large_Dex.jpgMy humble little set up 
Top left is my hi-fi gear top to bottom
Technics tape deck
Technics CD player
Akai Tape Deck
Denon amp
JBL Control 1 speakers
Technics 1210s, had them 30 years could probably do with a refurb
N.I. Traktor Kontrol Z2 mixer. I spin vinyl mostly but also run Traktor Pro 3 DVS. I find Traktor is the best Digital way of Doing for me 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Military Grade  Have you visited LMNCs museum ?  I reckon I'm going to pop to Ramsgate in the summer for a nosey.

His channel is awesome and I love the ones he does with Hainbach👍

• Like 1

Na mate, I'm not really a composery kinda person tbh, I had a mate who used to love all that stuff, he used to have this music box thing he used to bring out back in the day, I used to have a lot of fun pissing around with that. I can't remember what it was called, it have a mini single turn table thing and a lot of buttons and pads iirc

14 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I had a mate who used to love all that stuff, he used to have this music box thing he used to bring out back in the day, I used to have a lot of fun pissing around with that. I can't remember what it was called, it have a mini single turn table thing and a lot of buttons and pads iirc

You'll have to give me a wee bit more that that to go on! How long ago are we talking about? Sounds like a groovebox of some sort.  I'll start here - Korg electribe maybe? Circa 1999

korg_er1_angle.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

You'll have to give me a wee bit more that that to go on! How long ago are we talking about? Sounds like a groovebox of some sort.  I'll start here - Korg electribe maybe? Circa 1999

korg_er1_angle.jpg

These things were awful!

Yeah it was definitely on the Toy grade section, was still fun to play with when really high

I think my other mate who got one got his from Toys R Us lol

• Haha 1

I used to have turntables in the late 90s, pre digital days. Haven't got any gear anymore but do still have all my vinyl. Mostly old school hip hop 86 -2002, there's a few rarities on those shelves, including a signed MF Doom record.

gallery_6671_3891_44721.jpg

• Like 6

I can DJ but don't often, I find it all a bit stressful!

My other half is the proper DJ and rinses out house, breaks and drum and bass.

I used to be her record boy/vinyl bitch and the number of times the crowd assumed I was the DJ (just your everyday sexism) and then this hot little gyal would have them bouncing,  raising hands and pulling bass faces for hours 🙌

We recently got her 1210s back out of a foster home and set up after moving house and moving over to digital years ago. The technics have sentimental value as well as normal value stretching back to the very early days of our time together.

So the current setup in the kitchen is a Mixars Primo, 1200w RCF speaker array (600w RMS  at the top and 600w RMS of wubwub) powered by an Icepower 1200AS2 Class D and now with added 1210s and a new Vestax M2 because she wants to learn how to do some scratching in her 5th decade of dancing the earth! Love her.

We probably have one of the most banging kitchens in the UK.

She's an untidy DJ so no battle station pic today soz!

• Like 4

@Shogun

That vinyl stacked flat on top is giving me serious anxiety! 

Used to play UK garage in a club when I lived in a city. It was very much like the tv series people just do nothing. All bit cringe now lol 

Don’t have a mixer anymore but still have my 1210’s which haven’t been set up for years, and my vinyl. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

@Shogun

That vinyl stacked flat on top is giving me serious anxiety! 

All good mate, that pic is actually a few years old. I have a second set of sturdier shelves now.

• Like 2