Nice load of dry trim delivered! Next stop... HASH!

Hashslag

At last, delivery of crispy dried trim has arrived! Not tons, but should be enough to make something worthwhile. I believe the strain is McFlurry, which according to the web is a 50/50 sativa/indica, and pretty high potency so we'll see what kind of hash it makes. Going to be dry sifting, one screen only so it's unlikely to be the best in the world, but it's what I have at the moment so that's what I'm doing. I'll probably get started on it tonight if I can get time. Once I've sifted, I'll be doing the Frenchy hot bottle tech, with some cellophane oven bag material to sandwich the gubbins. Then, the plan is to cure it for three months, but I'm telling you now that ain't gonna happen lol

I'll keep ya'll posted!

• Like 15

Thanks gents - it'll be my first attempt at this, so I'm not holding out for anything incredible, but how hard can it be, right? Right..?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hashslag said:

, I'll be doing the Frenchy hot bottle tech,

I'll be interested to see how you get on with that - I'm sure I remember him saying that dry sift doesn't take to this as well as bubble. I know I've had issues getting dry sift to stay together pressing with heat.

I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.

• Like 1

@monkeypig I've had dry sift melt with the hot bottle trick, heck even just in the palm of my hand, but only if its really good quality. Like the kind you get in a crystal catcher that never has ground up bud left in it and never gets shaken about. 

• Like 3

Just now, monkeypig said:

I'll be interested to see how you get on with that - I'm sure I remember him saying that dry sift doesn't take to this as well as bubble. I know I've had issues getting dry sift to stay together pressing with heat.

I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.

I'm hoping to get a result similar to the rather splendid chap @Totogrowuk who has demonstrated dry sift/hot bottle tech hash making on his Youchoob channel. He was using a trimbin, which I believe has a 150 micron screen as standard. It turned out OK for him, so fingers crossed...

• Like 3

Just now, MindSoup said:

Never realised toto was on the boards! 

Yeah, I don't think he's been on much though tbf. Probably too busy with all those amazing cannabonsai projects!

• Like 2

To get a good result you just put te material on the screen in small amounts shake it about a little then take it off, no  breaking the plant material at all just move it, turn it tap it and take it off.

After you've been through all the material once collect up the resin then do a second pass harder for a rougher bit of hash.

• Like 6

Just finished making myself some hash this afternoon..definitely worth the effort. Got some nice lemon ak hash. It still keeps the terpenes..gorgeous. 

I've got the trim bin also. Make sure you freeze the trim..and run it twice, the second time with the trim slightly more broken up then re frozen. 

The first run will be better stuff so keep the different runs separate...but you get loads on a second run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lister420 said:

Just finished making myself some hash this afternoon..definitely worth the effort. Got some nice lemon ak hash. It still keeps the terpenes..gorgeous. 

I've got the trim bin also. Make sure you freeze the trim..and run it twice, the second time with the trim slightly more broken up then re frozen. 

The first run will be better stuff so keep the different runs separate...but you get loads on a second run.

Thanks man. And you, @inceywinceyspider:)

Going to pop it in the freezer momentarily. I've actually got two bags, one larger bag and another smaller one, different flavours. Not sure whether to bother keeping them separate, or just combine it all and to hell with being purist about it. Thanks for the tips though, regarding gentle sifting/two runs. Sounds like a plan.

@Lister420 - how did yours turn out? Assuming dry sift if using trim bin?

• Like 2

Also - my understanding is you should make hash in a cold room. Well, that's out of the question, do you think I'll still be alright?

I have a trim bin and the sift is great, I end up leaving it as-is (I don't press it / make hash) and just use it to supercharge joints or smash it straight in the bong or top-up a Volcano bowl. I can never keep it for long for some reason...

Glorious forehead sweating stuff - enjoy yourself :)

• Like 4