Apollo Black Cherry + Mack & Crack + Panty Punch

FlooK

This rain is an absolute nightmare. 20c and 76% RH while drying in the tent. Worried they might actually get mould. Is there anything I can do? Would rather not buy a dehumidifier with these energy prices!!

• Like 2

Just try to keep the temperature as low as possible. 

I think 16°C is around ideal but not always possible. 

If you're worried you could remove the majority of the larger fan leaves,

they'll probably be OK without doing that but it's your crop so it's a decision only you can make :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@Shumroom i already removed the fan leaves before drying so that's re assuring 

I heard 60f/60RH is optimal so i think you're right with 16c. Just thought higher temp = lower RH but I guess that's the wrong way to look at it

cheers

• Like 2

On 22/10/2022 at 0:01 AM, FlooK said:

@Shumroom i already removed the fan leaves before drying so that's re assuring 

I heard 60f/60RH is optimal so i think you're right with 16c. Just thought higher temp = lower RH but I guess that's the wrong way to look at it

cheers

How's the drying going mate?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Seedstockers-Mark said:

How's the drying going mate?

Going well I think, it's gone from smelling absolutely amazing to smelling a bit like hay. The grassy smell is starting to fade though and they look awesome. I tried a small nug of panty punch yesterday but think it was still a bit too soon.

• Like 2

Question for the pros... my bud has been drying 2 weeks tomorrow. Bear in mind its been damp outside so pretty humid. None of the smaller branches are giving me that 'crack' when I try snap them. 

Do I leave them longer or is 2 weeks enough and it's time to start the full trim and bang them into jars?

Cheers

• Like 1

Stay patient if you can,

otherwise if you're in a hurry you could trim and paper bag some,

this will help that to dry a little quicker to keep you going until the rest is ready.

Is it possible for you to reduce the humiditity of the intake air for the drying space?

ie. Small dehumidifier in lung room.

Atb

• Like 3

Ok mate thank you. I'm trying to avoid buying a dehu but if I open the window occasionally it brings the humidity down, only just realised this trick though. In no rush so will leave them hanging for a few more days cheers

• Like 3

Still not happy putting them into jars, its been 2 weeks + 5 days and the smaller branches aren't giving me that snapping 'crack' yet :(

Hopefully over the next few days they'll be ready, not sure whether to just go for it and get it done

• Like 3

You might be better to stick the buds into paper bags first(for how long depends on how they feel),

this will help to draw out some of the excess moisture :) 

Atb

• Like 1

its not set in stone that the branches have to snap imho.

you will know when the buds are dry, and if you chop them off the stem and dry them another few days they should be right enough.

put them in jar, check next day, it might draw moisture out and the bud will feel damp. if it does, keep drying, if it doesnt , start burping

• Like 3

Thanks for all the help fellas, the buds have been chopped and put into the jars. The strains look unbelievable its the best weed ive grown by far. The PP + ABC have gorgeous structure where as the Mack and Crack doesn't look particularly amazing but its the kind of bud you know will be super potent. 

Sadly as 2 or 3 of the top colas were pretty dense and the drying conditions weren't ideal they've grown a bit of mould and i've had to throw them away but i've double checked lower down and they are 100% clear and good to go. 

If anyone could recommend a decent sized dehumidifier it would be awesome, think ive got no choice but to grab one for next time. 

Mark has kindly sent some more seeds over, another batch of mack and crack and the biscotti. Really excited to go again and improve on a few things i let myself down on last time. Thanks for popping into this thread and giving me advice, keep an eye out for the next one :)

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, just had a read through, sorry to hear about the mould, hope it didn't claim anything else! I got a Meaco ABC 10L and it's got my bedroom which is fairly big down to about 60RH, at least that's in the tent lights off, more like 53 lights on. It's only 160W to run so half the cost of others and it's fairly quiet.. hope you get it sorted, worth it big time imo

• Like 2

On 23/11/2022 at 0:41 PM, Rustybiff said:

Hi mate, just had a read through, sorry to hear about the mould, hope it didn't claim anything else! I got a Meaco ABC 10L and it's got my bedroom which is fairly big down to about 60RH, at least that's in the tent lights off, more like 53 lights on. It's only 160W to run so half the cost of others and it's fairly quiet.. hope you get it sorted, worth it big time imo

Cheers for the info pal I was freaking out initially but its not that big of an issue at all its only 2 or 3 of the top colas i've lost. Not ideal but could've been a lot worse!! Heard a lot of good things about the Meaco units been really tempted to buy. 

I got very close to pulling the trigger on one of the models above but the plants are in veg now so decided to put it off for a month or two :)

Edited by lildaveham
Removed Amazon link
  • Like 1

A dehumidifier or smart dehumidifier would be a good upgrade to make at some point mate. I use an "electriQ" 12 Litre and it does come in handy  :yep:

All wifi enabled so can be controlled from anywhere you've got a internet connection. Cool pieces of kit ;)