Crow River

@Crow River The energy is going out to her :realcool:,    She'll be a baby version of her mother :yep:, it's like been back in the science room at school doing experiments, ya broke into the science room cabinet, and yer about to light a ball of phosphorous, and ya don't really know what's going to happen other than what ya have read or heard about, of course the teacher came in:bangin: but as they say, born a fool always a fool, but sure it was great craic at the time :naughty:

Lets hope she goes onward and upwards, even if she only produced a few small buds, sure what about it, i want this little feck'r to survive, so i hope yer talk'n plenty to her every day, bed time stories and all :thisbig:.  I think she's becoming a favorite now in my diary check ups, like what would i do if ya died, just stay, stay and entertain us for a few weeks, go on ya good thing, and as i'm typing i have copped that i'm now actually talk'n to the plant, think it's time to hit the submit button, and have another :smoke:

• Like 4

Nice recovery. 

Looked like touch and go there for a while. 

I reckon you may have had a speedier result with a few tweaks to the cloning technique, but that's the learning . Looks like you made it though. Well done to you both :hippy:

• Like 2

@Oldman2.0, yeah nice one. Reckon she picked up the positive vibes coming from this place, man. :hippy: Many, many years ago as a teenager, me and some lads from school cooked up our own gunpowder one time, then set fire to it in an abandoned building.....the flames!!! :shock: The poisonous smoke! :fart:

@CheechChongReturns, aye I probably should have stripped some of the bigger leaves before putting her in the soil. But then again, it was all an accident anyway. :) Live and learn. :yinyang:

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

The wee girl is craning her upper leaves towards the sunshine today, some smaller leaves under the top are growing too. Seems back to full health. She'll be going into her final pot in the small tent tomorrow.

I'll probably run this grow on 18/6. Was going to do 24/0 but I'm not sure that's wise with this wee clone. Will aim to hit target DLI instead of just more hours of light for the sake of it.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

Just noticed she's showing pre-flowers, so will go in the tent tonight... :) Will probably go with 20/4 lighting to try and strike a balance between maxing out remaining veg time and giving her time to extend roots in the new bigger pot.

• Like 2

Well the wee girl is in the tent on 20/4. I removed the dying fan leaves so she can focus on the healthier ones. We'll see how she gets on.

large.DSC01262.jpeglarge.DSC01263.jpeglarge.DSC01265.jpeglarge.DSC01266.jpeglarge.DSC01267.jpeg

• Like 4

Another cloning attempt will be started tonight.

Long story short, I have an auto Jack Herer growing at the window which is now a metre tall after 42 days and hasn't even shown sex yet. I'm going to "super top" this girl to get her height down. Then the top will be trimmed and I'll try to root it out as a clone. Insurance policy if you like, in case the tall girl throws a wobbly after being cut back.

Only just cleaned the propagator from the last clone too... :) 

• Like 4

So I topped the tall girl. Cut about 20cm in height off her, so she's just over 80cm tall now. It was only after topping that I noticed what look like pre-flowers nestling among the baby leaves in the top three to four nodes I'd just removed. Sod's law! :rolleyes: I suppose the fact she had offset branches in the upper nodes should have alerted me to the pre-flower stage. She was way too tall anyway, I needed to do something or she might have stretched to 1.5 metres or more during flower. Now at least she might get a bit bushier before flowering proper sets in.

I prepared the top as a cutting, rolled the end in rooting powder and popped her in a tub of soil in the propagator, pre-watered with 5ml/litre Maxicrop liquid seaweed. Dunno what I'll get from the cutting if she roots, maybe a shorter baby plant. She'll stay at the window alongside her mum.

large.DSC01277.jpeglarge.DSC01278.jpeg

• Like 4

Mini-update on the Big Yield Auto clone in the small tent. She's doing fine, growing fast and vigorously. Just like her mum. :)

large.DSC01279.jpeglarge.DSC01280.jpeg

• Like 4

Big Yield Auto Jnr reached 18 days since first contact with soil in the propagator.

She's doing great, growing really well. After counting the nodes I considered topping, but decided to be a bit more gentle and just bend over the main stem. Aiming to keep her relatively low and bushy if possible prior to flowering, the better to develop more bud sites.

Pictures below show her slightly leaning to the left before LST, this is only because I tested her bendiness with a finger before committing to a more severe manoeuvre. :) 

large.DSC01297.jpeglarge.DSC01298.jpeglarge.DSC01299.jpeglarge.DSC01300.jpeg

• Like 3

Big Yield Auto Jnr achieved 21 days of life since coming out of the salad crisper.

She's doing great. Not in full flower yet, but maybe not far off. I'll see if she needs any more LST before that point, but for now I'm just letting her grow.

large.DSC01301.jpeglarge.DSC01302.jpeg

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

The Dr Jack Auto cutting has been in soil for 7 days.

She's fine, no leaf dieback, no wilting, nice and green and healthy. I'm assuming she has rooted, but shall wait to see more obvious signs of new growth before transplanting.

large.DSC01309.jpeglarge.DSC01310.jpeg

• Like 3

The Dr Jack Auto cutting has been joined by two sisters in the propagator. I got fed up of their mum getting too tall (again) so topped her a second time. Last chance before flowering starts. If all these cutting root, there'll be four by the window fairly soon. :D

Anyway, we'll see. Just a bt of fun! :)

large.DSC01313.jpeglarge.DSC01314.jpeg

• Like 2
Just now, Crow River said:

The Dr Jack Auto cutting has been joined by two sisters in the propagator. I got fed up of their mum getting too tall (again) so topped her a second time. Last chance before flowering starts. If all these cutting root, there'll be four by the window fairly soon. :D

Anyway, we'll see. Just a bt of fun! :)

nice pictures m8,good luck with your young ones, still blowing a gale here, east coast 

large.DSC01313.jpeglarge.DSC01314.jpeg

• Like 1
Just now, geogeo said:

nice pictures m8,good luck with your young ones, still blowing a gale here, east coast 

Aye, it's a bit blowy out right enough. But the window sill is calm, except for all the savage cuts! :D We'll see how those three get on. The first cutting is looking good, I must say.