AC Infinity Humidity C67 Transition Humidity Issue's

MindSoup

@Flamedodger I'm trying not to get the dehumidifier out this run if I can help it, bloody thing drink electrons, makes one hell or a racket and I have to have all my windows shut for it to work which then causes heat problems. My whole setup running properly and not waking me up all night is completely dependent on the transition settings. I'm trying to think of a way around it, I'm sure I'll come up with something, earplugs would be simple and cheap but then I have nothing to distract me from the tinnitus lol. If I was single I'd have just moved the bed into my living room by now.... 

Still no word from AC Infinity, hopefully I'll get something by the end of the day. 

Edited by MindSoup

Dunno if it's already been asked,

but is the controller on Farenheit or C?

I'm just reading through the manual.

Edit: Sorry I misread when you wrote humiditity,

my brain went to temperature :smokin:

Other option

FACTORY RESET

To reset the controller back to factory settings, hold the mode button, the up button, and the down button simultaneously for four or more seconds. Resetting the controller will clear all user set parameters in every controller mode and settings.

Atb

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
Eta
  • Like 1

Just now, Shumroom said:

FACTORY RESET

To reset the controller back to factory settings, hold the mode button, the up button, and the down button simultaneously for four or more seconds. Resetting the controller will clear all user set parameters in every controller mode and settings.

Ahaaa yes thats a great idea, I was thinking I'd have a look tonight at reverting back to old soft/firmware (I have no Idea what the difference is , is software a bit older I know mines a bit softer than it once was lol) or just factory resetting it. I actually prefer the old UI, the only thing they've added of any use is the VPD calculator but I don't really pay much attention to that TBH. The new data readout with them all on one graph is awful...

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Shumroom said:

TORY RESET

Well I tried this out and absolutely nothing happened lol. No word from AC yet either.

• Like 1

Are you trying to control humidity to within a +\- 1% ?

Humidity sensors can’t measure within that accuracy if you look at sensors you will see that 1.8% (at a certain point) is state of the art

to just measure RH to sub 1% you need a chilled mirror which are like 5k for a cheap ‘portable’ one and like 20k for one that you use in a lab

Without knowing a thing about this controller (which sounds a bit crap to be honest) you’re using I would hazard a guess that’s why it’s 2% increments. If you measured it accurately you would find it’s much more variation than any 2%. Drift alone would count for more than that 

You’re asking for too much I think 

Here’s a combined RH and temperature sensor I designed years ago now. (The bare PCB and a potted version) 

It’s a Honeywell HIH SPI version and it has an RH accuracy (at a certain point) of 1.7% which is classed as state of the art with capacitive sensors.

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Honeywell/HIH9131-000-001

The cheap Chinese designs probably use a much cheaper sensor 

large.DE8D38B7-E296-4349-A4E2-9998385D7A

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 3

@daveyjones I get what your saying, but its sort of missing my point a bit. My issue is that my target range has now been extended from 10% to 20%. The accuracy from one percent to another isn't really an issue, I'd be more than happy if it ramped up 2 speeds for every 2%. Having it change 1 speed every 2% renders it pretty useless at actually keeping things within a narrow band, so now I have to spend all night sleeping next to someone that's constantly switching from speed 5 to 10 and back which disturbs your sleep way worse than nice gradual increments. 

I have to agree though I do find the controller a bit cack handed, they could have made it way more simple to operate. But despite its faults you can't really get close for the money. Think I payed 120 for the fan and controller and other than the UI I can't really fault it. 

Edited by MindSoup

It sounds like it’s made by someone who doesn’t understand what a control loop is

a PI controller (or equivalent) allows you to alter the gains and tune the response to your so called boundary conditions 

It sounds like it’s running on a bastardised hysteresis loop which is as amateur as it could be

I despise all this made in China shite that’s becoming more and more common, it’s not fit for use 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MindSoup said:

If I was single I'd have just moved the bed into my living room by now.... 

shit have u been watchin me....

mystic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey Jones said:

Are you trying to control humidity to within a +\- 1% ?

Humidity sensors can’t measure within that accuracy if you look at sensors you will see that 1.8% (at a certain point) is state of the art

to just measure RH to sub 1% you need a chilled mirror which are like 5k for a cheap ‘portable’ one and like 20k for one that you use in a lab

Without knowing a thing about this controller (which sounds a bit crap to be honest) you’re using I would hazard a guess that’s why it’s 2% increments. If you measured it accurately you would find it’s much more variation than any 2%. Drift alone would count for more than that 

You’re asking for too much I think 

Here’s a combined RH and temperature sensor I designed years ago now. (The bare PCB and a potted version) 

It’s a Honeywell HIH SPI version and it has an RH accuracy (at a certain point) of 1.7% which is classed as state of the art with capacitive sensors.

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Honeywell/HIH9131-000-001

The cheap Chinese designs probably use a much cheaper sensor 

large.DE8D38B7-E296-4349-A4E2-9998385D7A

was this to control some equipment bro?

mystic

Yes, it controls an extract fan for a grow. The picture is a control board that spits out PWM from a PI loop and drives an inverter 

Unity power factor converter generates 400VDC

medium.B231E680-708F-431E-8B49-A786C536D

LC filtered PWM gives a beautiful sine wave that saves enough energy to pay for itself, is silent and can boost to a speed more than the mains can provide 

large.ADFAC22C-332E-46EF-A861-CD86D5A307

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davey Jones said:

despise all this made in China shite that’s becoming more and more common, it’s not fit for use 

I can understand that, but without it I wouldn't really be able to afford to grow. Not everyone can afford the best, saving up for this setup took me long enough as it is. So to me it's an absolute life line tbh. 

• Like 1

Buy cheap and buy twice @MindSoup

Chinese electronics is bad enough, Chinese power electronics gives me nightmares for more reasons than I can list 

Edited by Davey Jones
  • Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

Think its the Yanks this time @Davey Jones

The price point is ace, but i just leave it 'on',ive noticed a couple of moments when it has Jazzed out on 'Auto'.

Reply from AC 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The app has been updated and the transition humidity will now go up by 2%, unfortunately. I will be happy to forward your feedback along accordingly so our team are aware that the update may not be favored by some customers. Hopefully this is something they can rectify in the future. 

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to let us know and we will be happy to assist you accordingly. 

Kind regards,

Isaac
Customer Support Agent
AC Infinity Inc.  

So yeah it's official, no more 1% transitions, for now at least, so looks like the earplugs are here to stay. I raised the point that a 20% target range in humidity is near enough pointless for most applications and tried to make some suggestions blah blah blah, it will probably fall on deaf ears but we'll see. If anyone else is also finding this inconvenient then get in touch with them, the more feedback they have the more likely they are to try and fix it. 

• Like 2

How many different controllers can ac infinity not get right ?  They are not made in USA the fans etc lol maybe designed and then made useless lol as for bug fixes should be fixed before production ffs lol companies are to fast to get products out without fully testing,  results in issues .

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 1