Best coco

JohnBudman

I’m giving coco and GA nutes a go this run. Wondering what’s the best coco out there at the minute? I know a lot of people like the canna pro, seen some bad reports about ecothrive so will stay away from that. Interested to know what you guys are using :yep:

• Like 1

I used to use Canna Pro and it was good. Moved onto one the local grow shop sells which is a premix of coco and perlite so one less step when potting up. They used to sell the Ecothrive but apprently had a bad batch which had too much Charge in it and caused a lot of issues for their customers

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but I'm loving the cheap as shit pre fertilised supermarket coco that is "coco boost".

It's like 12 quid for two 75L bricks , granted I'm only using it to half arse my own tropic style mix but it's proving absolutely fantastic and has increased the performance of my mix three fold.

Dread to think where it's buffered to and don't want to know what's in the blue slow release fert balls BUT it seems to be working well.

Got a paper lantern pepper in some neat and it's not exactly struggling with organic feed which to me feels wrong and shouldn't be working.

Previous to this I've had very good results with DNA Mills coco cork but always go back to dirt ultimately.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Jiffy pro7. Super. Very little shit in it and very uniform throughout and quite airy from the off and that's bricks. You can get the   bagged loose stuff as well.I wouldnt look anywhere else now.70

• Like 3

18 hours ago, JohnBudman said:

some bad reports about ecothrive

what do they say bro? - I use ecothrive 

mystic

• Like 1

@mysticriver - From what I can gather, they had a bad batch which had too much Charge in it and it burnt peoples plants. I expect it was a one-off but it put a lot of people off

Cheers for the input all.

@mysticriver I’d seen reports of a couple coco growers on insta finding big lumps of grit in it and when they called Ecothrive out they didn’t get much response. And after reading @J.C post I’m not going to take the risk, a few of you on here say you do ok with it so maybe there’s some quality control issues going on. 

I’m switching to coco due to struggling to get soil right, and I really want this next grow to go well, having to smoke a load of swag each time one comes down it’s wearing me down lol 

• Like 1

The last 4-5 bags of ecothrive I used hadn't been buffered properly, took a few heavy feeds to sort the plants out. Went back to canna coco pro and have had 0 problems since. 

• Like 2