making a tray hat will hold everything in place a bit better. Pretty much always use this one with water)

Dynavaps

M ‘21 (great little vape for the money, only ever used through a bubbler. The 21 stem is now retired and the tip is on a BB9 stem, which is amazing through a mega globe and whip, seeing when the vapour stops through the glass stem is very handy)

Vong I (An other great vape for using with glass, dont seem to be able to push as hard as the M tip though)

Orion IH (OK so not a vape but along with some decent glass, its part of my Dynavap routine and I almost never use my dynavaps without the induction heater or glass)

Others

Herborizer Ti (Hands down my favourite vape, the flavours when i set the dial between 5-6 are incredible, night and day difference between the taste from the volcano and it gets me just as high or even higher, love this thing)

PAX 3 (Emergency buy when on holiday in Spain and needed to order something that I could collect the next day. Wasnt expecting much but was pleasantly surprised and I actually prefer the Pax to my crafty as a portable, I need to invest in some of the budkups though as it could be a pain to reload etc when out and about)

I do love vaping compared to smoking, but I want to try making tinctures so something like a magical butter machine could be next on the cards rather than a new vape, I also need to get a rosin press at some point too lol 

• Like 3

@Jams67

Nice list of current and future.

Having owned the Flowerpot vrod and then the B2 and now the B1 can I suggest that unless you want to do a load of double decker's then I wouldn't go for this model (b2).  IMO it doesnt do dabs as well as a dedicated device.

For dabs, maybe consider a simple 710coils dish and coil paired with a cheap pid. Or get a decent torch and banger and go old school.  Or consider a cheapish mod box and look at something like the DTv5 for excellent dabbing capabilities.  I go old school or my D cup on sapphire for ease and convenience.  I also have a few mods and atomisers for when the d cup isnt on or out and about.

Also, with the B2, to get the best from flower you need the carb cap imo.  So another bit to put on and take off.  The B1 (and B0) do no need the cap to get easy hits.

Im really impressed with the B1 (flower only).  Low temps, great taste and quick to milk.  But Ive heard the Herborizer can taste even better so unsure why you would want a flowerpot as it may just be a sideways move.

I use an IH (click and go) solely for my dynavaps (unless using fmj) and Ive considered the Ispire wand but Im waiting for the mad heaters ih to come out (if ever but rumoured end of year).  Dont know if you have heard of it but its specs are great.

And yes to rosin.  Although my concentrate use has dropped recently (these baller vapes are mad) I love the different profiles and tastes.  Also easy to make edibles and tinctures without stinking the house out whilst increasing efficiency.  Have you considered finding a second hand press and building the rest yourself (I did this following Artur mix instructions).  Beware though.  Before you know it your into the live bubble rosin scene!

And finally, no mention of the tinymight??  Easily the best mobile flower vape in my collection.  It can hit like a desktop and the taste is great.  They are releasing a V2 but Im more than happy with my V1.  So much better than anything S&B can mke (and Ive bought a fair few of those over the years).  TBH, if I could have only one vape, then it would be the tinymight. Its not my most used but its the best and I would replace it in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

@M Pamplemousse Cheers buddy, I actually just stuck B2 because I couldn't remember the names off the top of my head, but yeah a flowerpot baller vape I thought would be a nice addition to the herborizer I usually have my vapes spread out across 2 or 3 places so it would be good to have a heavy hitting desktop at each place :)

I've got a few decent torches and had thought to try some old school dabs, I'm sure I've got some bangers that came with bongs in my box of random glass wear bits and bobs. Need to get the good lady's hair straighteners out lol I liked the RIO because of the design and ease of use for a beginner and there were others like the puffco peak etc that I thought would be good for camping. I want a 2nd induction heater as above to save me taking stuff from a to b all the time id rather have one at each place, so I was thinking about getting the ispire wand (been looking at getting one for a year) which could do my dynavaps and not sure how good it is for dabs but have the ability to do them as well could be good. I have heard about the mad heaters IH a few times but not really looked into it, if I remember right there was a heater came out not long a go that had some of the things that people were looking for like a display with temp control. Not sure about that one, memory a bit hazy there lol 

Yeah I( might look at a DIY press but if a decent deal came up and I had cash sitting I would probably just buy one and be done with it, lazy bar steward I know :) 

Ah yes the tiny might.... Well it has been on and off my list a few times, between that and the tetra p80, to be honest I'm not massively into portables. I wouldn't class my dynavaps as portables really as I always use the IH and glass. I will take them camping but wouldn't take them to a pub to meet mates, same for my sticky bricks. That leaves the crafty + and the Pax but I find them a bit meh when compared to my other vapes and 95% of the time I vape at home or when away camping. There are really only a few times I need to vape out and about, that I'm kind of done buying portables. When I see reviews of the tinymight and p80 against the likes of the mighty or crafty it never looks like a significant improvement, don't know could still end up with one regardless you know how it is lol 

• Like 1

If you're looking at the Anvil .....

The DaniVape BFG and PhattPiggie's Thermal Accumulator are tickling my VAS atm 

Aaaaand 

The Taroma light is another cheap baller option 

• Like 2

There's a couple of glass options that work the same way, that aren't tickling my VAS for different reasons, by Rogue Wax Works and Herbaltherm (Ryan from RBT) that may also be worth a looksie tooo btw ;)

• Like 2

What about the inverted vape that's just around the corner. As durable as steel but tastes like glass apparently. Looks interesting...  

@James67

Apols. I didn't appreciate you were fully into VAS. You obviously have a grip on what's what. And nice to need multiple desktops for multiple places!

I'd consider the qaromo XL just cause you can load it stupidly and then you can see if it's as good as the Herby.

Keep us posted on your acquisitions. 

• Like 2

@M PamplemousseHey bud no need to apologize at all mate, I appreciate your reply it was full of good info:yep:

I only got into vapes last year, I never even knew dry herb vapes were a thing (although id seen volcanos years ago, I never really thought about what they were and that they were different from smoking) I hadn't smoked weed for almost 20 years before last year apart from a wee puff once or twice throughout that time. I got right into my vapes though once I started smoking weed again, and the VAS was real lol 

I'm not so bad now and tbh I have been out of the loop for a while, probably because growing weed took over my obsessiveness, now that I'm nearing my 1st harvest is probably why my vape interest has picked up again lol 

Not heard of the qaromo xl will check it out:yep: 

Cheers, J:smokin:

Just watched the first part of a video on the qaromo, definitely got my attention that one:yep:

Edited by Jams67
  • Like 1

Inverted's next revision is only 14mm tho 

And not gonna be cheap as it's basically the same material the make tooth implants with iirc

I'm trying to resist the pull of a Qaroma XL right now 

500 rubies! :shock: lol

I think I'm just waiting for a glass bowl they're happy with, like their Ti ones 

• Like 2

@Hippie on hillThe qaroma is really tempting, I was considering getting a herbo xl but decided I wanted a ball vape so it was replaced with the flowerpot on the wanted list. Not sure but the qaroma looks like it could be if the herbo xl and the flowerpot had a baby, all glass and balls whats not too like :) 

• Like 1

Oh no! 

iDrinkBleach (Cloud-connoisseur) makes some fancy pants versions of a couple of DiY projects I've been involved in, over on FC, that fit that description.

His Atlas is basically a cartridge heater in a tube, surrounded by balls .... with a really nice handle and other bits n bobs 

• Like 2