Apollo Black Cherry + Mack & Crack + Panty Punch

FlooK

Officially flipped to flower, feels like its going pretty well. Canopy starting to fill up nicely. Going to make a PVC net for the next run as this elastic net isn't really doing its job. Apart from trimming a branch or two at the bottom to make watering easier I haven't trimmed much at all. Hope that doesn't cause problems later on we'll have to see. Automatic drainage also setup now and tempted to setup the automatic watering but might do it by hand. Haven't decided yet :)

Praying for some nice seedless weed !

large.6e615a27-a95a-4c91-97e4-14b92f845369.jpg

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Update :) Loving the LEDs so far. The canopy growth compared to HPS is is a different league.

Been a bit lazy with defoliation and think it might be too late into flower to start thinning out the leaves. Starting to smell amazing in there though.

Week 3 or 4ish of flower

large.fc38addd-2776-44c7-b4cf-b47ddacf60d8.jpg

large.8eafc783-b39b-4469-8c43-3c8788023457.jpg

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

Going to get a few more pics up later but this is just one nug that looks amazing. Rock solid and absolutely stinks. Should be chopping her in the next few days. Will post a few pics of the trichs through a magnifying glass later as well. Still not many amber trichomes but plant looks very ready.

large.be983e1f-162a-4b21-a251-46b2bef63f93.jpg

large.791795d1-86e9-4033-a539-eb641db5c456.jpglarge.743c355f-3ca6-4e09-bb8f-3124ca651ff5.jpg

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 7

Looking for some urgent help if anyone would be kind enough to chime in and offer some advice....

The plants have been in flower for roughly 10 weeks now. The strains that I have chosen are advised to take 9-10 weeks. When I look using the jewellers loupe I'm not seeing many Amber trichomes at all, if any. 

I've also noticed one of the larger colas on top has turned brown and looks like its dying - never experienced this but to me it looks as though its bud rot. The humidity in the tent is higher than I would like but the rest of the nugs still look amazing. 

Just wondering what any experienced growers here would suggest? I'm tempted to chop very soon before any problems get worse. If I can post any pictures to help give advice please let me know and I'll get some up asap. 

Really appreciate the help as always

Edit: If there is a better place for me to post to request help please let me know and i'll get a topic started there. Cheers

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 4

Definitely get pics up. 

Break into the suspect top, ensure the rest of the crop is protected first just in case & see if it has rot inside? 

Do the sugar leaves easily detach, are they dead/dying? 

• Like 3

Not all varieties produce Amber trichomes :) 

pop up a photo or two if you can,

if not I'd stick a bag all the way over the affected bud and chop below so you can take it away from the rest of the plants before investigating further.

Try pulling the affected buds appart and if they separate too easily then it's a good sign of mould :( 

:v:Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

These are the 2 that look like they've got bud rot:

large.09dc1630-a108-4e87-84e6-c551016a58f4.jpg

large.b8bcabdf-4619-4ce6-9dfc-64fc506cee4c.jpg

The rest of the tent looks great though just worried this could spread / others could be going the same way if im not able to sort out the high humidity. I'd chop them right now but you can see from the pics below there are still a few white hairs on the plant near left, that looks as though it has another week or two left but the other 3 are good to go I think.

large.f4d84aea-3fe2-423c-8517-71ecaceb83b6.jpglarge.f338575f-0acd-4eb2-b7eb-150c9cd4fba6.jpglarge.e0785820-d0fd-4e40-a970-5ee043d8bdb2.jpglarge.2e70c4cb-47cc-455d-9f52-1b3f81a536c5.jpglarge.4736e522-3502-4089-933b-ce2476a3959b.jpglarge.091c75b9-e2de-4709-a560-5826d511b2ff.jpglarge.90cbdca6-edce-4e95-93dd-b8dc4d5a249c.jpg

If any extra pics would help give advise please let know what you need and i'll take some !!

Thanks again

• Like 4

Honestly they don't look like they're that bad at all. 

I'd still do what I said before about carefully checking for mould :)

But the whole lot is probably ready for harvest :skin_up:

Atb 

• Like 4

We took the same 3 strains down on exactly 10 weeks @FlooK , on reflection the next time will be 9 - 9.5 weeks.

Very few trichs had turned, the few that did turned clear to dark almost overnight.

Also had a patch of the PP dry out, mostly the sugar leaf but bit damage to the bud too, we associated it with the oscillating fan hitting that part of the plant continuously as that was the only area affected. 

I'm with @Shumroom, it's time to get those snips out buddy :yep:

• Like 3

Cheers fellas going to get stuck in in the morning. This is the first time I've not flushed as well so quite excited to see how it tastes

• Like 4

Job done :D Feels good

19 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Honestly they don't look like they're that bad at all. 

I'd still do what I said before about carefully checking for mould :)

But the whole lot is probably ready for harvest :skin_up:

Atb 

Out of interest mate how come you advise to be careful when checking for mould? can it spread or something?

14 hours ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

We took the same 3 strains down on exactly 10 weeks @FlooK , on reflection the next time will be 9 - 9.5 weeks.

Very few trichs had turned, the few that did turned clear to dark almost overnight.

Also had a patch of the PP dry out, mostly the sugar leaf but bit damage to the bud too, we associated it with the oscillating fan hitting that part of the plant continuously as that was the only area affected. 

I'm with @Shumroom, it's time to get those snips out buddy :yep:

How did you find the strains? Any preference? The Panty Punch looks unbelievable but got a feeling the mack and crack will be the most potent

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FlooK said:

How did you find the strains? Any preference? The Panty Punch looks unbelievable but got a feeling the mack and crack will be the most potent

lol

Im still finding the strains @FlooK, still finding the strains:skin_up:quite the job but pleasant none the less :)

My preference lies with the Mac + Crack but next week I'm going back on the ABC , but the PP is also quality so sometimes I have a cocktail with all 3 and get melted lol

You'll know what I mean in about a month :) you are gonna have a merry crimbo :) enjoy :yep:

• Like 3

Exactly that :)

So you don't drop a load of microscopic mould spores all over the other plants. 

Good luck for a nice slow dry.

Atb 

• Like 3