Sweettooths Hash Adventure

sweettooth

here it is laid out to dry,

large.20220724_062749.jpg

I keep coming back and chopping it more, you can see few contaminants from where I had waaay to much water and bags were leaking hence why I recommend getting some buckets and creating a stacking system explained here - Just Google - pressclub how to make a bucket staking system for washing bubble hash

• Like 7

Brilliant result !

How are you going to press it when it's dry?

Have you had a cheeky smoke of it yet?

atb

toki

@toki no smoke yet, don't combust, only vape or dab so may run some through my dr dabber. might try a pipe though.... classic coke can one lol

press wise.... probably a hot rolling pin... 

May rosin a bit in the missus old straighteners... sshhhhh lol

Edited by sweettooth

Superb effort. I don't know if you've looked into it, but Frenchy did some minor modifications to the washer, like changing the outlet hose to a smooth pipe, not a concertina one as they tend to collect a lot of stuff that you want, and get dirty very quickly. I think he explains it in one of the videos. Regardless, that's a great looking return on your trim bro.

• Like 1

also been looking at the devil press and making some rectangular blocks, using a paper press to achieve the pressure, cheaper than the brick presses.

Ill press some, roll some, any other methods???

opinions to final operation welcome

:yinyang:

22 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

also been looking at the devil press and making some rectangular blocks, using a paper press to achieve the pressure, cheaper than the brick presses.

Ill press some, roll some, any other methods???

opinions to final operation welcome

:yinyang:

A method I have used if it's your thing.

1. Put dried trichs into thick plastic freezer bag.

2. Submerge in a bowl of recently boiled water.

3. Take out of water and use palm of hand or rolling pin/ bottle to squish.

4. repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.

5. Put in freezer to set ( couple of minutes usually does it).

You'll have a product which resembles suidgy black with a nice shiny surface.

Good luck whichever route you take,

atb

toki

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sweettooth said:

I used 220 and 73 microns, wasn't too fussed about the 160 grade. The 25 micron bag just didn't work but I blame the bags. I'll be getting the proper Bubblebagdude ones where the entire bag is the mesh, current bags only have the mesh at the bottom and added time to the drainage, plus will be getting some additional buckets and cut the bottoms off so I can stack them like Frenchy Canoli does. 

Ok mate cheers I got the bubble bag dude I do a diary thing next week so stacking the buckets does that just make it easier to take bags out instead of having to just undo and restack on same bucket or does it affect yield 

@Baron von greenback it helps separate the layers of each bag. Frenchie has the bottom of the main bucket cut off too and over a larger tub as I found I ran way too much water for my bucket and then found it difficult to run back through the 25. Many ways to skin this cat but always looking for efficiencies and stacking buckets is one of them imo 

Sure you've watched them before but here's a good one

A lot dryer today and a lot darker, new weight is just shy of 2ozs, not bad. Now for the next bit, warming it and rolling it

large.20220725_175638.jpglarge.20220725_175807.jpg

• Like 8

@toki

Hey dude we use the same method dipping in a bowl boiling water.

It works a treat and gives a amazing shine doesnt it.

Cheers for the like on the hash aswell .

Edited by B-real

No worries  @B-real

Yep. I've found it to be the best way to melt all those lovely trichs , especially when dealing with large amounts.

atb

toki

7 hours ago, toki said:

Fair play @sweettooth thats a respectable amount to be getting on with.

Did you wash the trim twice?

looking forward to seeing it pressed.

toki

maybe not a full second wash, the lots in the bin now. ill defo be running the next lot of trim twice or 3 times. still got the lower 30% of my last crop to use and about 6 weeks away from the next crop so will have a good amount to use again