Sweettooths Hash Adventure

sweettooth

Soooo looking forward to see what you pull and the end result mate :yep:      

I wish you the very best of luck on this run .   a nice piece of hash is a special thing :)    

Please bang your end results up mate.

think I shouodve used the bag. I'm having to manually empty into a bucket and pour through the bags, the weed seems to be blocking the exit hose :wallbash:

• Like 1

last final run of all the water is going through the 25 micron bag to not lose anything 

large.20220723_181124.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, toki said:

Are you going to run it all through again?

toki

doing second lot of trim now, using the water from the first lot, more ice, long 15 min wash. Will use the 220 and 75 micron bag and then leave all the juice from both runs through the 25 to finish to see if anything was left. 

First time so will learn a lot from this 

• Like 1

Good man.

It might be worth running the trim you have already washed again.

Looking forward to the results on a truly impressive amount of trim.

atb

toki

Just now, toki said:

Good man.

It might be worth running the trim you have already washed again.

Looking forward to the results on a truly impressive amount of trim.

atb

toki

I'm gonna dump all the trim from both washes and stir by hand... good shout. too much to put through the machine, shouldve gone bigger lol

already bought 12 bags of ice from the corner store lol

• Like 1

all trim ran. this is first run of everything

large.20220723_193802.jpg

now running everything through the bags again. missus wanting dinner lol

I'm not finished babes lol

• Like 9

143 grams including the parchment, needs to dry obviously 

large.20220723_203440.jpg

Not bad. Didn't manage all the trim as still have 20% up in the loft but for now that's not a bad haul. Plus 6 weeks off the next crop so will be running another hash adventure then.

Looking back at my original post as I've been drinking this arvo, this was from about 1.2kg of trim in the end, fuck knows where I got the 2.5 from lol

Couldn't be arsed with the 25 micron bag, wasn't yielding a lot, 73 micron bag was where it was at.

Now everything in the kitchen has a fine sticky feel to it from the hash water lol

What's the best way to dry this, crumble it out????

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

You could either...

1. Chop it all up as fine as possible and then dry it over a week.

2. Freeze the lot then microplane (parmesan grater) it onto baking parchment to dry over a week.

You want to let it dry completely before doing anything with it. :yep:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, sweettooth said:

143 grams including the parchment, needs to dry obviously 

large.20220723_203440.jpg

Not bad. Didn't manage all the trim as still have 20% up in the loft but for now that's not a bad haul. Plus 6 weeks off the next crop so will be running another hash adventure then.

Looking back at my original post as I've been drinking this arvo, this was from about 1.2kg of trim in the end, fuck knows where I got the 2.5 from lol

Couldn't be arsed with the 25 micron bag, wasn't yielding a lot, 73 micron bag was where it was at.

Now everything in the kitchen has a fine sticky feel to it from the hash water lol

My Man,  outstanding work.   That's a bonkers amount of trim, fair play 

If you can, shape it into blocks that are a decent size to handle and freeze it.   Then microplane or foot rasp it like @lildaveham says.  Foot rasps are slightly tougher but cut you less than microplanes.  I've skinned some knuckles on those.

If you can spread it out to dry that's better..... you've seen all the videos.     I cut cardboard into a rectangle that'll fit inside an oven baking tray with some sides of the cardboard that fold up nicely inside the baking tray.    Something with high sides.   I've lost loads of hash grinding finely onto flat cardboard then you drop it all on the floor or wind blows half of it off.  

Good luck with it - looking fwd to seeing the results.

Pizza boxes are ideal for drying bubble hash :yep:

Eta. Unused ones obviously lol 

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 1

Good thread just getting ready to do my first run so watching with interest I going to be doing it with a mixer in drill which bags did you use I hope I don't have to use all of them cheers mate you going to put drying process up as well nice lump of hash

5 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Good thread just getting ready to do my first run so watching with interest I going to be doing it with a mixer in drill which bags did you use I hope I don't have to use all of them cheers mate you going to put drying process up as well nice lump of hash

I used 220 and 73 microns, wasn't too fussed about the 160 grade. The 25 micron bag just didn't work but I blame the bags. I'll be getting the proper Bubblebagdude ones where the entire bag is the mesh, current bags only have the mesh at the bottom and added time to the drainage, plus will be getting some additional buckets and cut the bottoms off so I can stack them like Frenchy Canoli does. 

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1