Any DJ's in here?

Hashslag

@Military Grade I always liked John B - proper loony that fella. Top producer too, Up All Night was a standout. 

Marky, yeah he's very talented. But I'm a miserable git and get a bit turned off by fancy gimmicks (upside down turntable scratching and all that) :)

• Like 1

Anyone tried the new Technics turntables from the re-tooled Panasonic factory?  +/-16 pitch and you can even play 78s(!) and they weigh 18kg!  Like others I’d never give up my 1210s.  Can’t resist a little Discogs, Bleep or Juno purchase once in a while.  Run my decks via an Allen & Heath mixer and a Sonance amp and a pair of Rokits.  Cleared out my records a few years ago down to 700 but the collection has crept back up to 1200. lol 

• Like 2

Sold my Vestax and about 2000 tunes just before my son was born. Had been at it since '97.     It was when no one wanted decks or vinyl either and they went for not much at all. 

Some real classic 90's jump up and trance.  I shudder to think what some of that vinyl is worth now. Fuck it tho...  wouldn't swap it for even am hour with my boy now.

It was a little desperation for both £££ and space - clearing out the deck room for a nursery was a weird bitter/sweet few days.   

I have a DJ controller now and millions of tunes but don't touch it that much, couple of times a month.  Weird considering how much I lived and breathed music at one point.

• Like 1

This just reminded me of "the final straw", about 8 weeks out from the birth date....  going out on a Friday to play an early set at a trance/technology night and promising to be home around 12 to the heavily preggers and sick as a dog misses.  

Somewhere forgetting that promise (due to a cheeky half or two.... "nothing heavy I need to go home".. then coming to playing some flat out Dutch techno in the 2nd room at 6am and the bouncer turning the decks off...).  

I stayed out till lunchtime and went home to the riot act and the end of the deck room 

• Like 1

Hi i dont have any decks anymore , used to have a pioneer controller and a numark one before that. Learned on MDMA with a friend years ago on his Sony Vinyl decks 

Played and mixed : Old skool trance, Hard House, Dnb, 2-step garage and Deep House. Tempted to get some more again recently Pioneer DDJ1-SB i had , was very nice response unit that i could use with my PC and not take up loads of room.
Also had some practice on Numark CDJ-s Never got to try Pioneer CDJ's tho :/ 

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

@GreenOval

Sad to hear about people getting shot of all their gear, but everyone's situation differs. Luckily for me at the time when mrs was about to drop our 2nd kid, we were just in the process of getting a big loan/mortgage to build a conservatory/new kitchen etc, and a garden studio came out of it as well. Moved all my records and decks, office stuff out of the third room and into the 'shed', which is where I spend most of my time now. I work here full time too. A month later and three became four. Not sure what I'd have done with my stuff if it hadn't been for the shed tbh, selfish as it sounds, I wouldn't have parted with it. Probably just would've put into storage or something. I've had to sell some really treasured possessions over recent months to make ends meet, but I draw the line at my decks. They are off limits, unless it means we lose the house obviously haha.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2022 at 6:48 PM, Shumroom said:

Put me out on the streets,

you're not taking my decks or ma vinyl lol

Just gotta find a plug :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

suat?

• Like 1

Im far from a dj ... i just love music :wub:    From infra low bass all the way up to the sparkly highs ... although the old ears cant hear lots of the really high stuff now :) 

Be it on the trusty 1 & 2's   ,  the CD decks or digital media ..... im happy whilst playing with music. 

I design speaker cabs for indoor & automotive use and always happy to help :B):

• Like 5

It’s a shame not many dj’s can tell what sounds good or bad imho lol I don’t mean music taste but sound quality .

• Like 2

hello all, 

I am not a DJ, but I love music n weed. 

for my 21st I got 2x technic 1210s bloody beautiful things. got them reconditioned last year cost me like £300+ but they won't be going anywhere. I will die with them for sure. 

here is my little setup. Technics have dust covers n blanket over to stop little 3yo an 1yo hands messing. I have Alexa into my mixer for ladies to scream "lexa play sleep bunnies"

whatever you do dont search Alexa sleeping bunnies song it will send you mental.  hop little bunnies hop hop hop. fuckk off little bunnies off off off. 

really need some decent speakers the pc 5.1 Logitechs are okay, but not proper. 

mainly listen to liquid dnb and reggae dub..

large.IMG_20220824_182605_resized__01__01.jpg

sorry the images was taken in evening sun.

take care all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...