Coco Nutes

Tippers75

@Tippers75 growing autos and hand watering twice a day 

I mixed up 4ml of rhizotonic then added a+b until I had 1.5ec in flower.. was about 2ml/l on the a+b which made me think the EC pen was broken (didn't seem like much) 

From then on I left the EC pen alone and just added the rhizo and a+b each feed.. not much effort at all. pH came out at 6.5 after nutes 

I'm new to this but had decent results following the KISS advice lol

Keep

It 

Simple

Stupid

I was just keeping an eye out for deficiencies or nute burn and would adjust accordingly.. never had to apart from the massive over feed which caused a few burnt tips.. it sorted itself after a couple feeds though 

• Like 2

FYI.... 

I Have been in touch with Bio-Bizz to get their take on using their product successfully in Coco-Coir and got the following response...

When growing autoflowers with Biobizz, our recommendation is to plant them in Light•Mix or Coco·Mix (like you have chosen to) and use our Nutrient Schedule for All•Mix. In this way, we give to the plants lower doses of liquid products, as autoflowers tend to be more delicate and do not enjoy nutrient-heavy environments.

As for possible issues when growing in Coco·Mix, it is important to remember that these are 100% organic nutrients, so they are not used in the same way as mineral-based products. Here are a few tips to make your life a bit easier:

There is no need to water every day or to water till run off. It is enough to water with 10% of the pot volume in water and 2-3 times a week. Of couse, adjust the actual amount of the needs of the plant and the environmental conditions, but this is a general guideline. We don’t want to give too much water because we would be flushing out the actual nutrients and beneficial microorganisms that help the plant absorb the nutrients efficiently.

-         It is always a great idea to add Microbes Powder to the products, as a healthy microlife ecosystem will boost the growth and the yield.

-         We recommend to use the nutrients in every watering in order to obtain the best results possible.

-         Add Biobizz Calmag if you are using very soft or RO water or if you notice signs of deficiencies.

On 04/07/2022 at 3:54 AM, teehee said:

Hi, I agree with @thekingofobsolete keep it simple.

Having said that, I grow Autos in Coco, using 25L airpots. Allegedly this combo gives you the perfect water/air ratio in the root zone. Dont bother with Perlite, it will alter that ratio, and just float to the top.

I plant directly in Coco to avoid any transplant stress, and give them a good start.... any kind of stress with Autos will slow things down and affect the final outcome.

I use House and Garden nutes, with a couple of extras thrown in...

- Cal-Mag - essential of you're using LEDs especially on a 24 hour on schedule.

- Roots Excellurator (or any kind of root stim - big roots = big buds)

- Multizyme (an enzyme is a good idea to clear up any dead roots and convert them to usable feed for the plants)

and in flower I add:

-PK 13/14 for one week, 4 weeks before harvest

-Bud XL and Bud Candy (the plant needs loads of sugars to build buds)

I regularly get Autos to yield 10 ounces plus per plant, some have come in at 18 to 20 ounces.... hard sticky bud.

Here's 3 plants at day 77, Banana Blaze in front, Lemon Kix back left and Orange Bud back right in a 1.2m x 1.2m wide, 2m high tent, each has a 400W Skyline LED, just cropped them last weekend.

large.62b32392a6f62_day77group2.JPG

Good luck!

yep heres simple a 1 litre pot of husk A+B only no runoff to date,its under 1 x 75 watt led from a reg seed its timewreck x blueberry by T.A.O...its got a month innit to finish it but unfortunatlly i got to kill it soon,as im on the road for a few weeks twitching.  :thisbig: 

large.20220705_084324_copy_1440x2526.jpg

Edited by thekingofobsolete
forgot the pic
  • Like 6

Lol!! Thats amazing! Such a small pot, how many times a day do you need to water that!!! :toldya:

• Like 1

I must apologise as I just can't help myself and I keep straying from the KISS rule! I shouldn't have walked into my local store today because........

2 hours ago, Tippers75 said:

large.20220707_183431.jpg

To me it's  KISS :yes:

Fill tank with nutes and forget about them for a few days. Come back to check on em fill the tank and forget for another few days - SIMPLE! 

Bought easy2grow for my veg tent (0.5l starter pot then 3l fabric for a week then to 7.5l/8l for a week and then into 15l autopot same as yours. 

Enjoy!

Edited by CDF20
Grammar
  • Like 3

Now you put it like that I feel a lot better about myself!! New light arriving any day so I've got high expectations for this run! Excited too ;)

Edited by Tippers75
Delete pic
  • Like 3

This is all new territory for me, any suggestions on ratio for Cannna a&b + Rhiz for my little automatic babies. Label says 4ml/L so I'm thinking 1-2ml/L max at this stage but closer to 1ml/L....

• Like 2

Less is more. You going right way. See the plant's response and then increase/decrease depends on plant. 

You don't really need Rhizotonic . A and B will do just fine !

This topic might be helpful

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/421987-autoflowers-in-coco-how-do-i-feed/

And this

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/423011-canna-grow-guide/&do=findComment&comment=5725095

Edited by CDF20
More links
  • Like 3