Best coco

JohnBudman

Gonna go for the canna pro, seems to be tried and tested and can get it from pretty much every shop.

What’s people’s thoughts on pebbles? Seen all sorts of set ups.. some in the bottom of pot, some mixed into the medium, some just on top or just straight coco no messing!?

14 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

Jiffy pro7. Super. Very little shit in it and very uniform throughout and quite airy from the off and that's bricks. You can get the   bagged loose stuff as well.I wouldnt look anywhere else now.70

Not coco, but I've been growing loads of none-cannabis plants in the jiffy potting mix and I've been blown away by how good it actually is, and initially I was concerned because I don't rate their propagation range but I needn't have being. I would deffo give the coir ago now after my experience with the potting mix and your glowing review of the coir. 

Just now, ukbudz said:

The last 4-5 bags of ecothrive I used hadn't been buffered properly, took a few heavy feeds to sort the plants out. Went back to canna coco pro and have had 0 problems since. 

I've been using canna coco pro now exclusively because of the same problems with the ecothrive, I was having to increase the input EC for about a week after potting on or else I'd have slow to start, a bit pale, plants. 

• Like 5

I've been knocking them out with poundland coco lol!

I've used ugro, canna, ecothrive from the shop but for cheap and cheerful poundland has stood me well. Bought the shop out when they came round last season, just get a couple of old pillow cases and rinse them through until the water is dead clear and it's a winner!

Failing that though, I helped a mate with theirs and they used solely ugro. Same process, rinse until rinsed and it came up between coarse and fluffy, and held their girls really well

I have been using Canna Coco Pro Plus for the last 4 or 5 grows and would recommend it but then my only other experience is the Canna Natural Coco. I keep wanting to give no till a try but using coco just seems so simple especially as I have used the same batch on those 4-5 grows and there seem to be no problems.

Just 100% coco for me, someone correct me if I am wrong but from what I have read its pretty useless in coco with no added benefit. 

• Like 9

Tried most coco brands didn’t find it made a difference stuck on biobizz coco for quite a while can’t fault it

• Like 1

Tried most coco brands didn’t find it made a difference stuck on biobizz coco for quite a while can’t fault it

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Devon Cream said:

Nice to hear since it's my only option beside bricks.

I once found Vitalink Coco in a local shop and it was great, really light bags from being distributed half dry but still fully fluffed and seemed very clean when rinsing too with a very nice consistency to boot.  A god send when I was in a sweaty loft weight wise.  

I usually rinse coco thoroughly even if it’s fully expanded premium sacks, No matter the source I rinse through with water to a clear run off, then treat with nematodes as I feed with either the grow or bloom mix as required as the final step.

asked a fair few uk shops to get me Vitalink coco and they all said sod off lol so not sure what’s the beef with it.

Loved my £30 for 10l Vitalink 1 part coco feed I must admit and was well impressed with the coco.

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 1

Cana coco pro. Sometimes I just buy the cheat bricks and just add 10-20lt of loam based compost to every 50-70lt depending on the brick size and add some garden lime. Both seem just as good to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/06/2022 at 10:39 PM, Budelaire said:

I once found Vitalink Coco in a local shop and it was great, really light bags from being distributed half dry but still fully fluffed and seemed very clean when rinsing too with a very nice consistency to boot.  A god send when I was in a sweaty loft weight wise.  

I usually rinse coco thoroughly even if it’s fully expanded premium sacks, No matter the source I rinse through with water to a clear run off, then treat with nematodes as I feed with either the grow or bloom mix as required as the final step.

asked a fair few uk shops to get me Vitalink coco and they all said sod off lol so not sure what’s the beef with it.

Loved my £30 for 10l Vitalink 1 part coco feed I must admit and was well impressed with the coco.

I've used Vitalink Coco Coir Max (A&B) for years with Canna coco plus. :hippy:

2 hours ago, lennyd79 said:

I've used Vitalink Coco Coir Max (A&B) for years with Canna coco plus. :hippy:

same. can't fault either 

• Like 1