Any DJ's in here?

Hashslag

6 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

What mixer is that? 

It's an Ecler, SCLAT 100. A beautiful unit it is too. Especially since I replaced the rack mount side panels with some nice vintage teak :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not greatest but still impressive given what he's got to work with, I think the top comment puts it best

" no headphones, no loop button, no presaved effects, no echo, no delay, no sync button. Just fuckin amazing "

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

After many many years of bashing controller djing. I have bought a controller. 

Don't panic. The 1210s running dvs stay firmly in place just moved outwards a little to make way for the new mixer which also works entirely as a standalone unit.

It's Christmas so I've gone a bit potty and splashed out on a new pioneer CDJ XZ which for those that know what that is will probably understand why.

can't wait tbh. I love the extra elements and controllability I have without losing the essence at all of the analogue dj I am at heart.

Definitely best of both.  Can play both vinyl and Button bash to my hearts content now. 

Just ssh.......don't tell the Mrs how much hit was lol

• Like 3

I've been eyeing the XZ, too. I have struggled to find a mixer for my decks, let alone another for Digitals and then the digi decks, too! I don't normally buy all-in-ones but I looked at the XZ and thought it filled the gap I have really well. It's expensive but actually pretty good value, I thought. Have you had it out of the box much yet?

I have wanted to step into controller DJ for a while. My deck stand welding job is on my Christmas Project List.

Very jealous!

• Like 1

For sure @Keye it fills a big gap for me and unleashes basically a perfect set up for me with the 1210s either side dvs capable.

The xdj xz certainly looks like it will open up a whole new world of possibilities for a relic like me. 

Cutting dpd drove right past my house on Christmas eve with my parcel on board. Way to ruin Christmas you wanker lol

Delivery rescheduled for 30th so once its out of the box and I've had it fired up I'll let you know how I get on. If I can set the bloody thing up to all work together that is lol

It is rather pricey but a hell of a lot cheaper than a pair of 3000 cdjs and a 900 mixer. Which you essentially get but with non replaceable faders.

Can't wait 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These are the two boxes I used to grab first ones more roots the other ones more Dancehall bashment . The rests stashed away gathering rarity lol Always fun juggling 45’s 

large.C5F2409D-E562-4306-9062-089379722F40.jpeglarge.CE1872DC-92A5-4B05-9F87-94A4B5DF5D53.jpeglarge.6E110E18-D2E7-45C8-973B-B28B801EB3D9.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

IMHO Jerome’s one of the best proper DJ’s in the uk . I’ve seen him since the early days when he started out with Jibba , you never know why he’s going to drop like techno then a bounty killer tune lol