First grow tent and light opinions, thanks

Oldman2.0

@Shumroom Ya, photos is where i want to be alright. I don't know jack shit yet, and i was only look'n at the autos with a 24/7 cycle as a beginner so i wouldn't have to deal with lighting hours, and potential lights leaks, and concentrate on getting environment, feeding and things dialed in right. But i'm here to listen and learn, so advice welcomed :) Regards the grow box then, i bought the Maxsisun MG3000 led full spectrum light bar a few days ago, so if i'm reading right then the white interior of the Homebox maybe the right choice? Also if i was to go with photos route, how many plants for the 80 x 80 space, and finishing pot size would you advice thanks :thumsup: 

• Like 1

I'd do 4 plants in that space,

giving each plant a 40 x 40 space to fill once flowering is complete :) 

Just had a quick look for details on your light as I hadn't heard of it before,

Samsung diodes and meanwell driver - that's certainly a good start,

it seems to get decent feedback on the river site(we try to avoid using real names of large institutions like the one owne by the bezzo) :) 

It should do a decent job in your 80 x 80 tent,

have you double checked the dimensions to make sure it fits inside an 80 x 80?

With autos,

everything really needs to be spot on,

or it will have a detrimental effect on the final amount of bud produced and every little mistake adds up.

So you can end up with a truly disappointing harvest :( 

It goes into flower when it decides,

which may be before it's had a chance to grow to the expected size.

But with photos,

you get the chance to make sure that the plants are happy and healthy and trained to maximise the available space,

before flipping to flower.

Trust me there's nothing difficult about a 12/12 light cycle,

a basic mechanical grasslin timer is what I tend to use,

i think the name may have changed but it's what comes up when you search for "grasslin mechanical timer" :D 

If you have any questions,

feel free to tag me and I'll do my best to answer or at least point you towards some of the real experts on this site :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Some Seedbanks make it seem like autos are great for beginners,

i completely disagree with that :D 

autos aren't really for learning on,

better to start with a reliable fem photoperiod for your first few grows :) 

100% if you want a quick crop just do a short veg. Autos are best left for when you're more experienced. I tend to reliably get pretty good results with photos but I'm still way off the mark with autos. 

• Like 1

I forgot about pot size lol :skin_up:

Starting from peat pellets or small starter pots gowing up roughly double in size each time,

until you get to about an 8l pot,

staying in relatively small pots to get you used to good watering practices.

Some people go to big on the final pot and it takes too long in between waterings.

I'm not being funny but let me know if you suffer from any kind of disability that might limit what you can't or shouldn't really be trying.

I've got a bad back myself so I know how things like this can affect what people should or shouldn't be doing ;) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

It might be said that autos need to hit the ground running with a silver spoon in their mouth, a tail wind behind them and a bit of the luck of the Irish to get the best out of them.

Photos for beginners I reckon.

:-)

• Like 2

I must just chime in and say I can't possibly imagine photos being any easier what so ever.. 

In Coco I seen someone say on here (it's bugging me I can't remember who) it's just growing by numbers and it truly is. If you have the time to mix up nutes every feed it's a no brainer. 

Autos: 

Step 1: Plant seed 

Step 2: water plant

Step 3: Have weed 

Maybe I got lucky on my first run and I'll have a different opinion in a couple months

lol

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Oldman2.0 said:

would prefer the tent interior to be silver mylar

from what I understood, white lining was/is supposed to be better than silver mylar

its more expensive anyhoo

mystic

• Like 1