Crow River

A significant milestone today in my wee hacking project with the clones. This was the final spraying of CS on the Frisian Duck clone. S/he has produced some nice plump looking balls, so all has gone well. I have now moved him/her to the opposite corner, so that as s/he stretches his/her pollen sacs will be right next to the circulation fan. Thus hopefully ensuring a thorough open pollination of the four girls: Joshua, Super Kush, Triton Biscotto Lime and another Frisian Duck. They're now in week 4 of 12/12, and buds are full of white pistils and looking lush. Another four or five weeks from now and hopefully there will be seeds. :) I did pollinate a lower branch with STA pollen, but it was all clumped - maybe some moisture got in there somehow - so I don't know if it is still viable or not.

Joshua's buds are getting seriously impressive given she only has 2 litres of soil. She's tall, and her top is so heavy I had to support it. Unfortunately both she and the female Frisian Duck have suffered some light burnt leaves. I have taken the light down a few notches, hopefully that will stop it getting much worse. The others are all fine, happily flowering away in just 1 litre of soil each.

Five clones in a 50x50x100!

large.IMG_20230822_004856.jpeg

Frisian Duck reversed

large.IMG_20230822_004706.jpeg

large.IMG_20230822_004722.jpeg

Joshua top bud

large.IMG_20230822_004800.jpeg

Joshua lower bud with pollen

large.IMG_20230822_004751.jpeg

Super Kush

large.IMG_20230822_004810.jpeg

Frisian Duck

large.IMG_20230822_004826.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I have also been treating a Super Kush clone with CS. I'll be moving over to STS for the future, but as I have CS to use up this one will also use it. Seven days of spraying done, I moved her/him into the tent where I have a few autos flowering (SOS, Small Lecter and CBD Auto), plus a CBD Critical Mass in veg. I've switched the lights from 20/4 to 11/13 (rather than 12/12), in an attempt to accelerate flowering and save a few quid in electric too. The aim is to pollinate the girls with the reversed Super Kush, maybe some interesting crosses will emerge. Pics next time...

• Like 4

Week 6 of 12/12 and pollination has begun. The naughty Frisian Duck ladyboy has started spilling his/her pollen. Early days yet but it'll be a full on orgy soon... :D

large.IMG_20230905_231455.jpeglarge.IMG_20230905_231515.jpeg

• Like 6

The clones are at the end of week 6 of flower. The Frisian Duck she-male has dropped a fair bit of pollen, and the female Frisian Duck seems like she has been pollinated. In any case, looks ready, no white pistils. Not sure about the others yet. I moved the ladyboy into the centre of the tent, hopefully his/her pollen will spread around the other girls and make lots of seeds.

The upper leaves on the Joshua clone and Frisian Duck female are both looking a bit crispy, the light burn and warm temperatures have affected them. The Joshua is incredible, her colas are huge and heavy. The main one is already supported from the ceiling, I'll soon have to do the same for the secondary cola as it's falling over. Quite interesting to see how differently this girl develops indoors compared to outside. The Super Kush and Triton Biscotto Lime have both stayed small, both still showing some white pistils too, as is the Joshua too.

I have turned the lights down a bit for the final few weeks of flower, will keep the girls going as long as I can, so any seeds have a chance to mature properly. Might be looking at harvesting in three to four weeks' time.

large.IMG_20230911_003556.jpeglarge.IMG_20230911_003625.jpeglarge.IMG_20230911_005846.jpeg

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4

Wee update on the Super Kush hacks tent. The Super Kush clone has been reversed successfully, and is growing pollen sacs. It might be at least another week before he/she starts releasing pollen. Meanwhile, the two Sawney Bean autos have already finished flowering, no white pistils on show for quite a while. I've been letting them ripen up, but I'll harvest this week as they won't be getting pollinated anyway. Too late now to wet another couple of beans with a view to making crosses. The CBD Auto is still throwing out white pistils, hopefully that will still be the case when the Super Kush ladyboy gets round to spraying pollen about. The CBD Critical Mass is still in early flower, as is the Super Kush female. If nothing else I should get some Super Kush x CBD Critical Mass and some Super Kush F2s. Hopefully some Super Kush x CBD Auto too.

Clockwise from top left: CBD Critical Mass, Super Kush clone (female mostly hidden behind CBD CM), SOS, Super Kush clone (ladyboy), Small Lecter (hidden under canopy), CBD Auto

large.IMG_20230916_225757.jpeg

Super Kush reversed

large.IMG_20230916_230129.jpeg

CBD Auto

large.IMG_20230916_230148.jpeg

SOS

large.IMG_20230916_225830.jpeg

Small Lecter

large.IMG_20230916_225854.jpeg

• Like 4

Wasn't sure which thread to add this too. This is the nearest, right section anyway. :) 

A brief update on a couple of Sawney Bean autos I have just harvested. Originally they were due to go outside, but started flowering in the tent so I kept them here. Then I thought I might pollinate them to make crosses, but they are so fast flowering that they finished before my reversed female grew pollen sacs. So I let them cook a good long while instead. They stayed small, partly because I kept them in small pots. Some nice frosty dense nugs as you can see. 

