AC Infinity Humidity C67 Transition Humidity Issue's

MindSoup

Hello chums.

Really impressed with my Cloudline S4 and my Controller 67, you could say I'm a big fan lol

My transition humidity has been set to 1%  but the other day I accidentally changed it, when I went to change it back for some reason my transition humidity has changed to increments of 2% which has rendered that feature relatively useless right before the time I need to start keeping my humidity in control (mid-late flower).

I almost didn't want to post this because its going to encourage other people to fiddle with their controller and then get stuck like I have, so if you're on 1% don't be tempted to investigate. That being said is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm hoping its a bug I can somehow fix, I can't see it would be a software update, who would go to the trouble of making their product less customisable.   

I've emailed their customer service as well to hopefully get an answer from the horses mouth. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

@MindSoup I've never seen that tbh but make 100% sure you are hitting "Confirm" and its saving the settings - I've had it where it was busy for ages and I thought it had saved the settings but it didn't.

Edit: I just double-checked and changed mine from 2% down to 1% and back again and it works A-OK - so I don't think its a bug in the latest version.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 1

@DeltaMelter unfortunately I can't put it to the 1% in order to confirm it, I also tried using the controller itself but having the same issue, pretty weird. The fact you're not experiencing it is a good sign, hopefully that means I'm experiencing some sort of fault/bug and can get it sorted. 

Just now, Flamedodger said:

@MindSoupmine only does humidity transition in 2% increments on the port settings, I think its normal :yep:

Well like I say it was in 1% increments for the last year, I can't really see the use in anything more than 1% myself. Have you figured out a way to make it work like that? 

Edited by MindSoup

I dont even use it those features. I have mine on auto at setting 6 and just let it work its stuff. I can't see how it will take the bunidty out the tent when the negative pressure is already there. If I go to 8 or 9 I see the fabric stretch I can see the light in the stitching pin holes. 

I only bought it for the silence but truth be told its no that quiet unless I'm on 4 or below 

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Well like I say it was in 1% increments for the last year, I can't really see the use in anything more than 1% myself. Have you figured out a way to make it work like that? 

No, but I think this is software/firmware update. I suspect the humidity probe is unable to transition in such small % points.

As far as I can remember I’ve always had RH transition in increments of 2. I have mine set on 4 otherwise my fan is constantly changing speed. 

Ahh balls I guess its a firmware thing, why do tech companies insist on updates that make their products worse, YT,FB, Reddit etc etc, they need to learn to leave stuff the fuck alone.  @Flamedodger the probe was quite happy with increments of 1% as far as I could tell. I really hope I can find a way to set it back to 1% as that is how it works best for me. During flower I have the minimum speed at 2 max at 10 and then set the target humidity at 45% so at 45% it slows down to help it rise a bit and at 55% its flat out to keep it below that. I can't really see how 2/4% would be much use to me it would spread the target area out way too far, I really can't understand the use of  20%+ of potential fluctuation for any form of environmental control. I'd rather just have it switch between a low and high speed over that. But annoyed because its basically the only reason I bought the fan and controller.

Rant over lol.

Edited by MindSoup

32 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

I dont even use it those features. I have mine on auto at setting 6 and just let it work its stuff. I can't see how it will take the bunidty out the tent when the negative pressure is already there. If I go to 8 or 9 I see the fabric stretch I can see the light in the stitching pin holes. 

I only bought it for the silence but truth be told its no that quiet unless I'm on 4 or below 

I have to sleep next to mine and on just auto the big step ups/downs wake me up, unfortunately it's looking like that's my only option if I want to keep thing in check. 

@MindSoup I'm running iOS and my app version is 1.5.4 and it deffo lets me change it to 1% intervals so check in case you just need an update.

• Like 1

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

@MindSoup I'm running iOS and my app version is 1.5.4 and it deffo lets me change it to 1% intervals so check in case you just need an update.

Same version as me, only lets me change by 2%. Maybe i'm missing another setting somewhere?

@MindSoup @Linch It turns out I'm an idiot instead....I was looking at temperature and not RH. Temp I can change by 1 degree but RH does indeed go up in 2% increments.

So sorry everyone! Looks like I have the same issue

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

I'm on Android om 1.57, pretty sure thats up to date because I reinstalled the app yesterday hoping it might fix the problem. I have a feeling I'll need to revert back to an older version as apposed to updating it. 

20 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

@MindSoup @Linch It turns out I'm an idiot instead....I was looking at temperature and not RH. Temp I can change by 1 degree but RH does indeed go up in 2% increments.

So sorry everyone! Looks like I have the same issue

Woops didn't read that before I wrote the last bit. Well that sucks pretty hard. 

I'm still waiting for AC to get back to me, timezones and all that. I'll keep you guys posted on what they say, hopefully there's a solution...

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

@MindSoupOn my last grow I ended up setting the fan to on and leaving the enviro to the inkbirds. I don't find the controller that effective at keeping vpd good :unsure: but 10c daily changes in temp in my shed don't help lol