Panty Punch Auto (seedstockers)

RUFUS HOUND

Im a bit concerned about the very thin stems on all of the girls, I dont want them collapsing under the weight of the leaves. 

so, Ive decided to increase the DLI to the next weeks level of 30 from is current 22-25

@Crow River

After the heat wave we've just endured that could have been the problem lol as it got to 39'C on the hottest day :eek:

any way to improve the "girth" apart from reducing temps back to normal (which they now are)

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

To help give the stems a bit more support and because Ive noticed a few fungus gnats about, Ive filled to top inch or 2 with sharp sand.

dropped the lights a little to increase the ppfd and so the DLI - still on a single board but at 20hrs

Ive also put the fan blowing near them, so they have a little movement to help strengthen the stalks.

Temp = 22 -27'C

PPFD = 250-350

DLI = 26-30

Humidity = 50%

large.62dd7a2bdd36a_ppday17.jpg

• Like 5

Day 21

Today I fired up the second 85W board,  so had to raise the lights back up max height.

Temps = 23-28'C

Humidity = 54%

PPFD  = 450-500

DLI = 35-40

a quick pic before I start with the LST 

large.62e3275a43eca_ppday21.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 5

Day 22 Panty Punch Auto

I started LST by bending over the main stem, will start on the branches once they start growing.

The sharp sand has worked its wonders once again on the pesky little fungus gnats - not seen a single one since the "sanding".

large.62e327591195f_ppday21-LST.jpg

Ive also been working on a little side project to replace my veg box with something a little more substantial than a carboard box 

Ive still to sort the fans out yet but its looking alright, should get 2 x 12L buckets in there with plenty of room to grow on,

I think its 40cm x 60cm x 100cm but will have to check tomorrow.

Tested out my 65W board in it and getting some good initial readings (DLI, PPFD) but need to tweak it yet .

large.62e327579d5ae_newvegbox65W.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

Looking good bud. Just had a read through and feel your pain with the heat wave, although I didn’t have to deal with temps as high as 40c, that’s crazy!

I’ve just popped my first 2 auto seeds and interested to see how the DLI chart works out for you, do you have a proper light meter or do you use an app on phone?

Good luck with the rest of grow mate, will follow along:smokin:

• Like 2

@Jams67 I use the photone app but calibrated it to my boards PAR chart.

Im thinking about getting the uni-t  LUX meter to check the results against, maybe treat myself to one soon.

There are a few apps about like tent buddy and ppfd meter but I prefer this one as you can "pause/hold" readings so you can move the phone and read the readings.

It was touch and go with the seedlings during the couple of 40'C days but they seem to have come through it ok and are growing well using the autoflower DLI chart.

• Like 2

Cool il have a look at that one, i tried one or two but now you mention it I think one of the problems i found was not being to hold the reading result. I like the idea of working to a set EC and DLI week by week so maybe give it a try myself this grow.

I bet it was, like you say they are looking good now mate:yep:

• Like 2

Starting to introduce a bit of feed now as now into week 3 - Chempak No.2 (High N2 Veg ) @ 250ppm total (150 ppm is my water) so only 100ppm feed and will be ramping that up over the coming weeks.

• Like 2

DAY 29 

I was hoping to get another week of veg but the ladies have decided to start flowering on day 27

did a bit of LST but nothing major, mainly spreading out the side shoots.

Feeding = 400ppm Chempak No.2 with a pinch of Epsom salts 

Water = 1 litre each / 3 days 

Temps = 21-28'C

Humidity = 60%

PPFD = 600

DLI = 45

large.62efda4926658_PPday29.jpg

• Like 4

just for my info 

Dilute 12% Hydrogen Peroxide Down

1 part 12% H2O2 to 1 part water (12/2) = 6% Hydrogen Peroxide

1 part 12% H2O2 to 3 part water (12/4) = 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

1 part 12% H2O2 to 11 part water (12/12) = 1% Hydrogen Peroxide

Make 1 gallon of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide: Mix 4 cups of 12% HP with 12 cups of water.

• Like 1
On 11/07/2022 at 10:12 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

heres the DLI chart I will be roughly following 

large.autoflowering-cannabis-dli-cycle-1.png

Grow looks to be moving along rapid bud:yep:

Was hunting for that chart couldn't remember where I saw it but glad I found it as I got the photone app and paid for the LED unlock, I went for 45 DLI but forgetting that mine are 2 weeks old and not 2 weeks into veg, so will dial back to 20, cheers for posting the cart btw.

atb, j:smokin:

• Like 3

@Gaijin they look a lot smaller in real life  lol did a little fan leaf pruning to expose the bud sites to more light .

upped feed to 800ppm chempak no.2 (veg feed) but its started burning the tips so will back off to 600ppm

• Like 2