SOS
large.IMG_20230919_001225.jpeglarge.IMG_20230919_001312.jpeglarge.IMG_20230919_001344.jpeg

Small Lecter
large.6508ee6731b79_IMG_20230919_001152(1).jpeglarge.IMG_20230919_001410.jpeg

SOS & Small Lecter after chop
large.IMG_20230919_001556.jpeg

SOS
large.IMG_20230919_001657.jpeg

Small Lecter

large.IMG_20230919_001713.jpeg

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

The reversed Super Kush clone has finally started to drop some pollen. This has come a bit too late for the CBD Auto, which looked finished a while back. I'm just ripening up the buds really. So the mating ritual has begun, hopefully seeds will be made in due course.

large.IMG_20230926_234339.jpeg

• Like 3

Week 9 of 12/12 for the Ducksfoot hacks tent. All the girls are finished, the shemale is finished too. They are all looking rather crispy and tired out it must be said. They are drinking a lot less too. Have they made babies though? As yet unknown.

I will let the girls cook a few days more, and the ladyboy will be binned. Thank you for your service. I've changed the colour balance of the lights, more red and much less blue, white, green, etc. I'm trying to encourage any calyxes that have yet to plump up fully to do so.

large.IMG_20230927_000332.jpeglarge.IMG_20230927_000446.jpeg

Joshua

large.IMG_20230927_000622.jpeg

Frisian Duck female

large.IMG_20230927_000633.jpeg

Triton Biscotto Lime

large.IMG_20230927_000653.jpeg

Super Kush

large.IMG_20230927_000736.jpeg

Frisian Duck ladyboy

large.IMG_20230927_000744.jpeg

• Like 3

Just switched the lights off on the Ducksfoot tent, binned the ladyboy. The (hopefully pollinated) girls look completely exhausted, spent, nearly dead. Time to chop them, dry, and then in a while, pull apart their buds looking for seeds. Fingers crossed it all worked...

• Like 3

Chopped the Joshua clone today, gave her a quick trim, and the two main colas are hanging to dry. The other girls are by the window, to keep them ticking over until I get round to them. I hope pollination was successful, won't know for sure until they're all dry and I can check the buds properly. Some pics below of the Joshua, the grid is inches, not centimetres.

Main cola

large.IMG_20231002_151100.jpeg

Secondary cola

large.IMG_20231002_152336.jpeg

• Like 2

I haven't chopped the other three girls from the Ducksfoot crosses tent just yet. I'm keeping them on "life support" by the window for a few days more, hoping that any seeds will mature properly. That's if there are any, I mean it's possible the Frisian Duck ladyboy was shooting blanks. However, I may be mistaken but the buds on these girls look as though they might be seeded. I suppose I'll find out once they're harvested and dry...

Frisian Duck clone

large.IMG_20231003_014242.jpeg

Triton Biscotto Lime clone

large.IMG_20231003_014304.jpeg

Super Kush clone

large.IMG_20231003_014228.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Wee update on the Ducksfoot crosses attempt.

I chopped and dried all the girls a couple of weeks back, but only just got round to picking the buds apart to look for seeds. So far, the tally is as follows:

Frisian Duck F2/S1 (I think it's F2 if a reversed clone pollinates a female clone from the same seed? Or maybe not). Only 10 seeds found so far. There might be some still lurking in the buds, will grind them and see.

Frisian Duck x Super Kush. 20 seeds exactly. Again maybe more lurking unfound.

Frisian Duck x Triton Biscotto Lime. Only 7 seeds, two of which don't look viable.

Frisian Duck x Joshua. No seeds found so far, but I've only picked apart the top 1/6 of the main cola, so early days yet.

All seeds have been put in vials and labelled. I'll take them out and dry them a bit more before storing properly.

I have a feeling that maybe the reversed Frisian Duck didn't produce very much pollen, but otherwise it's fine. I have enough beans to test grow, and potentially do back crosses, take on a further generation, or cross again with something else. The Frisian Duck x Super Kush cross in particular will need to be worked on to find a faster / earlier flowering solution, as these are both quite late flowering strains. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Readers with long memories may recall I did a wee side project, reversing a Super Kush clone to pollinate some CBD strains plus another SK clone. I've been letting them ripen in the tent, the better to develop any seeds that have been produced. Recently hauled out the CBD Auto, which is now extremely ripe and near the end of her life. I suspect she flowered a bit early to be pollinated (something of a theme with autos in my breeding efforts, as I think Joshua was the same). Anyway I'll comb through the buds just in case. What she has produced is the most intensely purple leaves and buds, almost black. Quite lovely really. I've popped her by the window to enjoy some sun. I'll let her pot dry out, so she'll gently fade into drying. She didn't do too badly considering she spent her life in a King Pot Noodle container, with no heating, just at room temperature which sometimes must have been fairly chilly...

large.IMG_20231106_030948.jpeglarge.IMG_20231106_031037.jpeg

• Like 2