Semi autos

Creed

Just now, Erbman T said:

@Tommy tucker

The semi autos seem to be much earlier than strains that use to get called ‘early’ a decade or so ago….  That’s why I gave up trying GG back then… cause the shit weather would come even before they’d even got going flowering wise back then. That was my experience. 

So bring on the semi auto / fast versions (early triggering ones) 

Yeah totally agree, I'm hoping that the vast majority of my harvest will be dried and in jars long before croptober:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roofless won said:

long before croptober:)

Hey man. Been up reading more diaries. Found another from 2018 in the RGSC section by @flighty. His DFG’s also began flowering in July. Interesting thing is tho. They mostly rotted out before finishing in August. He mentioned he tended to prefer Oct finishing strains where he is in sodden Wales as the rot is less of a problem around that time rather than Aug with strains that flower early.  Have heard this elsewhere from others to. So earlier doesn’t necessarily mean better regarding the threat of rot. I still like the sound of photo dependant strains that trigger in July tho. From the pics I’ve seen you post it doesn’t look like your growing Guerrilla, i.e looks like a house behind, so easier to inspect for rot and try and control it rather than a hard to reach plot. Know your doing your thing man anyway. Just more observations man. Is interesting your light dep and clone experiments. 

This site is a gold mine for information. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Erbman T said:

Hey man. Been up reading more diaries. Found another from 2018 in the RGSC section by @flighty. His DFG’s also began flowering in July. Interesting thing is tho. They mostly rotted out before finishing in August. He mentioned he tended to prefer Oct finishing strains where he is in sodden Wales as the rot is less of a problem around that time rather than Aug with strains that flower early.  Have heard this elsewhere from others to. So earlier doesn’t necessarily mean better regarding the threat of rot. I still like the sound of photo dependant strains that trigger in July tho. From the pics I’ve seen you post it doesn’t look like your growing Guerrilla, i.e looks like a house behind, so easier to inspect for rot and try and control it rather than a hard to reach plot. Know your doing your thing man anyway. Just more observations man. Is interesting your light dep and clone experiments. 

This site is a gold mine for information. 

Yeah I grow in the garden - growing at home is obviously high risk but it does give you far more control over your grow.

The MAFF and DFG spend 12 hours a day outside and then 12 hours a night in a lightproof room with a dehumidifier for company - my initial plan was going to be to leave them outside 24/7 when the nights are long enough to sustain flowering but I might carry on taking them inside at night - the humidity really spikes up at night and I think that's when the risk of rot goes through the roof.

If heavy rain occurs during the day I also have a greenhouse where they can shelter so they never get drenched .

It's quite labour intensive but then most growing methods involve a fair amount of effort so it's no big deal 

• Like 2